Olight

41 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Jimo
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2020 - 08:47
Posts: 143
Olight

Hi does the Blf have any discounts for olight products. I’m thinking about getting a red Baton 3

Jimo

e1000
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 19:57
Posts: 263
Location: LA, CA

Only on the High CRI models. I KID I KID. I have no clue, I’ll see myself out now, don’t mind me.

Paul321
Paul321's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 03/07/2015 - 09:44
Posts: 757
Location: Hawleyville, USA

There are rarely discounts for Olight products offered on BLF Sad

However if you subscribe / create an account to the Olight Store (US)

You would get invites to the flash sales which occur frequently.
Also subscribe to the youtube account for potential discounts

The Red Baton 3 was the last flash sale offering.

Paul-

Jimo
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2020 - 08:47
Posts: 143

So missed the flash sale of the red baton 3

Jimo

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Paul321 wrote:
There are rarely discounts for Olight products offered on BLF Sad

However if you subscribe / create an account to the Olight Store (US)

You would get invites to the flash sales which occur frequently.
Also subscribe to the youtube account for potential discounts

The Red Baton 3 was the last flash sale offering.

If anyone can provide an answer, how come Olight discounts are rare. Now that I think about it, I notice only a select few brands always have discounts happening? Conspiracy?? $$$???

 

                                                                                             

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Yup, no Olight in the big list. Crying Super All Wheel Rare. Hmmm SAWR…sounds like car technology lingo. Big Smile Beer

 

                                                                                             

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2886
Location: at the end of the light beam

IIRC, Olight once made it onto the black list of commercial sellers on BLF.

https://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1592867#comment-1592867

Maybe they never tried to come back. IDK.

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

IIRC, Olight once made it onto the black list of commercial sellers on BLF.

https://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1592867#comment-1592867

Maybe they never tried to come back. IDK.

 

Lol, Hall of Shame. Sometimes the truth hurts.laughing

 

                                                                                             

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2977
Location: Sweden

if u are in usa they make on holidays etc crazy flash sales, no need coupons here as they dont really work like that…

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 2189
Location: UK SW

mortuus wrote:
if u are in usa they make on holidays etc crazy flash sales, no need coupons here as they dont really work like that…

They do in the UK too, there was a really good deal they did the other day which I posted in the deal thread.
Unheard
Unheard's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1730
Location: Germany

Hank33 wrote:

If anyone can provide an answer, how come Olight discounts are rare.

Easy answer: They sell excellent lights, and US prices are ok. Their peer group are made of manufacturers like Acebeam and Zebralight.

The US price for the Baton 3 was really nice. Don’t think we’ll see that again so soon, if ever. Anyone noticed the 300 lm mode is back? It’s a dream EDC, would have bought it immediately if I were in the USA.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 480
Location: Eastern USA

It isn’t a dream EDC for all of us in the USA, for more than one reason – not a suitable item for my needs, but a very nice flashlight.

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3596
Location: USA, Michigan
Jimo wrote:
So missed the flash sale of the red baton 3

If you subscribe to emails at Olight store, you will never be able to unsubscribe. Hitting the unsubscribe button does no good. I had to train my email client to toss their crap into a spam folder where it’s automatically deleted. They are relentless with daily spam.

longuylander
longuylander's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 10/09/2019 - 05:02
Posts: 183
Location: Long Island

I don’t get any spam mail from them. Once every few weeks I get an email about a flash sale and that’s it.

I did buy a red Baton 3 during their flash sale, and after a week of no updates on the order, I was told they were waiting for it to be shipped from China and would update me when it reached NJ (I guess where they get their products in the U.S.) After a second contact seventeen days after the order, I was told that the shipment was lost and they’ll be sending me another one. No tracking number yet…

I love my old S1 Mini (especially because of that 300 lumen high mode) but the max output and battery life of the Baton 3 convinced me. Now if only Olight made a larger capacity proprietary 16340 for it… 550mah is pretty low yet still gives an impressive almost 90 minutes on high.

Paul321
Paul321's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 03/07/2015 - 09:44
Posts: 757
Location: Hawleyville, USA

longuylander wrote:
I don’t get any spam mail from them. Once every few weeks I get an email about a flash sale and that’s it.

I did buy a red Baton 3 during their flash sale, and after a week of no updates on the order, I was told they were waiting for it to be shipped from China………

I don’t get spam from The Olight Store either, just the flash sales’ announcements. The sales are timed around holidays , mothers day , fathers day so another might be coming.
I think it is poor business to operate in the US and have to wait for the shipment from China.
I watched their youtube video about the Baton 3 you would think the (US) warehouse would be stocked for the orders that were generated from the sale campaign.

Paul-

CR888
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 08:31
Posts: 38
Location: Australia

I bought one Baton3 in blue. Nice little light, clever little Zippo style carry case that holds an 18650 & will rechaege light 3.7 times. Pity about their proprietary batteries but thats part of the deal. Only thing is being a 16340 cell light it’s so short you end up pinching the light to hold it. I prefer the Baton2-pro with 2k max lumens. Just my 2c

CR888

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6597
Location: Holland

If you want, you could also use the 1Lumen discount code, it gives you 10% off. 

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

I just found out the the Baton 3 Premium does wireless charging! Hmmm looks interesting. Cash

 

                                                                                             

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1730
Location: Germany

Hank33 wrote:
I just found out the the Baton 3 Premium does wireless charging! Hmmm looks interesting. Cash

It’s the standard magnetic charging system.

Edit:

US: $64.95
Germany: 77.95 EUR

I have two words for you, Olight.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2886
Location: at the end of the light beam

Unheard wrote:
(...) Edit: US: $64.95 Germany: 77.95 EUR I have two words for you, Olight.

I can only guess what these two words would be. LOL

BTW, the same applies to ThruNite. Great prices for customers from US, Canada and Japan but extraordinary expensive (import?) prices for EU customers. I find it hard to accept any further excuses for higher prices due to VAT in the EU.

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Unheard wrote:
Hank33 wrote:
I just found out the the Baton 3 Premium does wireless charging! Hmmm looks interesting. $)

It's the standard magnetic charging system. Edit: US: $64.95 Germany: 77.95 EUR I have two words for you, Olight.

Oh magnet technology, okay no biggie. Bit it sure looks snazzy! Big Smile Actually I doubt it'll fully charge up my iPhone though.undecided

 

                                                                                             

CarpentryHero
CarpentryHero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/06/2012 - 14:31
Posts: 1518
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Theirs a sale almost every month, typically 30% off, or 40% in a bundle.

I like this system, instead of a year round 15%

I’m glad I’m not the only flashlight collector out there, I was beginning to think I was strange.
My name is Kendall and I’m a Flashaholic from western Canada

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

CarpentryHero wrote:
Theirs a sale almost every month, typically 30% off, or 40% in a bundle. I like this system, instead of a year round 15%

Hey nice and a bundle is even better! Smile I might get the Warrior X Pro Military!laughing Already signed up to their mailing list too. 

 

                                                                                             

CarpentryHero
CarpentryHero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/06/2012 - 14:31
Posts: 1518
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Hank33 wrote:

CarpentryHero wrote:
Theirs a sale almost every month, typically 30% off, or 40% in a bundle. I like this system, instead of a year round 15%

Hey nice and a bundle is even better! Smile I might get the Warrior X Pro Military!laughing Already signed up to their mailing list too. 


I have one in Tan, absolutely love it

I’m glad I’m not the only flashlight collector out there, I was beginning to think I was strange.
My name is Kendall and I’m a Flashaholic from western Canada

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
CarpentryHero wrote:
Hank33 wrote:

CarpentryHero wrote:
Theirs a sale almost every month, typically 30% off, or 40% in a bundle. I like this system, instead of a year round 15%

Hey nice and a bundle is even better! Smile I might get the Warrior X Pro Military!laughing Already signed up to their mailing list too. 


I have one in Tan, absolutely love it

Nice one! And Tan since it’s a Warrior Military flashlight. Smile It’s nice too that the charging cable is an upgraded 3A one. Hmmm, I wonder if it’s easy to do an led swap for this light?

 

                                                                                             

CarpentryHero
CarpentryHero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/06/2012 - 14:31
Posts: 1518
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada

https://youtu.be/4sQbkFu6Fhk

Some cool colour choices

I’m glad I’m not the only flashlight collector out there, I was beginning to think I was strange.
My name is Kendall and I’m a Flashaholic from western Canada

Jimo
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2020 - 08:47
Posts: 143

You are not alone. My name is Jim and I’m a flashohalic from Metro Detroit.

Jimo

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 3921
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Unheard wrote:
Hank33 wrote:
I just found out the the Baton 3 Premium does wireless charging! Hmmm looks interesting. Cash

It’s the standard magnetic charging system.

Edit:

US: $64.95
Germany: 77.95 EUR

I have two words for you, Olight.

NL: €114.95

I have a ton of words for you. One of them is monopoly, the other is MAP.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

CarpentryHero
CarpentryHero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/06/2012 - 14:31
Posts: 1518
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Wherever possible check if you have an Olight store for your region.
Olight Canada isn’t selling the pen in this sale, at least when I checked this morning it wasn’t listed

I’m glad I’m not the only flashlight collector out there, I was beginning to think I was strange.
My name is Kendall and I’m a Flashaholic from western Canada

Jimo
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2020 - 08:47
Posts: 143

I just purchased the red baton 3 from the Illumn store. It arrives Monday.

Jimo

longuylander
longuylander's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 10/09/2019 - 05:02
Posts: 183
Location: Long Island

I am STILL waiting on a shipping number for the red Baton 3 I ordered on March 19th!! What’s going on there??

Pages