Hi BLFers

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13
Hi BLFers

Hi BLFers,

We are Olight Canada Team. This is our first time to post in BLF. Really happy to see so many flashlight lovers here! Hope we can have good interactions in the future!

Olight is a global technology driven lights company. Please allow us to make a brief introduction of our products. We have sorts of flashlights, including: EDC series, Tactical series, PL lights, Search lights, Bicycle lights, headlamps and other lights which can be used for outdoor utilization, camping and hunting! As well as, the best sellers are the following:


Perun 2


Warrior X Pro


I5T EOS


OBulb


S1R Baton II

BLFers who are interested in flashlights should learn well about these products!!!

We sincerely apologize for the behavior against the related rules of this forum. We need to make a adjustment about this giveaway. Truly appreciate your support and participation!

Have a good day! Smile

Olight Canada Team

Edited by: Olight Canada on 04/09/2021 - 04:50
2A
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 529
Location: quarantained

Welcome to BLF, Olight Canada! I have several olight and they are very good.
Is is safe to assume only Canadian customers or prospective customers are eligible for the GAW?

phouton
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 10/23/2019 - 19:06
Posts: 493

Welcome, Olight Canada! That’s a nice first post.

I really like my Olight i1R 2 EOS. It lives permanently on my keychain and is very useful. I just wish it were high CRI. Smile

It’s great to see a giveaway, but is joining a Facebook group necessary? I avoid this, and many on BLF do too. I hope there’s some wiggle room on that. Innocent

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 1010

Welcome to BLF Olight Canada. I'm glad Olight finally came to this forum. Unfortunately, you must know that your giveaway is against the "rules" of this forum. The point is:

  • Please do not post giveaways that require signing up outside of BLF, for example on Facebook or Instagram.

Olight Canada wrote:
2. Join the Olight Canada Fans Group

You can find all the tips and reminders about giveaways in this thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/73013

 

SammysHP
SammysHP's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 06/25/2019 - 14:35
Posts: 778
Location: Germany

Quote:
1. Comment what do you know about Olight

Expensive, cold white light and proprietary batteries. Change my mind and send me a better Olight flashlight. Big Smile
Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 38 sec ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 803
Location: Texas
Quote:
headlamps can be used for outdoor utilization

Ooooh, learning opportunity! I think I learned this here; and in a very similar sounding post. When you’re “utilizing” a thing, you’re doing something with it which was not intended. If I use a light so I can take advantage of the outdoors, I’m just outdoors. Unless it’s a graveyard and I’m having a birthday party. If I use a scooter battery to power a flashlight, I’m utilizing that battery. If I use that same scooter battery in a scooter I’m using that battery. If I’m using the scooter solely for its headlight, I’m back to utilizing.

oh oh oh and:

1. Comment what do you know about Olight

According to an article on flashlight wiki: Their board chairman is the owner of Foursevens with whom they have a “strategic alliance.”

I admit I did not know that until just now.

2. Join the Olight Canada Fans Group

as pointed out that’s against the rules, but I personally do not have a facebook/insta at this time, that I know of.
Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 3922
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

- I’m NOT a Canadian citizen
- I’m NOT on Fakebook or on any other “Social” Medium

Simple math: “minus” times “minus” is “plus”.
Does that make me qualify?

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

SammysHP
SammysHP's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 06/25/2019 - 14:35
Posts: 778
Location: Germany

Henk4U2 wrote:
- I’m NOT a Canadian citizen
- I’m NOT on Fakebook or on any other “Social” Medium

Simple math: “minus” times “minus” is “plus”.
Does that make me qualify?


Sadly no. You have two times NOT and not NOT times NOT. It is not -1 * -1 = 1, but 2 * -1 = -2.
Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 3922
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

SammysHP wrote:
Henk4U2 wrote:
- I’m NOT a Canadian citizen
- I’m NOT on Fakebook or on any other “Social” Medium

Simple math: “minus” times “minus” is “plus”.
Does that make me qualify?


Sadly no. You have two times NOT and not NOT times NOT. It is not -1 * -1 = 1, but 2 * -1 = -2.

Clever Cloggs Wink

EDIT: But if necessary, I can supply you with a Canadian address. Puh.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

Pavlo
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2015 - 10:37
Posts: 887
Location: Canada

I have heard only good feedback about the build quality of your lights.
I have yet to own one.
I don’t like proprietary battery systems.

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 1972
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I like the overall design of Olights but the cool white LEDS and non mod friendly designs leave a lot to be desired.

LumenMax
LumenMax's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 08/21/2018 - 10:50
Posts: 342
Location: NY

Olight has been around for more than 10 years, has 5 yr warranty on their flashlights, has lots of fans and fanatics and has officers around the world.

derfyled
derfyled's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 04/16/2013 - 07:51
Posts: 245
Location: Canada

-Olight was among the first quality LED light from China along with Fenix and Nitecore more than 10 years ago.

- They produced the first 4SEVENS flashlights

The titanium S MINI is possibly my most used EDC light. I really like their design but I don’t buy them anymore because they only use cool white LED.

Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 59 sec ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 555
Location: Toronto

I like your universal charger. It’s very useful for traveling.

Hank33
Hank33's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2019 - 16:00
Posts: 758
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

I like that Olight has tough tactical flashlights and also the latest flashlight tech like wireless charging. Smile

 

                                                                                             

Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13
Sunnysunsun wrote:
I like your universal charger. It’s very useful for traveling.

Hi Sunny! Truly thanks for your support! We’ll produce more better products to keep your satisfaction guaranteed!

Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

Chatika vas Paus wrote:

Welcome to BLF Olight Canada. I’m glad Olight finally came to this forum. Unfortunately, you must know that your giveaway is against the “rules” of this forum. The point is:



  • Please do not post giveaways that require signing up outside of BLF, for example on Facebook or Instagram.


Olight Canada wrote:
2. Join the Olight Canada Fans Group


You can find all the tips and reminders about giveaways in this thread:


https://budgetlightforum.com/node/73013


 


Hi Chatika! We’ve corrected this. Thanks for your kindness and thoughtful remainder.
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

phouton wrote:
Welcome, Olight Canada! That’s a nice first post.

I really like my Olight i1R 2 EOS. It lives permanently on my keychain and is very useful. I just wish it were high CRI. Smile

It’s great to see a giveaway, but is joining a Facebook group necessary? I avoid this, and many on BLF do too. I hope there’s some wiggle room on that. Innocent


Hi Phouton! Thanks for your support and suggestion about the i1R Smile I’ll record this and tell to our product designer. Really sorry for the interruption of the giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future.
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13
Robin Dobbie wrote:
Quote:
headlamps can be used for outdoor utilization

Ooooh, learning opportunity! I think I learned this here; and in a very similar sounding post. When you’re “utilizing” a thing, you’re doing something with it which was not intended. If I use a light so I can take advantage of the outdoors, I’m just outdoors. Unless it’s a graveyard and I’m having a birthday party. If I use a scooter battery to power a flashlight, I’m utilizing that battery. If I use that same scooter battery in a scooter I’m using that battery. If I’m using the scooter solely for its headlight, I’m back to utilizing.

oh oh oh and:

1. Comment what do you know about Olight

According to an article on flashlight wiki: Their board chairman is the owner of Foursevens with whom they have a “strategic alliance.”

I admit I did not know that until just now.

2. Join the Olight Canada Fans Group

as pointed out that’s against the rules, but I personally do not have a facebook/insta at this time, that I know of.

Hi Robin! “headlamps can be used for outdoor utilization” is a text error caused by our careless. Truly thanks for your participation! We need to make an adjustment about this giveaway. Really sorry for all.

Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

Pavlo wrote:
I have heard only good feedback about the build quality of your lights.
I have yet to own one.
I don’t like proprietary battery systems.

Hi Pavlo! Thanks for your participation. Really sorry for the interruption of this giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future. Smile
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

Gunga wrote:
I like the overall design of Olights but the cool white LEDS and non mod friendly designs leave a lot to be desired.

Thanks for your support and suggestion Gunga! I’ve record this. Then I will tell to our product designer. Really sorry for the interruption of the giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future. Smile
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

2A wrote:
Welcome to BLF, Olight Canada! I have several olight and they are very good.
Is is safe to assume only Canadian customers or prospective customers are eligible for the GAW?

Hi bro! Thanks for your participation. Really sorry for the interruption of this giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future. Smile
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

SammysHP wrote:
Quote:
1. Comment what do you know about Olight

Expensive, cold white light and proprietary batteries. Change my mind and send me a better Olight flashlight. Big Smile

Hi Sammy! Thanks for your participation. Really sorry for the interruption of this giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future. Smile
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

LumenMax wrote:

Olight has been around for more than 10 years, has 5 yr warranty on their flashlights, has lots of fans and fanatics and has officers around the world.


Hi bro! Thanks for your participation. Really sorry for the interruption of this giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future. Smile
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

derfyled wrote:
-Olight was among the first quality LED light from China along with Fenix and Nitecore more than 10 years ago.

- They produced the first 4SEVENS flashlights

The titanium S MINI is possibly my most used EDC light. I really like their design but I don’t buy them anymore because they only use cool white LED.


Hi bro! Thanks for your participation and suggestion. Smile I’ve recorded this. And then I will tell it to our product designer. Really sorry for the interruption of the giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future.
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

Hank33 wrote:
I like that Olight has tough tactical flashlights and also the latest flashlight tech like wireless charging. Smile

Hi bro! Thanks for your love and suggestion to our product. Smile I’ve recorded this. Then I will tell to our product designer. Really sorry for the interruption of the giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future.
Olight Canada
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2021 - 04:55
Posts: 13

Henk4U2 wrote:
- I’m NOT a Canadian citizen
- I’m NOT on Fakebook or on any other “Social” Medium

Simple math: “minus” times “minus” is “plus”.
Does that make me qualify?


Hi bro! Thanks for your participation. Smile Really sorry for the interruption of the giveaway. We will make an adjustment in the future.
Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 13 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2886
Location: at the end of the light beam

How about a worldwide Olight giveaway? Silly If I am not mistaken Olight (USA?) was banned from BLF some time ago. Some questions...please don’t take any offense.

  • Does Olight plan to relaunch their activities on BLF for each sales region (e.g. Olight Canada, Olight USA, Olight EU or EMEA)? Or is Olight Canada some kind of a franchise operation, being responsible on their own?
  • What happened to your German representatives? It seems all former marketing activities have stopped by the end of 2020. I noticed that lately many customers have had big complaints concerning communication with www.olightstore.de.
  • Could you please take more neutral, warmer tints into consideration? By the way, many of your coldwhite flashlights have a rather significant hue into greenish tint, i.e. LEDs seem to be on the positive side of the BBL chromaticity region. Many of us here would appreciate if Olight chose to use LEDs being pure white (on the BBL) or slightly rosy (negative side of the BBL).
  • Last but not least: Please offer more models without the need for proprietary batteries. I do like magnetic charging but paying EUR 20 - 30 for one single spare custom battery is out of the question, at least for me.

Thank you.

wilkins1kc
Offline
Last seen: 21 min ago
Joined: 09/22/2019 - 17:55
Posts: 41
Location: UK
Robin Dobbie wrote:
When you’re “utilizing” a thing, you’re doing something with it which was not intended.

I remember seeing the original post about this and thinking it was too prescriptive.

For comparison:
Oxford English Dictionary “Utilize (v) To make or render useful; to convert to use, turn to account.”
Collins English Dictionary “Utilize – to make practical or worthwhile use of”

I did find a Merriam-Webster article that goes a bit further “while it’s true that use can generally be substituted for utilize without a change in meaning, utilize is typically applied with the particular meaning of “to make use of : to turn to practical use or account,” and often suggests the discovery of a new, profitable, or practical use for something”.

I don’t remember who made that original post, but if I recall correctly the source cited was not very authoritative. I think the Merriam-Webster quote is probably a more balanced interpretation.