FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX® MF01X 18*LEDs 21000lm 3*21700 USB-C Flashlight Group Buy

233 posts / 0 new
Last post
Miguel_79
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 345
Location: Spain

Here you have a lot of photos and a video of the MT18X / MF01X:

https://www.taobao.com/list/item/660323558647.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.tag...

By the way, the price is 498 yuan, which is equivalent to 68 euros or 78 dollars.

TermsakC
TermsakC's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2021 - 22:47
Posts: 386
Location: Singapore

But isn’t the indicative GB price of this MF01X is in three digits, which means US$100+?

frastad
Online
Last seen: 10 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 11/28/2021 - 06:49
Posts: 14
Location: Germany

Miguel_79 wrote:
Here you have a lot of photos and a video of the MT18X / MF01X:

https://www.taobao.com/list/item/660323558647.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.tag...

By the way, the price is 498 yuan, which is equivalent to 68 euros or 78 dollars.


I’m a bit sad… it seems to be “members only”… (or it’s just the link)… Crying
TermsakC
TermsakC's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2021 - 22:47
Posts: 386
Location: Singapore

Yes, frastad, in order to buy or sell on Tao Bao, we need to register and become members of the platform. A little cumbersome for foreigners outside of China.

frastad
Online
Last seen: 10 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 11/28/2021 - 06:49
Posts: 14
Location: Germany

Yes it’t a little tricky without “English” (at least for me). Facepalm

Well then at least the product seems to be ready for selling there or there seems to be more information coming…

Let’s hope this nice little light will be available (for all) soon.

Thank you TermsakC! Thumbs Up

Miguel_79
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 345
Location: Spain

I’m sorry, I don’t have a taobao account and I could see it.

If you want, later I upload the photos and the video here.

frastad wrote:
Miguel_79 wrote:
Here you have a lot of photos and a video of the MT18X / MF01X:

https://www.taobao.com/list/item/660323558647.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.tag...

By the way, the price is 498 yuan, which is equivalent to 68 euros or 78 dollars.


I’m a bit sad… it seems to be “members only”… (or it’s just the link)… Crying
Miguel_79
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 345
Location: Spain

Yes, looking at the price on taobao, I think the price of the MF01X is inflated.

TermsakC wrote:
But isn’t the indicative GB price of this MF01X is in three digits, which means US$100+?
m03da
m03da's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 11/16/2021 - 18:23
Posts: 113
Location: European Union

Seems the aux LEDs aren’t RGB but MF01S-style trippy.

without darkness, light is meaningless
burnt pocket counter: 0001
(he/ him)

Miguel_79
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 345
Location: Spain

BOMBAY
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 04/24/2016 - 10:07
Posts: 252
Location: Polska

Miguel_79 wrote:
Here you have a lot of photos and a video of the MT18X / MF01X:

https://www.taobao.com/list/item/660323558647.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.tag...

By the way, the price is 498 yuan, which is equivalent to 68 euros or 78 dollars.

This is the price for users who send their old MT18S back to the dealer. The overall price of the new model is higher than the MT18S

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 78

Google Translate:

“product details
***Before you buy***

New event (event time: 2022.1.12——2022.1.20)

Option 1: 20% discount on new products, if there is a direct deduction for coupons

Option 2: Trade-in (old machine MT18 MT18S can be deducted 300 yuan) if there is a direct discount with coupons

For trade-in shipments, you need to send the old machine back first, and write a small note at the same time, the content of the note: write the ID number of the 18X purchased this time, and the company will send it out within 3 days after receiving the old machine 18 18S for verification. 18X

The above two event plans can only be selected from two, and cannot be used with the same flashlight at the same time, please know!”

The original price is 638 Yuan or 100 USD

Miguel_79
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 345
Location: Spain

Thanks for the information and clarification of my error.

BOMBAY wrote:
This is the price for users who send their old MT18S back to the dealer. The overall price of the new model is higher than the MT18S

aggalitsas wrote:
Google Translate:

“product details
***Before you buy***

New event (event time: 2022.1.12——2022.1.20)

Option 1: 20% discount on new products, if there is a direct deduction for coupons

Option 2: Trade-in (old machine MT18 MT18S can be deducted 300 yuan) if there is a direct discount with coupons

For trade-in shipments, you need to send the old machine back first, and write a small note at the same time, the content of the note: write the ID number of the 18X purchased this time, and the company will send it out within 3 days after receiving the old machine 18 18S for verification. 18X

The above two event plans can only be selected from two, and cannot be used with the same flashlight at the same time, please know!”

The original price is 638 Yuan or 100 USD

tactical_grizzly
tactical_grizzly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 14:54
Posts: 262
Location: North Texas

Miguel_79 wrote:

Now wait a minute. That’s unicorn barf, not RGB.

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 78

The AUX lights can be dimmed ,just like in the MF01s through the same process . At least that is stated in the ad in TaoBao.

m03da
m03da's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 11/16/2021 - 18:23
Posts: 113
Location: European Union

Further confirmation they’re not RGB. And I’m not exactly against the combination, it does look trippy and kinda cool, but for regular use I vastly prefer single, solid colour. Usually magenta for its objective, measurable fabulousness.

without darkness, light is meaningless
burnt pocket counter: 0001
(he/ him)

frastad
Online
Last seen: 10 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 11/28/2021 - 06:49
Posts: 14
Location: Germany

I love the aux lights of the old version.
And I love the idea that they use “old” technology to keep the price low…

So I’m pretty happy with what I see. Thumbs Up

Thank you all for posting this!

m03da
m03da's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 11/16/2021 - 18:23
Posts: 113
Location: European Union

google-translated OCR of the images:

High-energy wick, soft and staple
Intelligent temperature control to protect the body
Adopt high-efficiency stable drive circuit (dual high-power MOS) when the voltage/temperature exceeds 55°C
The preset value automatically activates the temperature control and will kick down the gear

—-

Integrated battery compartment
The battery compartment is integrated with the barrel, and three 21700 lithium batteries need to be installed to use it. This product itself does not have batteries, and the customer needs to provide batteries by himself.
positioning hole
dowel pin
Note: When loading the battery, the positioning pin of the tail cover should be inserted into the positioning hole on the end face of the battery compartment and then tightened.

—-

Power display at a glance
Button with independent power display and fast charging prompt, keep track of system power status
Fast charge indicator:
Fulfillment:
Charge:
Steady red light
green light flashing
Green light is always on
full:
Slow charge indicator:
Fulfillment:
Charge:
Red light goes out
green light flashing
Green light is always on
full:

—-

MATEMINCO
MT-18X
Outdoor training mecha flashlight
Advanced sub-light board design, color changes with voltage, intuitive estimation of battery voltage status, high-efficiency direct drive
IPX7 waterproof
USB two-way fast charging
Over temperature protection
super bright long shot
Made for enthusiasts!

—-

Support various mobile phone emergency charging
Emergency Charging Say Goodbye to Power Outages
When going out outdoors, when the mobile phone has no power, it can be used for emergency charging.
Fast charge and discharge; fast charge red light on, green light dims as the power decreases; burst charge and discharge; red charge light off, green light dims as the power decreases

—-

Alloy quality, sturdy and durable
Rock quality, drop resistance and pressure resistance
Made of high-strength aluminum alloy material, oxidation treatment is effective for anti-drop and compression, prolonging service life

—-

21000 lumens
Enough for outdoor night activities
The longest range is up to 871 meters, the night has no end, and it can be used for mountain climbing
Search and rescue, camping and other night activities

Stepless dimming
A step in the hands of the hospital
in place

·With gear memory function

—-

Professional waterproof
IPX-7 waterproof
IPX-7 strength waterproof design, can eliminate the harmful effects of water jets on all sides to resist outdoor accidents
Fully sealed structure
High density waterproof ring
Micron-scale processing

—-

One-handed operation, free adjustment
Control with one hand, adjust at will
You can adjust the brightness of the 4 colors of sub-light LEDs by tightening and loosening 4 adjustable resistors, but you need to unscrew the head cover and lens, and the customer decides by himself.
Secondary light color change:
3.9v-4.2v, green below 2.9, below protection, all auxiliary lights are turned off
, pink, blue 3.3v-3.9v
pink,
blue
2.90-3.3v
Red

without darkness, light is meaningless
burnt pocket counter: 0001
(he/ him)

frastad
Online
Last seen: 10 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 11/28/2021 - 06:49
Posts: 14
Location: Germany

Oh… there’s a new video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvRzTRYgGg

Vodak-Yarout
Vodak-Yarout's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2021 - 11:49
Posts: 75
Location: France

I’m in love with this photoshop job.

The cutting of man is also exceptional
The light in hand, the hand! O__O
I don’t find anything good on this pics
so funny Love
-
-
-
sad they have kept this design Crying

m03da
m03da's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 11/16/2021 - 18:23
Posts: 113
Location: European Union

My take aways from that:

  • still no indication of CCT, tint, CRI, so probably not designed to excel in that area
  • MF01s-style aux LEDs, not RGB, love them or hate them (also not sure if these would be controllable from Andúril not even in terms of high-low-flashing-off)
  • battery holder needs a locating pin so the cells are probably not all in parallel, however the ‘leaked’ charts indicate that the SFQ43 should come in a 3V config so maybe a buck driver?
  • if the cells aren’t all parallelled, the internal USB charger wouldn’t likely include provisions for balancing of the cells which I’d like to see

without darkness, light is meaningless
burnt pocket counter: 0001
(he/ him)

CM2010
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 07/19/2012 - 05:48
Posts: 674

Interested.

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 78

- I believe Mateminco will favor output to tint-high CRI.
- I like the old AUX lights, plus they give a rough voltage estimate. The option for Low-High-flashing-Off should be available.
- The driver will probably be FET+7.
- My main concern is sustained output and the efficiency of the cooling fins design.

m03da
m03da's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 11/16/2021 - 18:23
Posts: 113
Location: European Union

The aux leds are fine but not my particular cup of coffee, I prefer solid colour of my choice and I’m fine checking battery voltage in Andúril when done using the light for the day.

ETA: The OP mentioned RGB aux from the get-go, I was looking forward to that and it’s a bummer to me personally. That’s why I’m pointing this out.

Yeah. Actually I’ll pass. No longer interested.

without darkness, light is meaningless
burnt pocket counter: 0001
(he/ him)

@Lojik
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 22:36
Posts: 309
Location: Kingdom of Los Angeles
aggalitsas wrote:
- I believe Mateminco will favor output to tint-high CRI. - I like the old AUX lights, plus they give a rough voltage estimate. The option for Low-High-flashing-Off should be available. - The driver will probably be FET+7. - My main concern is sustained output and the efficiency of the cooling fins design.

I remember early-on people were not understanding the cooling fins design and we’re even wondering if they were designed for a fandle or something. Adding the drilled holes was a definite upgrade. It allows more air inside to cool the fins and ultimately gets heat away from the center. If the holes weren’t there, air wouldn’t reach the lights core as easily and heat wouldn’t have as quick an exit. This is exactly the same design the Nightwatch Stalker used for their SBT90 thrower and that thing has great heat dispersion.

I forgot about this concern people were sharing until I saw you mention it again. I was def happy to see them add the holes, will definitely help air flow and cooling. I’m really excited for this light.m, I just hope they don’t go crazy on the price.

Vodak-Yarout
Vodak-Yarout's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2021 - 11:49
Posts: 75
Location: France
@Lojik wrote:
aggalitsas wrote:
- I believe Mateminco will favor output to tint-high CRI. - I like the old AUX lights, plus they give a rough voltage estimate. The option for Low-High-flashing-Off should be available. - The driver will probably be FET+7. - My main concern is sustained output and the efficiency of the cooling fins design.

I remember early-on people were not understanding the cooling fins design and we’re even wondering if they were designed for a fandle or something. Adding the drilled holes was a definite upgrade. It allows more air inside to cool the fins and ultimately gets heat away from the center. If the holes weren’t there, air wouldn’t reach the lights core as easily and heat wouldn’t have as quick an exit. This is exactly the same design the Nightwatch Stalker used for their SBT90 thrower and that thing has great heat dispersion.

I forgot about this concern people were sharing until I saw you mention it again. I was def happy to see them add the holes, will definitely help air flow and cooling. I’m really excited for this light.m, I just hope they don’t go crazy on the price.

Me, page 2, 3 and 4
I’ve Nightwatch Stalker SBT 90.2 , its real cool fine with drilled hole, assisst cooling with basic physic, reduce air flow resitance inside the cooling fin.
The Astrolux light have, visibly, closed section, no coolling fine near “honeycomb”, 3 section of 5 cells seem be not connected to each other.
-
For machining use to create this, it’s for me better make only cooling fine.
This design is, for me, only for brainf**k rewiewer on her stable and static test, not for customer on night…
-
I exclude cooling with fan, too variable, and we’ll always find someone to say it’s normal because it’s powerful and it heats up Sad I say only for static test with no fan which could give good results unfortunately that will not reproduce it outside the test in normal use, it could be much worse and give an equivalent result to a light flat with no cooling fine except that this will not be seen in the tests, on the contrary, hence the brainf**k the results will be false, it is up to us not to believe in the miracle of a model that breach physical rules.
-
-
But I always remain open if someone can explain to me how a closed design conducive to increase the resistance of the airflow can have a higher efficiency for us on disturbed and dynamic area.
-
-
-

Self quote:
“100+ years of evolution for engine cooldown by air.
One basic physical principle, the air must meet the least possible resistance on the greatest possible contact surface.
So heat sink “classical”, no other way.”

@Lojik
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 22:36
Posts: 309
Location: Kingdom of Los Angeles
Vodak-Yarout wrote:
@Lojik wrote:
aggalitsas wrote:
- I believe Mateminco will favor output to tint-high CRI. - I like the old AUX lights, plus they give a rough voltage estimate. The option for Low-High-flashing-Off should be available. - The driver will probably be FET+7. - My main concern is sustained output and the efficiency of the cooling fins design.

I remember early-on people were not understanding the cooling fins design and we’re even wondering if they were designed for a fandle or something. Adding the drilled holes was a definite upgrade. It allows more air inside to cool the fins and ultimately gets heat away from the center. If the holes weren’t there, air wouldn’t reach the lights core as easily and heat wouldn’t have as quick an exit. This is exactly the same design the Nightwatch Stalker used for their SBT90 thrower and that thing has great heat dispersion.

I forgot about this concern people were sharing until I saw you mention it again. I was def happy to see them add the holes, will definitely help air flow and cooling. I’m really excited for this light.m, I just hope they don’t go crazy on the price.

Me, page 2, 3 and 4
I’ve Nightwatch Stalker SBT 90.2 , its real cool fine with drilled hole, assisst cooling with basic physic, reduce air flow resitance inside the cooling fin.
The Astrolux light have, visibly, closed section, no coolling fine near “honeycomb”, 3 section of 5 cells seem be not connected to each other.
-
For machining use to create this, it’s for me better make only cooling fine.
This design is, for me, only for brainf**k rewiewer on her stable and static test, not for customer on night…
-
I exclude cooling with fan, too variable, and we’ll always find someone to say it’s normal because it’s powerful and it heats up Sad I say only for static test with no fan which could give good results unfortunately that will not reproduce it outside the test in normal use, it could be much worse and give an equivalent result to a light flat with no cooling fine except that this will not be seen in the tests, on the contrary, hence the brainf**k the results will be false, it is up to us not to believe in the miracle of a model that breach physical rules.
-
-
But I always remain open if someone can explain to me how a closed design conducive to increase the resistance of the airflow can have a higher efficiency for us on disturbed and dynamic area.
-
-
-

Self quote:
“100+ years of evolution for engine cooldown by air.
One basic physical principle, the air must meet the least possible resistance on the greatest possible contact surface.
So heat sink “classical”, no other way.”

I see, Thank you. It appears I misunderstood what you were saying the problem was.

I know you are doing your best to relay what you mean, I was honestly just not understanding for some reason. But looking back, you were clear enough at some points where I definitely should have picked up on what you meant, so my apologies. And thank you for responding and re-explaining the issue again for me. I finally understand exactly what you’ve been saying all along (I think).

I understood you were saying you didn’t like the effect the holes would provide. But I missed the part about the why you didn’t like it, but now I completely agree with you. I had to look at my Stalker to see and confirm what you meant, but I saw it instantly as soon as I picked it up.

So the issue isn’t that they used holes, the holes on their own help. The issue is that they enclosed the fins into 3 separate columns of 5 fins, or cells as you called them. And now that totally makes perfect sense. You were saying that they took a perfectly proven design where air can flow easy, and then restricted it. And what you mean is that the holes are probably not enough to make up for the lack of airflow that they have created with this design. I think you are likely right about that too.

It looks like they did know that this design was not the best for airflow, exactly for the reasons you said. That’s also likely the exact reason why they decided to try and compensate for this “bad” design by adding the holes.

So basically, they decided that they liked this design far too much. They figured that if they put the usual free-flowing fins, this light would lose the futuristic look that it has. So they made a calculated compromise to keep it.

I honestly am really loving this design, and I agree with them that they should just leave it as it to preserve the design because that’s part of what makes it look so cool.

Now, I think a buck driver PLUS the drilled holes would have been a FAR better compromise to go along with this design. I don’t know what kind of driver it has yet, but I hope it’s some thing good. Unless this thing gets too expensive, I’m still pretty excited since it’s such a great looking light and will probably still be fun.

But again, I thank you for sticking with it and helping me understand. I 100 percent see your point now and couldn’t agree more, it makes perfect sense.

torchfanatic
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/04/2012 - 17:06
Posts: 115
Location: London

Interested

I like torches Smile

Vodak-Yarout
Vodak-Yarout's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2021 - 11:49
Posts: 75
Location: France
Smile happy you understand

Explain different for fun.

We need to interest fluid mechanics.
Air is a fluid as a liquid has the difference that it is compressible.
-

The hole on open design fin can improve airflow because they offer “different” way for airflow to escape, other way to escape = less pressure inside fine = better circulation = better exchange = heat exchanging = better performance.
-

Close hole = more pressure inside fine, a fluid take always lesser resistance way (example the meanders of a river) in this case the airflow don’t make meanders but slide around the light.
So close hole don’t stop all airflow it’s not open/ close circuit Big Smile but the over pressure creaet by close hole make a resistance and X % off the air flow was reduce= less performance.
-

In the case of Astrolux you can see:

In accordance with fluid mechanics you can easily see the enter is very very very more massiv compare to the exit and therefore to exit through this small hole compared to the large entrance it will be necessary to exert pressure.
Fluid take the more easy way, for once, he’s really just gonna slide around the light :D.
Air flow can’t get out the fine, to much pressur needed for get out by hole so air enter in fine and not able to get out meets a resistance = up pressure = air flow outside don’t enter inside fine and slide around the fine= no or very bad air flow = very low performance.
-

compartmentalized makes no sense, only make more and more resistance, juste fine with hole ok but the 3 compartiment is just no sens
No sens expect if you try get physical effect explain before the chimney effect.
But this effect only work in other air flow.

Only in static environement, from the moment you move a minimum or just with a bit of air, you go to this airflow pattern

So Tired
But guy in test on room can get that pattern

-
-
-
An adage says that one must beware of engineers who are able to have brilliant ideas for bad purposes.
-

A light must not be aesthetic in first case it is subjected to heat which must be evacuated in accordance with the mechanics.
For aestetic reason they do this horror, I say machining to creat this compartiment is probably high and expensive (more only simple fine and for disater efficiency) and for hide the disaster they make that only for pass the test…
-
-
Have can make the connection with the complexity of the current engine that was designed only for the sole purpose of passing a test and not to be efficient in real condition.
Probably customer can think they have good heat exchange product, for me no for few reason and the first this light is a design light and not efficiency light.
My connection to the 100 year of engin air cooled is for illustrate, no other option, more you complicate the design more you complicate the air flow système more you gain performe in close pattern but you less performance and the other and major pattern.
-

So for this light good perform on static air flow bad on dynamic, and for me we use light in majority on dynamic environnement.
-
-
-
-
I understand you like design, I like to beautiful light, but if you want efficiency not Thousand design available Sad
It’s just my point of wiew (and I don’t have material to confirm clearly that :p) for me a light is a tool above all.
I don’t tell this light is bad, I say they can be so better if they to thermal design and not beautiful design.
But if I read tests that have been measured on a static basis who claim this light have exeptional perform and if they drop quickly and finish quickly at ridicoulus low output it’s only because she is powerfull and generate massive heat.
I would be opposed to
No light of this tall can sustain 15.000 lumens it’s not my word, I just wan’t explain this light can be better and probably do lesser than the MF01S even more if have compared to the care to bring to the design to the detriment of the efficiency as a proportion of costs.
And in this case I can’t talk about evolution, except tariff Silly
XXX $ (three number for the cost on first post..) compare to the XX of MF01S for low efficiency… After if the people buy, hope they are enjoy with it and i’m enjoy for them Smile
-
-
-
Edit:
Chimney effect is my little personal pleasure in the hope that it did not only do this for design or simply pile up principles that are not applicable to this design Blushing

cclight
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 12/17/2016 - 15:53
Posts: 112
Location: Brazil

What’s the size of it??? Did I miss it? It’s one of the most important parameters for me…

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 78

129.6mm length x 72mm head diameter, 53,8mm battery cap diameter.
446gr weight (without batteries).

Pages