de-domed SST-90

Got an Electrolumens ST90 the emmiter has been de-domed, it has tons of light coming out, but the throw in my eyes has been hindered ?
The spot is not as Sharp as I want …. Now I’m looking for a replacement led …… Any suggestions ?

Sounds like the led is not focused well. If the light is not focusable, take bazel off & play with reflector in & out,
if ideal beam can be achieved, then you can mod it based altering led locations in/out reflector.

There no other led can take 9Amp, switching led back to SST-90 with dome will only reduce the throw.

Or you could replace it with the De-Domed version of the sst-90 as that may have better focus then the one you dedomed.

The only thing I can think of is that the LED is out of focus.

You could get the SBT-90. It’s a SST-90 without the dome from Luminus themselves, so you won’t have to worry about breaking the LED or leaving some gunk on it by de-doming it.

If there is space, maybe even look at the CBT-90, it’s a SBT-90 except the die is on a solid copper heat spreader (and is rated to 13.5A)

The beam isn’t focusable…. And the reflector is as tight as I will go….

Took a 2mm washer put around led and screwed in reflector…. I did get sharper… This is 10 feet against the roof, I’m on the floor……. Thanks………

Try smaller emitter (SST50 maybe?)

Could it be that when you de-domed it the “source” of the light is not effectively on the surface of the die. When it was domed, the effective “source” of the light is on the surface of the dome, therefore it would now be further back in the reflector and out of focus.

Kept playing and grinding and fitting and bada bin bada bum …. Here is a pick…. Beam is pencil thin……
!! And good flood ……

Now you’ve got an incredible thrower! I like it!

Thanks to all the flashaholics on BLF…… Thanks for all your tips and support. !!!

I don’t understand this shot manny. Are you pointing it at the sun? or does it have such ridiculous throw that cloud bounces look like ceiling bounces?

Yea that picture can’t be what your seeing in person unless that is the moon your pointing at. And I kind of doubt that as close as it looks. Show us a picture of the beam on an object at a couple hundred yards or so if you can. Put your camera on manual if you have it and select about a 1.5 sec shutter at longer yardages of say 200 to 400yds. 1 sec shutter works for closer yardages of say 60 to 100yds. But that’s going off of my camera and what works with my Fuji.

its bouncing off the sky !!

ST90 on Left …. SkyRay King on Right …. Both on High power…!!

Shot this tonight…. According to Google a mere 205 yards…. I think I got the led centered and at the correct setting in the reflector …….
! !