Ultrafire C8 vs Trustfire X8

I have an Ultrafire C8 and its a nice light but I wanted something with a bit more throw and lumens but thats also a budget light. I was looking at the Trustfire X8, my question is, do you think even with the 3x 18650 model I will be getting more brightness out of that light over the C8?

Also in about the same price range is the Trustfire 3T6 which obviously has more lumens but I’m looking for more throw then just pure flood, do you think thats a better option then the other 2 for brightness + throw?

Thanks for all recommendations!

Forgot to mention the Ultrafire C8 I have is the XML T6 LED model that has a supposed rating of 1300 lumens.

Have a look at the HD2010 or STL-V2 if you want budget throw.
The HD2010 is pretty good.

Reflector diameter determines throw, and more LEDs usually equals more flood.

Welcome to BLF, smodtactical.

Oh yeah, Welcome smodtactical !
Forgot my manners for a moment.

We just tested my brother’s Ultrafire C8 with the XML U2 emitter tonight at about .25 lux at 400yds. His meter only goes down to tenths of a lux but it was flickering back and forth between .2 and .3 so it should be right about in the middle. He got this from lightmalls for $17.95. It’s hard to beat at that price. The UF HD 2010 will probably out throw it but costs a little more.

I own the same C8 as you with the XML T6 rated at 1300Lm and it registered a .3 at 300yds. It might make 350 if I am lucky. The U2 is about 130 lumens stronger and will out throw it by about 50 yds. And welcome to BLF!

Make yourself at home, smodtactical!

If you want throw I think the X8 throws farther than the C8.
Beamshot here.

I have the X8 and it is quite impressive. It throws well.

Hi, Smod.

There is almost no competition at all between a Trustfire (or Fandyfire) X8 and a mere C8. The X8 puts out a legit 1,000 lumens out the front (right at start-up, anyway). I have seen the tests. A general C8 XM-L will give around 650 to 750 OTF, usually not more.

I have the Fandyfire version of the X8 and it throws very well, but is just so bright that it about keeps pace with my 1,365 lumen Stanley Halogen spotlight. Its brighter than a super-driven KE-5 Keygos or any other light I have that is not a triple XM-L or Thrunite TN31 with U2 and driven at 12+ volts. Brighter even than the HD2010, possibly, but not as throwy.

I feel you are greatly under estimating the newer C8’s. My U2 version measured 871 lumens otf after 30 seconds, did 34,100 lux at 1 meter, and we did a real life throw this weekend of 400 yards. Also measures about 3.5amps at the tailcap with a good battery. That’s VERY impressive for a 45mm head, single 18650 light that cost $17.

For the price the C8 really is a great light.

Not underestimating, but I have handled a few DX-type C8-style throw-arounds and none of them get past 750ish fresh. I’m not complaining, just saying the X8 has such a huge pill that you can run it dry and it stays nearly the same in output. And 675 or so OTF lumens is very nice anyway, but most of the C8s I have won’t fair very well against brand-name champions like the Olight M31 SST-50 (verified 800 lumens in test after test), which have their numbers accurate.

But you’re right; I was referring to T6’s. I’ve not played around with a U2 C8. Which one and where did you buy it? Link please. I’d love to get my hands on one!

We got the C8 U2 from lightmalls. Rdrfronty recommended .

Yeah, X8 should have brighter spill (because of smaller radius of the spill). Beamshot anyway? :bigsmile:

Yes like Tom said, Lightmalls. And I’ve mentioned it in a few other threads - but use only good quality 18650’s if you want to get the full 3.5 amps and therefore full lumens out of these fairly high output single 18650 lights.

Thanks. And I always use good cells these days.

But you know what? I have a V3 with U2 XM-L. I’d image throw and performance would be close to the same, or close enough. Since I am tired of that bodystyle, I may wait to get it in another form-factor.

Just orderd the U2 C8 from Lightmalls. I have the older KD C8 and I’m curious to see if the difference is noticable.

Oh my god thank you all for the great responses and welcomes to the forum! I’m sorry I missed it all, I thought the forum would email me when there was a reply but it did not. My fault.

@ Raccoon ya haha I got my name from the mod but its also based on my other internet name I had before which was just smood.

Alright so it seems like the consensus is X8 is better but C8 is still nice. I’m surprised the C8 has 700+ lumens OTF and 400 yard throw wow. My C8 is nice but certainly doesn’t seem that nice. It also illuminates ok out to maybe 100 yards but beyond that its not that great.

What I’m thinking of now is paying $7 more for the Skyray STL-V2 at ali express.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1PC-Skyray-STL-V2-Tactical-Flashlight-3-5-Mode-1000-Lumen-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED/604837_551512869.html

What do you guys think?