What is your most expensive light ?

What is your most expensive light ?

How much did you pay for it ?

What do you like about it...or dislike /and how do you rate it compared to your favorite lights ?

Trustfire X6, it's a great light and no other light I have can compare to it. Sadly, the thermal protection kicks in after a few minutes so you can't run it on high non stop. I paid around 110 total and it is worth that but I cannot see myself getting a more expensive light any time soon. However I am drooling over the V10A. :D

What's yours?

Skyray King in black and worth every penny

neutral thrunite tn30…it’s a great light and I would buy it again…it really does it all in a small-ish package…

only con was that I had to remove the coating on the battery carrier to get rid of the slight flicker on turbo but it was an easy fix…

Cool thread idear.

The light I payed the most for as-is: UltraFire HD2010 from TMart = $33.

The light I have spent the most on as built: SolarForce L2T built myself from separate parts ordered + MF UF 3-mode XM-L = $41.

Yeah, I don’t have a huge collection just yet - maybe a dozen torches so far. But I have certainly kept it in the extreme budget realm.

Considering all the flashlights I used to buy at the store for $30 - $100, and the fact that the “budget” lights I’ve either bought or built FAR FAR out-perform them, I am really happy with my Jaffo L2T. Fit/finish is amazing at any price, and I ended up with a 2/3 HAIII L2T because of the head and tail cap I chose. And that UF 3-mode drop-in is nothing to sneeze at for the price. Did the same thing to build my Jaffo L2M, which cost me a tad less. :smiley:

That being said, the shear power and performance of the HD2010 for a little over $30 is astonishing. Likewise, my TF Mini-01 is probably the most impressive light I, or any of my friends have in their pockets at any given time. Near 550 lumens from a tiny SS torch smaller than my thumb? Bad ass. Oh yeah - and I got that for $14 shipped. :slight_smile:

ZL SC600: a really solid light with a nice even beam, more of a wall of light than a thrower.

The UI of ZL is really great too.

My favorite light together with my ZL H600 headlamp, and actually my two most expensive lights…

Dislikes: the crappy clip, why couldn´t they just have copied the one of the SC60… if I had the tools I´d mod the light myself…

Actually, I´d love to have a XM-L in my SC60, the size is perfect for an edc.

Waiting for a Sunwayman C20C, about the same size as the SC600 and also with a side-switch, but it also have momentary-on!

Seems to actually have even better Ui than ZL, time will tell…

If so, then:

• L2P body
  • A001 head
  • Solarforce clip
  • Some sort of hi-amp Solarforce clicky (forgot the model)
  • Kerberos quad drop-in (in NW of course)

Otherwise, it’s either a Thrunite Catapult v1 or an Eagletac M3C4.

+1

Surefire C2-HA, cryos cooling head, McClicky hard press, Oveready triple xp-e, UCL, Plain black Xeno bezel.

Most expensive were the ZLH51 and H51f. My favorite is the H51f due to the convenience of the headlamp format and the UI.

Mine is a Nitecore Sr3

I paid 50$ for it {High retail was like 125~150$?}and didn't originally like it all that much . It has such a big SS bezel it stays very nicely face-planted on the nightstand It runs on cr123A/16340 RCR . 3 lumens low 200 high nice tint forward clicky and a rotary ring to vary output . Built like a tank , tuff ,sexy and does a good job. A nice light that has grown on me over time .

gets a

*boaz recommended

Clearly purchased prior to reading BLF. Though, if it had XML and driven strong, it would be a great light. I like the focusing system. Okay to laugh :smiley:

How well does the light throw? I love the looks of that light myself. :D

Throws surprisingly well with NIMH, but gets hot quick. Great focusing system, way over priced.

Fenix TK70

I paid $172.50 I believe it was and that counted the shipping from Shane.

It’s probably my favorite light.

4” 35w HID that’s very similar to http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-l35.html for ~$100 on ebay. Pretty nice to use, and IMO the best form factor for that type of light (the alum hid’s are kind of unweildy), but I don’t use throwers much so it’s kind of a showpiece.

An incandescent Surefire E2D. $109 if I remember correctly. I seem to recall my wife and sons giving it to me for Christmas 10 or so years ago. Aside from the pocket clip being upside down (IMHO), the form factor is darn near perfect. Function wise, however, is is outdated and almost never used any more. Someday, I would like to put an LED in there and get rid of/mod the clip. Until that day, the Solarforce will still be my goto light.

SF L2P ($20)+UF P60 drop-in from MF ($16)=$36 (plus shipping… 2 bucks maybe?)
Well, it’s P60 :smiley: Good host, good drop-in (CW and noticeable PWM though, but it’s L-M-H without disco :stuck_out_tongue: )
There are better lights for that price (similar size and style, of course. I wouldn’t compare it with HD2010 :bigsmile: )

……

Speaking only of flashlights, my spendiest one would have to be my 6xXML Mag build. If memory serves, parts alone were over $220....but man, what a light! It's my vehicle light, and doesn't get used as often as it should, but I do take it out to play/show off every now and then. (3.3a to each xml = BMF!)

My most expensive is the SWM v10r-ti with custom tritium switch,tipped the scales at $210.It's not something I usually do but I wanted the ultimate edc and this was it.The v10r is capable of using AA,rcr123 andcr123,very versatile and the magnet control ring is awesome,no flashy crap either.I may mod this to xp-g2 soon,not an easy task but I like a challenge.