Review: XENO F7 v6 XM-L T6

Hi guys i have the XENO F7 v6 XM-L from about 5 month now and i’am 100% satisfy with it! So i decided to make a little review.
(sorry for the bad quality of the photos and for my grammar…)
Reviewer’s Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Pro

• small and portable body
  • nice anodizing and machining
  • amazing smooth reflector
  • perfectly focused bright central beam
  • very solid, I dropped out of hand at least 160cm and not even a scratch!
  • Ultra clear mineral glass lens with anti-reflection coatings on both sides.
  • no flickering or noise even at low
  • battery inverted and over discharged protection
  • 5 meters dunk resistent tested by me (10 meters spec.)
  • a lot of spare parts
  • momentary on

Cons

• After 5mins on hig is a bit ’hot
  • only 3 different mods without memory low-mid-high

SPECIFICATIONS
Emitter:
XM-L 1B T6,Color Temperature 5000~8300K,CoolWhite,MaxOutput420lms OR (my version)

Output(OTF)& Burning Time:
3-stage variable output
High(1500mA/OTF420lms/1.5hrs)
Low(400mA/OTF142lms/6hrs)
Ultra Low(20mA/OTF49lms/100hrs)
Tested by me: -high 1,2hrs -low 5,3hrs -ultra low (non tested)
with 2 cr123 by kinetic lithium photo battery 3v

Size e weight:
Size: length 136.5mm, Ø35mm(bezel);body25.4mm(1inch)
Net Weight: 122g,battery not included
Size:L162 W56 H63.5mm
With battery Weight: 6.49 oz 184g x2 cr123

Design / Build Quality:★★★★★
The machining are just perfect without any imperfection, the anodizing are smooth, a little glossy black. The square anodized threads are easy to tighten. At the tail cap the F7 have two O-ring for a perfect water sealing. Insaide the spring contact on both side, head and tail, are electro gold plating. The whole body is anti-roll with rubber for the three fingers start (cigar like). The reflector are just perfect, so smooth! You can barely see the signs of machining with a magnifying glass. For the sealing of the lens ( with anti-reflection coatings) there is a o’ring that glows in the dark. Tail stand. The amount of details are just unbilivable in a so small a flashlight.

Body grip texture.

Square threads, double O-ring and rubber for the three fingers start (cigar like)

Electro gold plating, tail and head springs.

A lot of spare parts.

Glows in the dark O-ring.

Battery Life:★★★★☆
I have tested only two mode low and high: high 1,2hrs/low 5,3hrs slightly below the factory
records. For one Xm-l T6 led at around 390 real lumens 1,2 hrs on high with two cr123 li-ion high quality battery is right… But with the modern 2012 driver maybe you can do better maybe… but is ok for the price 49,99. You can use two cr123 or one 18650 rechargeable, protected or un-protected.

Light Output:★★★★☆

The light output is ok, not great, real 390lumens,for the cool withe version, but is offset by a perfectly focused beam and a long trowing (around 200meters tested by me) with a good amount of spill.

High Xeno F7 vs TrustFire tr3 t6 (3meters distance)

Xeno F7 390 lumens

Tr3 T6

MID

Xeno F7 135 lumens

Tr3 T6

Low

Xeno F7 45 lumens

Tr3 T6

Color comparison: Xeno F7 left Tr3 T6 right

Summary:★★★★★

For the price i think is on top! This flashlight have technical solutions that only the most expensive can afford. Strong, well-made, high-quality materials, high-tech components. THE TOP.

Grazie! i hope you enjoyed :slight_smile:

Very nice review, MaoMauro. Thanks for posting!

Nice review, very well done :slight_smile:

Output is a little lacking but the build and look is good. Thanks for the review, enjoyed!

And what do I find at the coordinates printed on the flashlight?
When I enter them in google maps it shows me a snow covered mountain in China.

I have one as well and am very happy with it, its plenty bright and build quality is excellent for the price

Thanks very much! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.