Budget knives dealers all in one

Just hold your 908 under a running tap for a minute: it will be smooth again!

still waiting for my knives (like the srm 939) from discover Bargain. Do you have any experiences with DB?

btw. Did you see the new Enlan l02-B ? Have to agree with you the micarta is prettier. (prob. will buy it though)

I was in Scandinavia this winter the cheapest Mora's costed only $3-$4 .

I own a Glock knife for about 15 years. It is almost unbreakable but it is more a bayonet than a knife .VERY thick, soft steel (in the 50 rockwell I have read) impossible to get sharp , will rust; only for very rough tasks. nice sheath and handle though

Already tried the tap and several other things... no luck. I also ordered the SRM 939 at DB and I am on day 39 after my purchase, but the exduct orders have also taken like forever to arrive here... that is a steep price on that EL02-B...

Canada's knife laws in a nutshell:

No knives that can be opened by centrifugal force (gravity/flick knives, also includes balisongs or butterfly knives)

No automatic/switchblades

No knives hidden in items under 30 centimetres.

No push daggers.

Everything else is fair game. There are no blade length requirements, no limits on visible/concealed carry, no limits on locking, one-handed opening, or assisted knives. I could walk around downtown Vancouver with a katana strapped to my back if I wanted to, as long as I wasn't threatening anyone with it (at which point it becomes an offensive weapon).

Canadas knife laws are ok by me! On a side note, Canadas laser pointer laws are also ok by me :) Hehe.

What do they say? Lightsabers are mandatory for every citizen? ;-)

If the Bryan posting on Exduct is here: This is NOT how you'll get a fair price

If only this shop got rid of their express-air-mail policy, which comes down to ridiculously high shipping cost. I contacted them about offering a standard shipping option like China/HK Post. They also have that Ganzo MT G301, that jekostas hates so much. SCNR ;-)

Well you guys have done it to me again - I ordered a Mora Classic #1 yesterday for the princely sum of $11.85 shipped. Might be the beginning of a Mora fixation if I like this knife.

Carbon steel or stainless?

Carbon - figured any extra performance was worth the effort to maintain it. I imagine using it to feather some kindling, at least.

I dunno if hate is really the right word, I just think for the money there are so much better options out there.

I was just joking around a bit. Actually I like to be warned, if I am going to make a bad purchase under wrong presumptions.

Keep up the good work jekostas and don't take me too seriously... cause I don't do that either.

No kidding, I like their site. Thanks for pointing it out. $21.49 shipping for one 763....

Where did you buy it from?

Got it from http://www.antigoutdoors.com - they had the cheapest price I could find for a #1 ($9.95 plus $1.90 to ship in US). They had a few other models that were also competively priced.

This shop has a good reputation in the US, for scandi blades. Don't know about the prices, but sure does have a lot to choose from:

http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html

Thanks for that link, great selection and resource. Their shipping looks very reasonable too, especially on multiple items.

I just received a Land 6261 from Manafont and Ganzo 704 from Discoverybargain both today. The 704 was ordered Feb 28 & shipped Mar 3 while the 6261 was ordered Mar 2 & shipped Mar 7. The 704 came with the nylon sheath, and both came in cardboard boxes. The 704's box in particular was made of thick cardboard and very sturdy, similar to the boxes CRKT knives come in. The 6261's box was thinner and laminated with a design, more like the Benchmade and Spyderco boxes.

The packet from Discoverybargain had a sticker with a Singapore return address pasted over the return address of the printed label. I thought that was unusual so I used the 704 to peel the sticker off (it's really sharp; more on that later). Undernearth was Discoverybargain's Hong Kong return address, pretty much as expected.

The 704 is big and heavy. It's thick everywhere, especially the blade stock, but what surprised me were the liners; they're thicker than some blades are and non-skeletonized. This is less an EDC knife and more a folding survival knife. My sample has a pivot that's far too stiff, and the screw is secured with thread lock. I'll need to crack that loose to adjust it. To say the blade came sharp enough to shave with would be an understatement. It push-cut right through paper under its own weight without leaving any sign of tearing, and sliced pieces off cardboard like most sharp knives slice pieces off a sheet of paper.

The 6261 is much smaller and lighter, with wood laminate scales. IMO this is a beautiful knife and would make a nice gentleman's folder. It's light enough that you can wear it and forget about it. Also the pivot on this one was pretty much perfect, so it deploys smoothly. The blade however, was significantly duller than the 704. It would slice paper well enough, but left a bit of a jagged edge along the cut. A closer inspection of the edge bevel revelealed somewhat low-grit grind marks (which suggests a sharpened but unfinished edge), so I polished up the edge on a leather strop and immediately saw a marked improvement. I'll probably start carrying this one and see how I like it.

just bought it here for $21,85 incl shipping

Also glad that some of the DB orders in this thread arrived..

@ frils

I am glad you like the G704 ; It is a beast!

so, how do you guys sharpen your knives.

i only have a 710 & 733. could not afford a real sharpener so i'm using a diy sharpmaker made with a carborundum whetstone i had and a piece of wood.

even tho i don't normally flick the knife open, i find the 733 easier and more fool-proof to flick open because the tab has jimping so my fore finger never slips off it.