Budget knives dealers all in one

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Very nice!

That Navy on the bottom is a good one - I've put a couple of those through hell and back and they've stood up very well. Copy of a famous Spyderco Tim Wegner design.

Enlan + ITP a3 = winning combination!

What postal service does Exduct use to the USA? I have tried putting the tracking# they gave me into USPS, China Post and HK post. Nothing has worked yet. It might just be too recent.

It can take 3-8 days to make its way into the tracking system. After a week it's time to squawk at them.

Exduct are on the Chinese mainland. They sent their packages to Hong Kong for dispatch which is whiy you do not get a tracking number until several days after you item has been shipped.

Now that you've had a chance to get acquainted with them, has any preference emerged? They look like they would handle very differently.

They do.

The 02 is heavier than the 615. Has a thicker blade and a more functional blade style.

The handling of the 02, even though the "anatomicaly shaped" handle, is unconfortable. Maibe it's suited for bigger hands than mine.

I prefer the grip and handling of the 615.

The blades are diferent also. The metal is suposed to be the same, but the 615's steel is kind of soft, and does not hold the razor edge that I put on both knives for long. 12 newspaper cuts, and you begin to feel the edge loosing it's sharpness(10kgrit stone+Cromium oxide strop) It scratches easily. On the other hand, the 02 seems to have a harder steel. It does not shave, but still push cuts paper. I believe if I strop it, it would return to popping hairs.

(10k is kind of overkill, but I like it...)

I have used the knives for virtually the same things. Opening letters, cutting boxes, food prep on a wooden board, using them as parers, pruning.

Between the 2, I prefer the 615 for EDC. By saying this, I am not despising the 02! I like them both. Just feel more confortable with the 615.

Now I got to go to the stones and sharpen the 615...

Thanks for the follow-up. Being a Wegner design, I kinda figured the ergonomics with the K615 would probably be better. I think this is a copy of the Blade-Tech Pro-Hunter model, and some even come with B-T markings. Pity that the steel is rather soft. But they both seem like good candidates in the "really big" knife category.

I have a SRM 909 on the way, which should satisfy my "sorta big" large-edc knife needs. I can see the very large folders being preferred for things like food prep.

Does anyone have experience with that SanRenMu 736? The design is clever with a G10 inlay and it seems to have a flat grind. Would make a nice slim edc knife weighing only 1.95oz / 54g...

Delete, think I answered my own question after a second look at the blade (doesn't look chisel ground).

Two more arrived today. These SanRenMu came from Manafont. A 701(didn't take pictures, because everybody knows it) and a 735.(B4-735) Was eyeballing this one, because I didn't have a small flipper, and sold my 701(20€) so...

It's a little flipper, with a tip-down carry clip. The clip can't be moved to other places, only to take it off. It does have dual thumb studs, but with the clip on, a left hander will have some trouble opening it. I like it's design, but I really loathe that corny butterfly on the handle. Can't have it all...

Fit and finish, same story as others SRM. Quite good!

One thing that I noticed when taking the pictures, was that my EL01 had a lot of rust spots! OMFG! I did oil it before storage! Well, it seems that I have to give it some TLC tomorrow...

B4-735 slideshow with other flippers and a ITPA3.

Thanks for the review of the 735. I keep going back and checking this one out for the reverse tanto blade. The tip down carry has kept me from ordering it so far..

Nice looking knife. I never noticeded it before. Added to the list...

Discovery Bargain now have the EL-02A , EL-02B , EL-01A and EL-01B ... still waiting for my SRM 939 (day 55).

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. So far, I am impressed with this vendor, so far.

Edit: Not to mention I paid ~20 for my micarta EL-02 and these are under 14.

No problem, I went ahead on that SanRenMu 736... very soon I will have all bee/enlan/srm with flat grinds, I fear. ;-)

BTW crackedblade has a nice video on axis lock blades... 763, 962, EL-02A

Just ordered 3 more 763s , @ $9.10 apiece from Discoverybargain

Everyone I show these knives to wants one .

I'm tempted to order one of those G10 EL-02's to go with the micarta one I just got. Won't carry either vary much, but they are so darn cheap...

The G10 vs doesn't seem to be recessed for the Axis lock like the micarta vs. I wonder if it would snag in the pocket with the more protruding design.