Would you be interested in some beamshots from a mine?

We’ve found an entrance to an old mine near Kosice where I live –1500m of old tunnels, two big man made caves and it should be connected to a much bigger system of tunnels.
It isn’t 100% safe but I can take some beamshots from for example 100m, if there’s some interest :slight_smile:
Don’t expect any fancy lights or even powerful throwers, but I’ll try my best to gather any flashaholic nearby…
Here are some photos of the mine:

Wow, that looks fun!

Anybody reading this post MUST click on the link, that’s were all the good pics are. 67 of them

Very Cool!

Wow, I am really jealous of you! I love caving but there aren't any near me. :(

that is awesome. find anything cool down there besides the bones and old lights?

edit: that first pic, is that the staging going down?

It looks like a cool place.
Do you have any headlights to test down there?

exciting ...

Very nice pics. I wish there are similar caves close to where I stay.

That’s awesome!!! Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks. Amazing pictures and I love your interpretation of safe.

You lucky bugger! I wish I had something like that near me.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a lot of fun.

I think every flashaholic loves unique pictures taken with flashlights

I know I try to find as many as I can :bigsmile:

http://www.longexposure.net/

three pit cars, some (empty) bags of danubit which is a mine explosive, two huge “halls” and most exciting were three shafts maybe 30m deep without the staging -maybe they’ll lead us to a more complex system of tunnels
that staging was our way in, it’s 50m from the surface straight down on rusty ladders :slight_smile: in the pic we were looking up and looking forward to getting some rust in our faces :smiley:

my interpretation of safe is very loose, you can check video from a cave we explored few weeks ago VIDEO HERE >) WARNING: not for claustrophobic guys!

I have zebralight h600w, friend has ultrafire h6 and maybe we can gather some more of them…

anyway thank you all guys for the compliments!

EDIT: link to the video from cave (sadly 150km from me) repaired :slight_smile:

wow longexposure.net great stuff, both the photography and the storytelling. thanks!

Some awesome pics! Thanks!

Very cool! Any idea how old this mine is or what mineral was being mined?

-Garry

if I’m not mistaken, it’s from ~1950 and they mined magnesite until late 90’s
it was transfered on cable-cars and then on the train to the US Steel :slight_smile:

sadly we won’t be comming back there…
my friend collapsed after climbing down the stairs because of medical condition and couldn’t move
he didn’t fall, but his back was hurting
he said that he just needs to relax and within an hour it would go away -it didn’t
so i climbed the stairs and called a few climbing and caving friends
we talked about how to get him out, but there was no safe way without fixing his back so it wouldn’t move during the transport
after that i called the 112 and waited for the rescue
there was another friend with him down there so i switched with him
we gave him every jacket and shirt we got
after a loong wait the fire fighters got him out :slight_smile:
so it looks like they will be guarding the mine better and we will be more careful