NOW 70% OFF COUPON!! DIY TorchLite 2x26650 XM-L, SST-90, SST-50 etc Host!

More of these shipped out, thanks! :slight_smile:

Yep, I got shipping confirmation and a functional tracking number this morning. Awesome. 8)

I’ll probably put it together as a 3a xm-l for now, then swap in the mt-g2 later on. As I mentioned in another thread, I’m building up a few lights with my step son so I need to keep up the pretense. :bigsmile:

Has anyone ordered the hot rod buck/boost driver?

I want to see if someone with much higher modding skills go through it first.

And post pictures of course.

Also, what say everyone to a group buy of the MT-G2?

They are gouging on shipping, but if 10 or so of us can get together I’m sure regular mail can handle a LED just fine.

I ordered this

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/boostbuck-318v-triple-xml-circuit-board-p-542.html

not sure it will feed the right voltage, but if not, I’ll use in a different light w/ single xm-l

I’m mentioned a group buy a couple times and I think you’re the only other person that has mentioned an interest. I’m going to buy several mt-g2 today, i’ll add an extra for you and let you know when it gets arrives.

which one are you buying? I’d be interested in probably two of them

let me know I’m definitely in!

same one match bought

Specific Bin is MTGBEZ-00-0000-0B00P050H 5000k Cool White, 6V

Yeah definitely add one in for me and PM me let me know how much

Let me know how much one would be, although I might be better ordering some direct to England.

I’m simply going to divide the cost of shipping by the number that I order. So, something like (cost of emitter + $13/5 + cost to ship to you from NY)

I’ll go for a group buy too, count me in.

Ok, I just checked, shipping to me is $14, I’ll wait, order a few xp-g2 nw, xm-l nw and I’m going to order both a cool white and warm white mt-g2, I’ve already made a few orders for this month so as I say, I’ll build mine xm-l to start with and hot rod it later on in the year. :bigsmile:

ordered 3 hosts, 7 x mtg2 and 3.5A driver

Please keep us up to date on the results. I have the host in hand but am waiting to pull the trigger on a driver and emitter. Thanks!

will do - 5A driver, 3.5A driver and emitters have shipped. now comes the overseas waiting game…

anyone else having a real bear trying to take the pill out?

Am i missing something? Mine only turns about a quarter turn and then gets stuck

Hi FM,

Yes, same here. The only way I was able to remove it was carefully wrap the body in a towel and then carefully clamp it into my vise. Then I wrapped another towel around the pill and used channel locks to carefully turn it out.

Don’t ask me how it’s going to go back in and at the proper depth to clear the reflector. I’ll deal with that after I get the permanent LED and driver mounted to the pill…LOL.

try some WD-40 or penetrating oil before unscrewing…

and thoroughly clean the threads (host and pill) before applying proper grease and reinstalling :slight_smile:

Richie, did you also have the same problem with the head?

These things must have been sitting for a while.

I’ll give it another shot.

The head wasn’t much of a problem at all. Due to all the very fine threads, it take a lot of turns to remove it. The threads for the head I did lube those after it was removed.

Yeah got the pill out. WD-40 to the rescue. Thanks guys.

The head its stuck too on mine. Cant WD-40 that though.

Keep trying!

Hope this isn’t the start of things to come!