Brighter, better and with new features..... Crelant 7G3- 7G6-V21A all XML-U3 type III ano

Just arrived and ready for sale
The NEW model Crelant lights

7G3 and 7G6 add a new feature to the side switch. Both Feature Hard ano type III
The tail switch is master on/off
single tap and get a medium mode
double tap and get strobe
double tap again and get S-O-S
Hold down and get infinite ramp with memory

7G3 is incredibly small and operates on single 18650 or 2x CR123, and has a really great beam with a very deep reflector for the size
7G6 is the follow on to the V9 series

V21A upgraded to XML-U3, same interface and no strobe or SOS. Now Black hard ano type III

Available HERE

7G3

7G6

The finish on my 7G6CS is spectacular. I believe 7G3CS too is a brilliant torch

I really like mine. The fit and finish is brilliant. The reflector is one of the best (shiny, even, flawless) I’ve seen :slight_smile:

Crelant has really upped the quality without raising prices to very high levels.

Banglabob & Kokopelli, do your lights get warm when left on high? I just received a 7G2CS and it doesn't warm up the least bit which tells me there is no heat sinking going on internally and the LED is cooking itself and, most likely, the driver as well.

Another question for you guys with the other side-switch variable brightness models... when you adjust the brightness level and are running it, when you hit the side switch does the light turn off or go into a moon mode? I saw a video review where the side switch put the light into either moon mode or your preset variable level. Mine just turns off. I find the light is simply a single mode light where you can set the light level...briefly. With no memory, as soon as you hit the tail switch it goes straight to high mode when you turn it back on. All they had to do was have it remember the custom level you choose with the variable side switch then have that side switch alternate between full bright and your custom level and it would be a nice UI. As it is now it's probably the worse UI I've ever used in a light and until I hear that my example is a fluke I will probably never get another Crelant until they can prove to me they have more than a great exterior. IMO, Crelant proves that beauty is truly only skin deep. :(

Ill take both in NW… maybe next year :frowning:

You set the brightness then use the side switch for memory.

Think of the tailcap as a “im done with the light”

the site has a pretty clear explination

TAIL SWITCH ACTS AS MASTER ON/OFF

SIDE SWITCH CONTROLS ALL FUNCTIONS.

SINGLE TAP SIDE SWITCH FOR INSTANT DIMMING

DOUBLE TAP FOR STROBE

TRIPLE TAP FOR S-O-S MODE.

PRESS AND HOLD SIDE SWITCH FOR INFINITE VARIABLE RAMPING.

USE SIDE SWITCH AS ON/OFF AND HAVE MEMORY MODE.

First off, the Crelants I have are generally a little under-driven going by the output. And so it’s no surprise they don’t get too warm. Strangely, my 7G2CS operates a little differently from my 7G3CS. The 7G2 only has one pre-determined (ramping) level using the side switch. Another press of the ss and it switches off. The 7G3 goes from the 10% set level to 50% with another press of the switch. Needs a second press to turn off. Finally, BOTH lights default to full output when switched off at the tail switch.

The problem with mine is it doesn’t do the instant dimming unless Crelant considers turning off completely as an instant dimming feature. Without memorizing the preset variable level the side switch is nothing but a redundant power switch and access to strobe. If I want dimmer I have to cycle through the ramping which is a PITA especially if you have to go through the whole cycle. It really is poor execution of a potentially good design.

"SINGLE TAP SIDE SWITCH FOR INSTANT DIMMING" or "USE SIDE SWITCH AS ON/OFF AND HAVE MEMORY MODE"

I can't do both with mine. Tapping the side switch either turns it off or turns on the preset level. No instant dimming. I will try again when I get home with as brief a tap as possible just in case I've not been brief enough but I'm sure I tried this already to no avail. :(

Wow I have both these coming. I hope they are more like the manufacturers description than owner’s experiences….

Under driven? A little but 2.5A on high and 658 lumens should get warm, period. Unless there is active cooling going on the temp should rise quite a bit, especially when tail standing indoors.

From Crelant's site: "High output at 2.5A: 658 lumen max"

This is what I expect from an interface with a side switch like this and I’d love the light if it had this. After watching a video review of the 7G2CS I expected at least two modes. Nothing more than a user defined single mode light. I’m glad the 7G3 is better designed than the 7G2.

Only the new 7G3, 7G6 and 7G5CS-U3 have an instant dimming.
The 7G5CS-U2, the V9CS &7G2CS do not have instant dimming.
Hence the wording “new Features” in this thread and that particular feature not being listed in any other thread.

Makes sense. The Youtube review I saw the guy must have had a defective light and didn’t even know it. LOL!

Another possibility is that some of the switches from the new series made it into the last few of the old series and no one was told.

I have seen a few “hybrid” lights that had “features” they should not have. SOMETIMES the factory will mix and match new parts into the last few remaining lights in an older series, just to use up emitters, bodies, reflectors etc.

That’s possible but in his I doubt it. His just had preset mode and moon with no “off” from the side switch. I’m guessing he had a bad driver with some kind of short in it.

As for heat management, shouldn't it get warm while tail standing on high? You should know better than anyone else what is normal behavior for a Crelant of this model. 2.5 amps is something that will definitely generate heat. I can feel a ton of heat coming out the front of the reflector on high but the head never warms up.

I have carried on of the7G2 models as my on belt duty light since it was introduced and mine does warm up. It does not get excessively hot but very warm to the touch.

The one I received from you doesn’t even get warm. If I can figure how to remove the nylon insulator disk without ruining it I will check that it has thermal paste.

My 7G2 gets warm too.

_

_

Actually speaking, I prefer the UI on my 7G2CS (go figure, huh?). I mean like when I set it to minimum (very low) and then get up in the middle of the night and turn it on, I’d rather it switches off with the 2nd press, instead of going to 50, which is way too bright in a totally dark room. With my 7G*3CS* I need to cycle thru the 50 setting. And if I press (twice) too quickly I activate the strobe :expressionless:
Btw, JMac, I think you got a defective one. I’d ask for a replacement.

Thank you everyone. These new models along with 7G5CS-U3 :Sp have been selling well.
I only have a few of the older 7G2 left

Forgot to mention that the V21A is now Black type III ano and also has the XML-U3