Maybe it was too good to be true...

Well, he shipped something…but this worries me. Maybe $125 for a Fenix TK-70 was too good to be true :~

Now we play the waiting game :weary:

Yeah, I guess I’m gonna have to wait and see whats in the package when it arrives a month or so from now lol

Hopefully its not a box of spiders and a letter saying “F U” in Chinese :wink:

No longer registered means he got booted. File a claim with Ebay saying he is no longer registered. I had 9 claims last year on flashlights, and got paid on Each one.

Do you think I should wait until the package arrives/doesn’t arrive or just do it now

A bit out of topic but dont understand why we can get back our money when those scammers have withdrawn the money and spend it

Do it now! The money might be in transit to his bank account as we speak put a freeze on it! Don’t delay

:bigsmile:

if the seller no longer registered… you can start filing claim right away… don’t wait…
the “package” that the seller sent you is just to buy time… they hoping that you’ll get the item after 45 days which by then you’re not covered by ebay anymore,
you have to contact ebay right away… and don’t worry…you’ll get it back
happened to me already… seller sent me worthless beads.

seems like there’s a lot happening lately regarding buying high end lights… is such in high demand and they knew it too.
the best way to spot a fake one is by looking at their feedback… if they haven’t sold any light in the past year… then they’re pretty much a scam seller.
usually they have feedback around 100-200 feedback…selling junk items that sell for pennies… ( ebay collect 3% of the posted ads)
so they build enough feedback and then last minute during the holiday… they started selling expensive lights ( they never carry before)
as they knew the shipping would be very slow…buying them time, most buyers didn’t suspect anything because they were supplied with shipping confirmation.

ebay usually hold the payment for 45 days…hence 45 days protection windows :wink:

I filed a claim. Hopefully I get my money back and maybe by some stroke of luck I still get the flashlight :slight_smile:

[quote=…]

[quote=DayLighter]

if the SELLER is no longer registered… you can start filing claim right away… don’t wait…
the “package” that the seller sent you is just to buy time… they hoping that you’ll get the item after 45 days which by then you’re not covered by ebay anymore,
you have to contact ebay right away… and don’t worry…you’ll get it back
happened to me already… seller sent me worthless beads.

oopsies… :8)

The case is currently in the “work it out” stage and it says the seller has until Jan 12 to respond. I dont see an option to escalate it. Do you know how I would do this?

Call up paypal and explain the situation to them.

Give it time. PayPal will reimburse you directly if the deal goes bad. Whether they get reimbursed back by the seller is between the seller and PayPal. Don’t worry about it. You are covered.

eBay feedback...

http://xkcd.com/325/

That’s a good point. We shouldn’t have any buyers protection at all. Life’s a risk.

On the other hand…

If Paypal wanted to stay business, they would insure that buyer who got scammed didn’t lose their money. That way people could justify the 4% they are charged on every transaction.

It’s a simple numbers game. It’s the cost of doing business. If Paypal gets 3-4% on every transaction, they expect to pay out for the 1% or less of claims.

I have had probably 1000 transactions or more on Paypal with only a few claims. I have personally paid Paypal $2000-3000 in fees over the years and they had to reimburse me for maybe $30-40. I think I know who the winner in this situation is. It ain’t me.

Feels like Ebay is having problem with these sellers, they try to cause problems when exiting. Nowadays they don’t need to sell in Ebay as many might just set up their own website and start selling.

As soon as you notice that the seller isnt no longer registered on Ebay or for example online shop is out of business, you have to fill Paypal complaint immediatelly ;)!

You did the right thing filling Paypal case ;)!

I called eBay and bitched at them for a solid 45 min on Friday. I couldn’t convince them to escalate my claim without waiting 7 days. It will be escalated on the 12th though.

The thing that kills me about this is I already bought and have in my possession 4 hybrid LSD Tenergy Centura NiMH D cells and a Tenergy charger for them. That was about $45 worth of equipment…

Well eBay ended up giving me my money back. I guess the tracking # was bogus or something. Honestly, I would rather have the TK70 lol.