Cigar grips

I asked about cigar grips here on the forum and I asked a few manufacturers ..xeno and crelant ..Both of which scratched their heads and their tails half not knowing what I was asking and the other half not caring ..Solarforce wanted 5$ a piece ..

figured I'd make my own

So at least i offer the idea to anyone else who decides to try a

do -it -yourself cigar grip .

I found some big black hard rubber stoppers for beakers or bottles or drains ?? who knows what ..At SEARS of all places .

with a single edged razor blade and exacto knife a hole saw ?files and sand paper I assume i'll have multiple cigar grips rings in various shapes and sizes .

I've made a few out of various materials already but so far this looks like what I needed all along

Rubber Stoppers

So far i've used rubber bands ,womens hair ties ,super high density foam? ,gromets and now something that more closely resembles the real thing....we will see . :)

Did you choose them because of the angle?

I did a search for foam rubber tube, rubber tube and silicone tube etc and come up with a few good ones but nothing with the angle if thats what you are after.

heavy rubber O-rings ~ 1” , also look at garden hose gaskets. Heat ’em in boiling water so you can stretch them over any tail/body ribs.

I think he chose them because that’s pretty much the only way they come. They are basically solid rubber corks for plugging pipes and such. That’s a pretty good idea, Boaz. Looking forward to the final product. :wink:

Pretty cool idea. I am also looking forward to seeing the final results.

Get yourself a Z2 already, best cigar grip made. If you would have emailed Surefire the same question you would have received a proper response.

What about the rubber tips for canes and walkers? Too big of an ID? They have different shapes and sizes pretty readily available in most any drug store.

Crelant has a nice big cigar grip on the 7g2cs, they should know what you’re talking about!

unless your dead set on making some, id try madecov here… hes pretty helpful

GEEEZE! Thats beautiful!!! So is the work on your link. How the heck did you do that????

Dan.

Thanks . That is a very simple turks head knot tied with Type 1 paracord .

Just takes a little practice .