Odd angle/transformer lights at fasttech (18650 and 1AA)

Fasttech lists some odd angle/transformer lights for under $10 each

The SMILINGSHARK SS-8036 Cree XP-E R3 (1x18650)

UniqueFire UF-V19 Cree XP-E R3 200lm (AA / 14500)

Any thoughts on those?

Rofis clones? I’m interested if they are better than the UF zebralight ones, they seem like good prices too if they aren’t junk.

Almost bought a j20 when it was on sale on lighthound, sold out by the time I got back to it :(.

I just don’t like the XP-E’s; I’d be using a light like this (90 w/a clip) mainly for close up work and some flood/output would be more useful. Might be nice in the fog though, even though it won’t throw real tight it’s probably better than an XML.

The UF looks like it might be built better and costs more but without holding them it’s really a gamble. $1 isn’t much.

oh nice! thanks for the heads up. I was seriously considering the Rofis transformer ones, I hope the quality is good on these ones.

Nice vectrex! Take one for the team and post the info you find!!! Then put and xpg2 in it and let the fun begin!!!

I am leaning towards the AA version for weight reasons, but it is a little bit too cheap to be of decent quality. On the other hand the uniquefires that I had/have so far were OK... not great but OK. Also I think the cheapo manufacturers have to be rewarded to include a half decent clip design.

It would be a very functional light if it works just good. You wont have to try and prop up a light to get the light where you want it. Bite the bullet for us all!

I have the ROFIS version of the 18650 light. I use it quite a bit. I am thinking it would be hard to make a light like it for $9. I would suspect it would have a weak joint and not match up very well. Also the waterproofing might be an issue. But I could be very wrong. It might be a sleeper hit!

Nice lights folks!

They are a lot cheaper than the Rofis ones!

Or has Uniquefire upgraded the emitter for these?

UniqueFire V19 5-Mode Cree XM-L U2 LED Flashlight (10w, 1000LM, 1xAAA) #00487086
$15.39

EDIT: 1xAAA? a double misprint? Are there any XM-L AAA lights?

1000 lumens too! :open_mouth:

I wonder if the UF-V19 AA can tailstand.

interesting, thanks.

Those look like the ROFIS Transformer I saw the other day at this website reviewed

I’d personally just buy correct the first time!