What you got today

I haven't received anything in a looooong time.

I guess I need to start drinking more.

was looking for a dr seuss book in the basement this morning and found my lowes tf. brought back early cpf memories when the taskforce and the rayovac extreme sportsman was the kings of budget lights. turned it on and it powered up. i had put a 18650 in there last year with some ground wire as spacers. I might just take the same route.

Yeah, to me it made it a much more decent light. I didn't do anything to the driver or anything other than swap the emitter. Not so much of a narrow beam now. It was actually JHBUDGETLIGHT that gave me the idea. He'd done it first.

-Garry

today i received my replacement copy (flashlight model) from HKE.

posted: 2012-02-20

received: 2012-02-29

i paid for 2.00$ insurance (tracking number worked fine on Hongkong Post website and later on on the dhl.de website) and the transaction went smooth. the torch is new (newer hardware revision) but i am not happy with tint etc so i am going to return the model, again --- this time for a full refund! i fear that the flashlight manufacturer doesnt produce better production samples. it's a premium brand but sorry i am not going to disclose which brand/model this fuss is all about hehe

I liked the idea so much I went to Lowes last night after dinner and got some grip tape for mine. That stuff isn’t cheap! Only took three 1/2" strips from 2" wide tape to do the job. I did 3 of the 6 flats on my SAiK SA-305 while I was at it. What a difference! I will be starting a For Sale thread to sell some of the extra tape I have so no one else has to buy a huge roll of it just to do a few lights. :slight_smile:

Got mine today.

Love it.

Got a PS Vita(WiFi) with Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout2048, And a 8GB mem card. First portable gaming console purchase since GBA.

I like it so far, I just hope Sony keeps Devs interested in pumping out more titles in the future. A really nice piece of hardware here.

:party:

JM-07 Pro Stone White is really silver. Ordered on the 8 of Feb Got today the 29. So that is 21 days. Came from Hank and Ric of CN Quality So we need to give them Credit for taking care of business and their snail mail is like ours. All of the Asians are very good business people. I paced one order 4 and another 6 days ago. Just betting they were good people, And I won!

Back to the light. I like the silver color. I have it on a neck lanyard and the Pro rides in my shirt pocket or inside the shirt. I ordered a holster/case for it. I carried a light on my duty belt for 20+ years and thought that was over.

One thing is the light is larger diameter than than the 18650's. Came with a 26650 and a tube to put the smaller 18650 into then both into the light. Wow the light is bright. I got the one without the SOS/strobe since no longer a cop and did not want it. I really like this Pro I lubed the three threaded areas and the "O" rings. As one member said the threads are fine so be real careful when putting back together. Was looking to ad some heatsinking but did not know how to go about it on this light. I did it on two lights and they came apart real easy. So, gentlemen I am looking/praying for information on how to do it.

I am here because you are so high above me I still do not understand everthing you talk about, hope to keep learning here.

Today i got my cheap flashlight ,it looks so small...

Somebody here recently wrote that they always look much larger in the pictures. It's true. Flashlights always appear much smaller in hand. For example: The STL-V2. That reflector looks huge! In reality, the diameter is less than a coke can! Photos of the C8 make it look like a much larger flashlight than it is, similar to my TR-1200; when it arrived, it was much smaller; it's actually small enough to be pocket carried.

Yeah I wouldn't mind some larger flashlights (Maglite C & D sized). I too was surprised how small my KD C8 was when it came (my first high-powered light). On the other hand, I was also surprised by how big an 18650 was when I got my first ones. Guess I was used to AA's. Oh well, like the old argument goes, size doesn't matter.

-Garry

I just got my TR-12J from Manafont!! This thing is a beast!!!!

Today I got SPAM - lots of SPAM. Actually a forum full of SPAM.

Good eye DTHRCKT; I didn't notice the low post count combined with the image link to the external source.

A strict 'To the pain!' policy for the paisley spammers!

"

Humperdinck: First things first, to the death.

Westley: No. To the pain.

Humperdinck: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.

Westley: I'll explain, and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog-faced buffoon.

Humperdinck: That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.

Westley: It won't be the last. "To the pain" means the first thing you lose will be your feet, below the ankles, then your hands at the wrists. Next, your nose.

Humperdinck: [losing his patience] And then my tongue, I suppose. I killed you too quickly the last time, a mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.

Westley: I wasn't finished! The next thing you lose will be your left eye, followed by your right —

Humperdinck: [exasperated] And then my ears. I understand! Let's get on with it-

Westley: WRONG! Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why: So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God, what is that thing?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what "to the pain" means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Humperdinck: [Cautious] I think you're bluffing.

Westley: It's possible, pig. I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all.

[Westley slowly rises and points his sword directly at the prince]

Westley: Drop. Your. Sword.

"

I just received my fake Solarforce L2 from Lightake along with their 3-mode XM-L drop-in. (The drop-in is SMO not OP as stated in the description.) Ordered this L2 based on Vectrex's recommendation. This is my first P60 host! Now for some of that copper foil!

Edit: Ordered 2/10/12 - Recv'd today 3/1/12.

-Garry

You are allowed to turn it on... you know? :-) How is your first impression on that host? Is that drop-in really high-voltage? Try with 1 cell first and measure the output just to be safe... pic of the driver? Didn't you order the 2 batt host?

Actually I'm at work, so I wasn't going to mess with it until I get home. (I do have (2) 18650 flashlights in the car if I wanted to grab a battery though.) It seems like a real nice host, although I'm sure it's not Solarforce quality. I don't own a Solarforce, but from all the raving I hear, I don't think this lives up to it - but it's not bad at all. The drop-in, I do wonder about that "7.4v" spec. How would I know whether or not it can run 2 Li-Ions for sure? If it's made for 2, would it be lower output on 1? I'll take a tailcap measurement tonight at home.

Oh, I remember considering that 2 battery host, but I'm not sure why I passed. I guess I thought I'd never want that long of a P60 host.

-Garry

I'm interested in knowing if that drop-in can handle two cells as well! I have the MF Ultrafire 501d host on its way and was planning to fill with a single-mode XP-G R5 @ 1A as a long-runtime/reasonable power/decent spill type of KISS light. I might be willing to upgrade to the XML 3-mode if it will work!

If you went for the 1 batt host there is nothing to worry about safety-wise, but it is possible that you will be disappointed by the max output if it really is a high voltage dropin (they are rare) , when you are using only 1 cell. I don't trust Chinese vendor description very much and the first dropins were all single cell driven (3.7 or 4.2v max) Many real budget high voltage dropins have considerably less output on high on 3.7 V (1 batt) than 7.4V (2 batt). A tailcap reading would eventually clarify which driver is used.... or not... hard to say... together with the brightness on max... might give you a rough idea. You will be running it on 1X18650 exclusively or also 2X16340? I have the direct comparison between L2t, L2r, Fake L2 and UF-504B and at least on my samples the differences are not that great as one would think after reading some of the SF reviews. It depends largely on someones exceptions.... how much is one willing to pay for better knurling or slightly better threads. (actually I prefer the threads on my fake L2 over the orig L2R) But since we are on budget territory production quality can change over night.... that's why I asked... I need another 2 batt host for a friend who has seen my Frankenstein 3AA XM-L lights. So my initial question wasn't completely unselfish.