Battery charger what one? - Please dont move to charger section as i am getting no replies there...

Hi, im looking at buying a charger/discharger so i can do tests and stuff… i really dont have a clue what to get! I have a budget of $50, ive seen these on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-iMAX-B6AC-Dual-Power-Lipo-NiMH-RC-Battery…

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/G-T-POWER-Balance-Charger-Discharger-B606-for…

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/X-Charger-Battery-Balance-Charger-Discharger-…

Welcome to BLF, MAX1706. Where you place things usually doesn’t affect responses too much. Most of us regulars use the Recent Posts page to look for activity. If you post at a heavy traffic time, things can move to the second page. I recommend you move it back to the right place so things stay organized.
OK, on to the chargers. I have the Accucel6, which is basically an iMax B6. The others are not familiar to me.
The B6 is a good charger/discharger for the beginner and enthusiast. I use it a lot for discharging (tests), but not much charging anymore. For the price, it’s a good charger.
I’ll let others chime in on the others you posted addresses to. I can’t get them to work, so I cannot check them out.
Edit: Also, the B6 is available from www.hobbyking.com which may be more reliable than an eBay seller.

Hi,

I saw your post there, but didn’t have any info, but I think you only posted that about 30 minutes or so ago? Probably should give more members a chance to see it there, as it would show up automatically on their “Recent Posts” page once they come onto the website.

Just commenting…

Jim

None of those links work.

Hi,

The links in the original post (I have a normal charger, but i want a chrager/discharger... what one!?) work.

Jim

Based on the links that work, the B6AC is not bad for the price. You do not need an external supply for that model. I didn’t notice the AC part when I first looked at your post.
This gives the B6AC an advantage over the other two, especially since it’s the best price.
The GT-Power one looks like a rebranded Accucel6. Needs an external supply.
The X-Power looks fairly standard issue as well. Needs an external supply.

The Imax B6AC is just a Imax B6 with a power supply built in for AC input. So that it can be powered by simply plugging it into your wall receptacle. All the others will have to have a separate power supply that puts out around 12v DC. This can be solved cheaply by using a old computer power supply. Or you can use a laptop like power supply found on ebay. Make sure it has a 5.5mm by 2.5mm barrel type plug and outputs 12v with at least 5 amps.
The other chargers are clones of the Imax B6 (notice how it says genuine). So is the well liked Accucel-6. Some like the B6, others like the Accucel-6. The Accucel-6 seems to always get good reviews and the one I owned never gave me a problem.
If you wish to do data logging you may want to move up to the icharger 106B.

If u was in the USA u could of bought my new Accucel 6

Well that just made it sound complicated, i just need a charger that can also discharge for testing, i dont really kow much about it haha

I think ill go with the Imax B6-AC

I forgot about data logging. I’m not sure about the B6AC, but my Accucel6 does logging.
In any case, the B6AC, for the price seems reasonable. It’s a complete unit so just a power cord, no supply needed. It does what you need it to do (charge/discharge).

I’d say a good pick . :slight_smile:
Edit: I just noticed the AUS warehouse links in moderator007’s post. The B6 is $10 or more less, and it’s guaranteed genuine. The eBay link may be genuine (probably), but I don’t know how to verify it, other than ask the seller.
So, maybe still a good pick.

Thanks guys!

I bought the B6AC for $47! What i rip! i know, i would have bought the $27 one from china except the shipping would have taken about 3 weeks, so i went with the expensive one from Melbourne, Aus (where i live) and it will be here in 2 days. Thanks for the help everyone :slight_smile: