Illumination Supply LED Light bars, worklights, and light pods

This thread has been moved/continued from HERE, it was moved based on the friendly suggestion of a BLF member to adhere to forum rules.

I have taken all your suggestions and ideas to heart and would love to offer a light with everything included, unfortunately a complete redesign of a light with a production run would cost us a small fortune, so for the time being I'll be selling a readily available model until I build more capital for R&D.

The first light we are releasing for sale after passing our own slew of tests is a small 2 x 2 Square LED Pod, sporting 4 CREE XB-Ds with a Raw Lumen output of 1000 Lumens. Since these are geared towards automotive uses, the lights all include a male Deutsch connector, I will be offering the option to add a female Deutsch connector for a small amount if you just want to use your stock wiring harness (fog lights for example). Pictures of the housing and included mounting hardware can be found below. Two beam patterns are available, spot and flood. We'll be offering a wider range of LED light bars very soon from 20"-40".

Main Specs:

Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
Power consumption: 12W
Raw Lumens: 1000
Color temp: 6000K
Materials: Aluminum housing, Polycarbonate lens
IP67 Waterproof rating. (Completely sealed, watertight to at least 1 Meter immersion for 30 minutes)

I'll be releasing more promotional material very soon like outside beam shots along with the rest of the LED light bar line. Here is a quick beam comparison aimed at the ceiling about 20-30 feet I think.

awesome!!

What are the chances of making a quickly removable unit around this size? For cars that don’t need lights constantly attached?

Seems to be a large gap in the market, and this unit could be adapted to do so. (large suction cup style, large n42 magnet)

I'm still looking into mounting options for my light pods/bars but I'm not sure a suction cup or magnet would be ideal. If something happens and it falls off and damages the vehicle, whose fault would it be?

You’d have to add some kind of disclaimer, but there is already a range of bike racks that use suction cups so the technology is out there and strong enough for it to be perfectly possible.
SeaSucker is one such brand.

SeaSuckers remind me of the other suction cups I've come across used in photography mainly, like the Manfrotto suction cups. Unfortunately they are extremely expensive and cost several times the cost of the current light I'm offering. I'll have to look into cheaper alternatives.

Pricing has been lowered on the 2x2 worklights/automotive lights. I now have a 6" Single row LED light bar in stock along with 20" & 40" dual row light bars. These things are monsters putting out 10,000 and 20,000 raw lumens respectively.

I just dug out a better beamshot example of the 40" Spot & Flood combo light:

Uploading beamshot examples of the 2 x 2 Spot, Flood, 20" Combo, 40" Combo, and 6" Pod used as a reverse light:

All images have the same exposure levels.

Control Shot

2 x 2 Spot

2 x 2 Flood

20" Combo

40" Combo

6" used as a reverse light

Looks great! Great prices too (at least on the smaller units). One thing I'd like to see is the 6" light bar compared to the 2x2 flood (same location as above would be ideal).

-Garry

Starting to see lots of these in truck, offroad vehicle and tractor supply catalogs and endless on ebay, amazon… very useful vs high draw halogens.
Quality is an unknown.

Calvin - Would you say that either the 4” square or the 6” strip will take continuous stationary usage? In a non-moving (as in no airflow past the units) situation on a truck or camper, do I need to worry about overheating and toasting these units? We frequently run 12v lights for hours when setting up camp, cooking, cleaning, etc… So two of the 6” strip lights would be 2600 lumens?

I just tested the lights in 75F ambient temperature. With all sides exposed to stationary air. The 2x2 pod stabilized at 110F and the 6" stabilized at 120F at the 1.5 hour mark. I should note that the larger light bars required moving air to keep them cool. Also the rating of these lights are raw lumens rather than OTF lumens due to the lack of testing equipment. The majority of the lights in this sector advertise raw lumens rather than OTF lumens. I would expect 5-10% loss in real world usage.

The followup is appreciated. Been looking at this stuff forever, tired of the limitations of my home made gear ,decision making time… hope you guys keep bringing more good stuff to market.

As an intro promo to help sales, we now have a coupon code for 10% off all our LED Light Bar/Pod products. Simply enter the coupon code "LightBars" to claim the discount.

If you ever sell a light bar with a bunch of Nichia 219 92CRI 4500K emitters, with a 120V wall plug for indoor use, I’d love to buy some. Especially if it can be mounted to a desk on a spring-suspended movable arm. Or in puck light form, also with a wall adapter. I need some good high-CRI lights for several different purposes around the house…

For example, lighting up an art table for painting at night — I think about 2000lm of high-CRI floody light would be about right, emitted from a hovering bar roughly 4 feet wide. That’s probably unrealistic though, so I’ll probably have to buy the parts and make it myself after I figure out how to do the electrical side of things.

I have the 6” light bar and the 2 x 2 light pod and wiring kit. So far, so good. Very decent build quality for the price, especially compared to some that I have seen (and bought a few POS too). Once I get these two different size units permanently mounted will come the real acid test, some of which may just be did I buy the correct units for my intended needs? Good service from IS and since they added the big discount AFTER I ordered, I can only give them a grade of 95! :money_mouth_face:

Which one of these products would be best on a John Deere LA135

Which one of these products would be best for my John Deere La135.
I will most likely have my mechanic do it for me

I think 1-2 of the 6” w units would look best as well as perform best for yard duty. (That little push bar would looks sharp and its where I would mount either style.) I am happier w their smooth even output than the small square podlights that I have. I bought the wiring kit too, which I would never do, but it made my temporary hookups on 2 vehicles so much easier and to boot, its good quality.

Don’t forget the IS coupon either.

More like 25-35%, best case…

You would be surprised how many lumens reflectors and lenses eat. A decent quality uncoated glass lens alone eats 8-12%. Crappy ones even more. Reflectors have an even larger lumen appetite. And the total loss is the lens losses times the reflector losses.

Howdy CalvinIS,

I’ve ordered a set (1 flood, 1 spot) of your 2X2 light pods to monkey around with and I was curious if you knew when you’d have the female 2 pin Deutsch connectors back in stock. Also, what driver is in those things? Thanks!

ECHO