Guess the project

I've been working on a new project lately, and I just fired it up and I'm amazed. Just to have some fun with this, guess what I did. Your hint is that my Flydragon aspheric (see here) clocked 230 lux in the room I tested this in (ceiling bounce), this mystery light clocked 3400 lux in the same room. This would put it at 14.78 times as bright as my single XM-L2 monster, so maybe 15000 lumens.

Texaspyro and MrsDNF are disqualified from this contest as I have told them about it, if I mentioned it to one of you and forgot please don't post it. ;) The rest of you, I want you to take a guess at the LED(s), the host, the battery, and the driver.

:_(

BTW, can I have your eyelids? I don’t think that you will be needing them much longer…

Don't worry, I had a welding mask on. (Both to protect me from the light, and to protect my face if it were to blow up) ;)

Sissy! Take it like a man! J)

A saft battery like the one they use in Alaska as a backup for the power station in Anchorage (46 megawatt output) powering a liquid nitrogen cooled 12 x SST-90 array at 30 Amps each.

I give up. I’m totally hopeless at guess the light. :bigsmile:

Wow! Check out the size of her integrating sphere in the background.

Wow! Check out the size of her two invigorating spheres in the foreground.

Of course she’s happy… she just discovered fasttech. BOING! :bigsmile:

Those are “arousing” videos people. LOL!
:zipper_mouth_face:

Kitty found a comfy spot…

scaru is building a twin headed Flydragon aspheric with each emitter driven @38D. :bigsmile:

AWE ^

Um…my guess would be idk, a mirror & sunlight? And maybe throw in an aspheric lens or two?

A light with two XM-L2 7.39 up ?

Quad MTG2 and some Samsung 20R? :P

Something to do with that 7-up job by ChicagoX?

My guess is an overdriven bridgelux led inside being focused by the aspheric lens…

subscribed….so I don’t miss Scaru’s project, really!

fresnel lense, aspheric lense, bridgelux array and umm, you got me on the “battery” I’m guessing a collection of sanyo cells in series

MK-R?

What are you building a spotlight for a boat? :bigsmile:

A torch? Is it some sort of torch? I think it could be a torch! Am I right? I am right aren’t I? Yes I am.