HD 2010 or TR-3T6

My mother-in-law has taken a liking to my TangsFire TS-923, I believe it will end going home with her next week. I am looking for a replacement. The HD 2010 single emitter looks like a good upgrade over my light, a bit more brighter and trow. Another option in the same price rage is a TR-3T6 using three cells. Witch of these two will be the more wow factor floody thrower? Two others that I like are the trustfire tr-j12 and Skyray king, but they are twice the $$.

These are all great budget lights…. If you want a SRK, Fasttech has them for $36 after BLF discount,

HD2010 - Thrower with wide spill. Not always easy to get a hard driven version anymore. (it will be bright, but no all are superbright)

TR-3T6 - Flodder with with some reach. Usually cheaper than a SRK, more modes, quite long. Less bright

SRK- Similar beam as TR-3T6. But even the less bright clones are brighter than a stock TR-3T6. Wallbuys have a promotion on them, and a coupon code you can use on top of that! So price is only 32$
See first post in this thread.
That would be my choice. Its a SRK clone, but so is the ones from FT. The one I got from WB have the same output as an original. Some have slightly less, no matter, its very bright. For the price, that would be my choice. :slight_smile:

+1

Thanks for the replies, I pulled the trigger on the King and a dual charger to go with it. Now I need to grab some more cells. I opted not to get any batteries direct from China do to the lipo shipping ban.

I like mine! The problem is… my wife loves it.

I picked up 4x XTAR 18700 2600mah cells to go with my new SRK $29 shipped from a US seller. Now I get to play the waiting game.

we all subject ourselves to this torture. The upside, my postal worker is a super sweet older lady & gets a kick out of me waiting at the mailbox for her.

You’ll like that SRK. I like to mess around with ‘big’ lights. So I didnt expect very much when I ordered mine. For its size its a ton of light.

Yeah SRK is a very nice light, something about that nice golden color, it actually makes it fun to look at, even while you are holding it you keep glancing down at it…and I’m not a gold person. The thing just runs too hot for long use however, so my TR-3T6 is the one that stays filled with batteries/put in my pack and gets used regularly (and/or J18 or AK48 for night hikes). But if I’m showing off my lights, the SRK is the one that comes out, you may not have it for long once your wife sees it. :slight_smile:

Where did you get that strange orange colored TR-3T6 Dale?

I think she will leave it alone. I picked up pair of Q5 C8’s for $10 on ebay, for our glove boxes. My Mother-in-law needed a compact flashlight and my TS-923 fit the bill :open_mouth: :_( . If the King ends not being practical for everyday use. I will look for another TS-923 or something in between that and the king.

I did that myself…. Wanted it to look different from the other TR-3T6s

Its definitely different, I was thinking it may be another Chinese company: Orangefire or Copperfire or something. Kind of like that orange/golden Olympic torch version out there too.

& a never ending quest for…. I have no idea… LOL

Just found out there is going to be an 8-10 day lead time before Wallbuys ships my light. :frowning:
I going to tempt to cancel my purchase via email. I just found and purchased one, via a lucky auction bid for $33 shipped. They are located a few hundred miles away.

I received an email reply from Wallbuys once the order is paid for you cannot cancel it, regardless of how long it will be before they ship it out. I guess I am going to have two SRKs. I think once my neighbor see mine he is going to want one.

When I saw you ordered from Wallbuys I was a bit concerned. They aren’t exactly above board & have been booted out of the forum.

Not knowing, I picked the best price. Live and learn. I will find a home for the second King.