TR-3T6 Replacement driver

Been lurking for awhile so hopefully I’ve got the lingo right :wink: My clone trustfire was dropped and stopped working so after some fiddling I got it working again (had to jumper the + coil to the positive lug on the LED side) but it is not as bright as it used to be. I’ve been looking at replacement drivers and just wanted some feedback on which one is the best:

There’s this one from kaidoman : kaidoman

this one from DX: dx.com

This one from manafont: manafont

I’m partially to the cheap ones (budget flashlight after all :slight_smile: ) and I want some sweet output! best bang for the buck you might say.

Are there others?—I want to keep this as 2 cell so the DRY driver is out.

The one from KD is decent.
I would buy it cheaper here, its also from a better vendor IMO.

The one from DX is sold out, I would not recommend you to wait… (I cant guarantee if its a boost driver either, maybe others can tell)

The one from MF is ok, but stock, not very high output. It could be resistor modded though.

The best is the first one… But its not among the cheaper ones…

Welcome to the forum manace69. Since I’m pretty low budget oriented, I like the MF driver. It’s one tough driver. I have one that I have transplanted into about 5 different builds. I’ve even used it to drive MG-T2’s. It should deliver 4.5amps stock. At resistors to increase the current. Only drawback in my opinion is it has strobe and sos modes. Not a big breaker for me though because the driver had good mode memory.

Best of luck on your repair/upgrade.

Is these one really only 8,4V max?

Hi menace,

Welcome and sorry to jump in, but have you checked/confirmed that the driver will fit?

From KD website (same dimensions on IOS):

Battery board measures 26mm
Main driver measures 24mm
Total height measures 17mm

The “battery board” is 26mm diameter, so is the opening where you’d be using this 26mm diameter? I don’t have a 3T6, so I don’t know.

Good luck on your mod/repair!

Jim

Ohaya, the driver will fit. I currently have one in a TR-3T6.

You need to share more builds! :wink: :slight_smile:

I don’t know. I have only driven it with 2 Li-ions and 6 ni-mh.

Thanks for the replies guys! I’ll probably get the manafont one and likely get a few of them for other projects or for when i blow them up while experimenting…

I really want to mod my 2D maglite to take 3 C batteries, running a cree of some description….leave that for another day

edit: Bummer, the MF one is too deep by 6mm. Normally I would dremel 6mm of difference but since its a circuit board, that may not work here…

Anyone try this one from lightmalls?

driver