Techlite 1000lms

New to the forum so a hi and thanks to the fellow flashaholics for the great posts! I went to Costco out here in Montreal and well…… you know I bought two Techlite 1000lm 4d flashlights. I don’t know if this old news but price was $40 each, 4 settings, 100lm, 350lm, 1000lm, glass lens,
runs on 4 xpg. Nice construction, super weird textured grip which I like a lot. Same size as the HD super thrower and in my opinion really has double the power. The two I bought had the same brightness the sweet spots were the same, NICE ya usually buy two and there different, at least the ones from china. On High 2HRS, Med 5hrs, Low 20hrs, waterproof and throws 360m. Hope this helps anyone up north around here and my friends down south and wherever the Sun Shines!

P.S Shine a flashlight on wherever it don’t Shine and you’ll be okay….

Thanks for sharing and welcome to BLF! :slight_smile:

welcome to the forum

You have come to the right place, B2012!

double the power of the super thrower….thats got me curious.
do you mean brightness, flood, or the throw?

The ST reaches 426m the techlite reaches 360m but the brightness and flood are about double. Played with the little beast last night, love it, haven’t seen much on the net about it though. Feel like I got my moneys worth and that’s a good thing!

Hi,

Do you have a Costco sku for this? I wonder if it’s in my Costco or just a regional store thing. Any pics of it?

Thanks!

Kicked myself for not picking it up or at least snapping a shot on the way out the door. Looked similar to the NP468 but wasn’t it. Clearly a 4 emitter XPG. They had the little 200lm techlites back rebranded as Snap On as well.

Yeah I picked up the 3 pack 250lm as well great little lights! heres some cellphone pics sorry for the quality!

Welcome to BLF, B2012! They sound like nice monsters.

Welcome to BLF, and hello from Alberta

Hope this works for the pics!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!

itm./art.40637 this is the number on the box
Great to see some fellow Canadians responding! Thanks
gonna snap a few quickies of the snapon 250lm red devils in a bit.

B2012: I thought the sku you gave didn’t look right. Costco sku numbers usually are 6 digits. Went to my local Costco today to see if this light was there. It wasn’t :frowning: Went to the service desk to see if they could help. The correct Costco sku # is 406347. They had a look but couldn’t find any of these lights in the USA warehouses. They were able to find it in Canadian warehouses. So, quite possibly, this may be store region limited to Canadian stores in case anyone else was looking…

You are right sir! I did a typo the correct number on my box is 406347!! hope that wasn’t too much of a problem for ya! Glad to see you’re the type to get over the obstacles to get the results!! too bad they didn’t have it for ya, thnx

Welcome to the forum B2012!

406347 doesnt show up on the costco item number search page. It looks like Canada gets all the fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a call into a costco hardware buyer (Lester). Lets see if he returns my call…

Bad news: after speaking with several of the nice folks in costco’s procurement dept, I cant get them to send me one to the US! |( They kept telling me about the other lights they used to stock and how they sat around collecting dust. Even the 2 pack of xpe LED maglites, complete with duracell batteries was a hard sell at $19.99 during Christmas, and it took forever for them to clear out eneloops at less than $2 per cell. Hey, people are mega-cheap and ignorant about what these lights can do. Then I got lectured about the lights they stock or will stock in December… IMO, completely worthless junk not even worth mentioning. I could probably ask one of my Canadian friends to lend a hand, but the idea was that if I didnt like the design, I could return it to one of my local costco stores.

Oh well, time to move on…

Nice work FlashPilot, thanks for taking the time to investigate this. Any possibility of having them ship remaining MagLites from warehouses in stock to one without?

Thanks Aftrburnr,

I called when LED mags went on clearance and they were almost immediately sold out in my state. You can call Tom Miller 425-427-3899 at their procurement dept and see if he knows of any. If you call, bug him about the 4 x XPG techlite as well! (sku 406347) Its not in their system but they can still look it up.