UltraFire L-Q5ZZ...I keep coming back to this light.

Really like the looks of this little light for $8.80. I know it is not the latest emitter (XP-E)…but has a decent looking clip, glass lens, aluminum reflector and takes either AAs or 14500s…and I love the silver/grey color scheme!

Thinking of ordering one…which 14500s (first 14500 light for me) should I get?

This flashlight is beautifully designed. Sleek but has that “wicked” factor on it.

It’s a great looking light for that price. As for 14500’s I am not sure. I have always had good luck with the Grey trustfire ones. But I don’t know if there is any brand that is exceptional. I believe the blue trustfire ones are protected though if you prefer that. The unprotected ones seem to have a little more zip to them. Best to use them in a light with protection though.

It looks like the front end of the FandyFire S3.

keeppower are sanyo protected but they are rather large.

Best 14500 cell is Sanyo

why don’t you see what HKJ (HJK?) have tested? Battery test-review 18650 comparator
trustfire flames seem to be quite decent budget batteries, but voltage under low is worse compared to better batteries

Well…I ordered one and some TF 14500 flames. I’ll let everyone know how it works.

I have seen this light under another name in few years back, mostly on skyray and uniquefire
as I can recall, they use 16340 or CR123

here they are:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYRAY-1000LM-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Mini-Clip-Flashlight-Torch-CR123A-Charger-/170851631541?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item27c78d01b5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FandyFire-S3-CREE-XM-L-T6-600-Lumen-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Battery-Charger-/200906314820?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2ec6f31444

It’s good to see the AA/14500 version although it’s lengthy for AA light size…

It does look a bit lengthy. Not necessarily bad for me as I will keep it clipped in my front pant pocket. Some shorter lights tend to rotate the clip sideways when I sit down, and then stay that way after standing up. Kind of a pain since I have to re-adjust everytime. Also a chance that it could unclip and result in flashlight loss. I think the length might keep that from happening.

So…I plan on trying it out for a cheap EDC and evaluating for future gifting purchases.

looking forward for your review and hands-on experience.
the price is attracting, no light has attract me this much at this price point else than C3 Stainless Steel until now…

I know what you mean. I am looking forward to getting this light. I keep looking for a reason why it it is so cheap…and why there is not another ‘1’ in front of the first ‘8’ in the pricing. Perhaps another dx hidden deal (AKA pricing error :wink: ) like the M5?

180 Lumen Cool White sounds pretty scary, but it looks like a well-made host.

Huh? Scary?

Anyway, if I got that thing the first thing I’d do is grind down that bezel. Ugh, so inelegant.

D X just shipped this light to me…9 days after I "#$*’n ordered it…and to my knowledge it wasn’t on backorder. What the heck takes them so long to ship?
:*

Anyhow…I’ll do my best to review it upon arrival, after testing at work.

Can you imagine one day this light might be part of their super exclusive 72-hour dispatch! I mean whoda thought one day some internet retailers might ship things out in as little as THREE days. That there is efficiency folks!

When it absolutely, positively has to be there sometime maybe around the latter part of possibly a month or perhaps two, give or take…D X (aka…Delayed Xhipment). :bigsmile:

When you EVENTUALLY get it, throw up some pics. Looks like a nice light!

I just got it today! Weird…took dx 9 days to release it and only 4 days to get to my door in TX.

eventually ordered one.
well overall the built quality is just okay.
the head and tail bezel although looks like stainless, kinda doubt it due to very light weight.
reflector and lens are plastic.
the beam pattern is full of rings.
it has next mode memory too.