35 Hilarious Chinese Translation Fails

35 Hilarious Chinese Translation Fails :smiley:

LOL! Thanks!

-Garry

Just what I need to start my day … thanks :slight_smile:

rotflmao

LOL. Why do I feel as though most translators do that crap on purpose? Whos going to know right….
Chinese dont read or understand much english and tourists cant tell in chinese since they are reading the english anyway :bigsmile:

to get English into their system. Maybe they can’t; just like Japan. Under the potato crap, there’s a dish called “Deep fried tofu with odor”!

That just made my day. :bigsmile:

Orion, I think it is unlikely. English is only taught in schools in countries previously under the British Empire. Singapore and Malaysia are good examples. Both have Cantonese dialect of Chinese too, which is different to mainland Chinese dialects; and then the mandatory Malay… it is truly complex. As China grows in economic power who knows how this will affect language and culture around the world.

In Japan, English teachers are paid very little. It is far better for “gaijin” to learn Japanese.

+1. Chloe, those countries benefitted from it then and even now. I believe they are called the ‘Commonwealth’. Meanwhile China is still reeling from the harsh effects of communism here . So money doesn’t guarantee them anything but limited success outside their ‘middle kingdom’.

Oh God, that poor boy and his family. I have no words. :_( What on earth was that woman thinking to attack a child in such a brutal and horrific way?

I hate reading our news but reading Chinese news sites make me feel even worse. :weary:

Yeah, and I can speak and write in Chinese(Mandarin), English and Malay without problem, though I am not excellent in any of them. :smiley:

But I know sometimes I do make grammatical errors in English, and I don’t mind people correct me for that. :slight_smile:

I envy those who can speak so many languages fluently! :smiley:

SWMBO proudly proclaims she can speak THREE languages: English, BAD English and PROFANITY.

God, I Love Her!!

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?
Tri-lingual.
What about someone who speaks two languages?
BI-lingual
What about someone who only speaks ONE language, Dimbo?

Call that one a ’MUR-can! (“American”)

(PS: Will trade C or Assembler code for Mandarin or Cantonese lessons!)

Try to see Japanese English (or is Engrish?!!) adaptation to some of its signage and products. You’ll see what I mean. :wink:

thank, just had another ROFL session

great site. i think you have great information about translation.

@bibihang,I’m from Malaysia myself or more precisely East Malaysia which are the states of Sabah & Sarawak. I’m from Iban ethnicity. One thing unique about Malaysia is the people of many backgrounds and races can speak a lot of languages. Malay, Chinese(Mandarin, Cantonese, hakka, hokkien you name it), Tamil, iban, dusun and so many other. Of course English as well but sometimes more to “Manglish” or “Chinglish”