Atten 858D+ Reflow/Rework Station

You may have seen this on EEVBlog already. I thought I’d treat myself to one of these . It arrived today. :party: It works great. No problems with the wiring.

The seller did not double-box it, so there were some dents in the box. The station is well padded inside:

A real UK IEC lead with 13A fuse:

The socket on the back is unfused:

IEC socket inside:

Front panel removed:

Mounting holes for the holder on the left side only. The holes in the case are threaded for metal screws:

I will probably fit some additional heat shrink around here as strain-relief:

Power up:

Space is tight, but it just fits above my Aoyue 936:

I put some thin damping foam (not visible) to quieten the fan noise a little. The fan is already a snug fit so I couldn’t use too much, but it did help. There are no strange holes in this fan either.

very nice, that’s the next purchase on my list :slight_smile:

Nice Chloe!

Actually, something seems off… :~
Ah! It hasn’t received a sticker yet!

Have any projects lined up?
Demonstration video? :bigsmile:

I wonder if a sticker will void its warranty! :smiley:

I’d like to try some Nichia 119s in some lights, and I want to tinker with some drivers too. It’s quite portable so I might make a video.

It’s the first time I see a microwave that can be adjusted to min-med-love :slight_smile:

chloe, are you married? there’s no way I’m allowed to keep toys in the kitchen and I was just wondering. …. :bigsmile:

Now you’ve got me thinking. I’m seriously looking at a W.E.P 858D. It’s the same thing except its for 110V. I probabaly don’t need one, but I like the digital control over the Butane torch I’ve been using.

same here, i need something diff besides a cooking pan and a torch lol

Ordered from Amazon.

I’ve been using my bulky heatgun a lot lately, this looks like a surgeon’s scalpel in comparison.
I may need to get one of these now, thanks a bunch :):stuck_out_tongue:

These come recommended (I haven’t tried one)… a lot cheaper on Ebay. Takes a little practice to use. Also can melt plastic connectors that are near the part being worked on.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=t862%2B%2B&rh=n%3A228013%2Ck%3At862%2B%2B

Ooh, infrared!! :bigsmile:

I used a pen torch a couple of times but I don’t like burning things nearby. >.<

Digital control is nice although I’d prefer simple knob/pot adjustment over buttons.

Yay! :party: Please check inside it before you plug it in/power it up! The warning thread on EEVBlog is a couple of years old but better to be safe than sorry. :~

Hmmm. I just realized that the one I ordered is the WEP 858D, not the WEP 858D+.
I can’t figure out what the difference is, if there is one.

I was able to cancel my order from Amazon. I may reorder, it depended if there is any real difference between the two. If anyone knows, let me know.

The WEP 858D has these accessories, some of them I do not have (mine only included three circular nozzles without the additional hardware):

The square shape one seems useful for some large ICs. Also the WEP has the wand stand mounting on the right instead. There are a number of worrying reviews on Amazon about this 110V version. :frowning:

I found this Upgraded Model . It doesn’t ship to Canada though.

I finally ordered this one. It’s the exact same as the W.E.P. 2008D from Amazon, but it’s a YIHUA 2008D . It ships from California.
I guess I’ll be the first to check it out.
So far so good. It’s only been a few hours and it’s already been shipped.

Nice, it has presets and aluminium casing! :bigsmile: Should be much lighter. I did notice a little rust in the steel casing on mine where there is no paint, but I don’t mind. The nozzles look like they are tightened by a bolt whereas on mine they twist on.

I want to make a little weighted stand for the wand so I can put it down safely without it cooling down automatically on the magnetic holder.

@Ouchyfoot:

They just list UPS as shipping method, not USPS. Looks like UPS will charge you their standard $30.00 ‘brokerage fee’, plus Duties, GST, and perhaps PST if applicable. Pls report back how it all unfolds when it arrives.