Nichia 219B CRI92 SW45 at Kaidomain

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S022878

D200 (I believe) luminosity bin, so it’s only 8% ahead of old 219A B10. But it has lower Vf, which makes it more interesting, especially when using it with 7135-based drivers.
I know that KD is not always ‘precise’ with LED binning, so I’ve ordered some to test.

do you have the B10 from illumination supply to compare? this would be very interesting find for non US based buyers because of free shipping if it is really 92 CRI …

Some issues with KD’s listing, see here.
Like the fact that nichia has only said R85 (high CRI) is available in NVSL219B not the NVSW219B that KD is claiming is R85. :ghost:

RaceR86 already added it to the BLF LED Database. Hes always fast. Subscribe to his thread and its hard to miss out.

First 219B R85, if they are real.

Hehe :3

I do have 219A CRI92 B10 SW45, but they came from another supplier. From what I know from the people who have both (these and IS’s ones) they slightly differ only in a color tint - IS’s are pinkish, these are yellowish.
I also have the integrating sphere, so I’m able to make some measurements.

When? :slight_smile:

Oh we have projects we've been working on for a while, they should be announced shortly. :D

CalvinIS :beer:

I noticed the KD 219B R85 have a yellowish die. Don’t match the pinkish / orangeish 219A CRI.92 SW45. Have to wonder if these KD things are even really 4500k. :expressionless:
KD is so reliable with leds. Cough. /s

Sorry about the delays, we've been fighting wars on many fronts :tired:

I’ve contacted KD about the inconsistencies in the pictures and description.
They’ve corrected the pictures - looks like NVSL now (old pictures showed some NCSW LED clearly). Also product name has been changed to NVSL.

Still have some doubts though :slight_smile: Will confirm or deny upon LEDs arrival.

Now that picture looks about right. Phosphor color looks like it could be neutral white. They also put the NC picture back with the item it belongs to.
They didn’t fix their flux bin typos but imho its better the typos are left there, remind people how reliable KD can be. We can still tell what flux bin its meant to be.

So I see that IS has some special run of Preon models with the new 219B 92CRI :bigsmile:
I assume soon we will have bare emitter as well?

And these are no doubt top bin D220 (220-240L) @700mA same lumen specs as Cree T3.

So brighter and lower Vf then previous gen 219 but also maybe a tad floodier with its slightly bigger footprint.

Yep, Calvin IS will be getting bare emitters as soon as possible. post #260

Preon P2 nichia 219B

Anyone knows if the Kaidomain 219B are actually the real deal?

and which are the best to order?

these? http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022972

or should I go with the 219A?

I recently ordered the set of 5 from your link. They appear to be the ‘real deal’.

I ordered the parallel triple. It’s listed as 219A, but I was sent 219B. The tint is slightly different than the Nichias I have previously bought from Mtn, but here’s no denying they’re genuine. As others have said, it really is the “KD Nichia Lottery”

Anyone tested the Nichia 219B-V1 vs 219C 5000k?

I at least did not. I did an attempt to buy some genuine 4000K 92CRI 219B-V1's from Illumn.com for testing (apart from testing them I like to use them in a triple, and I favor 4000K) but the shipping is too much. I asked for cheap shipping as a plain letter in a PM to Calvin, and Calvin would 'look into that in the morning', and that was a month ago.

djozz, I just ordered you 3 of the Nichia 219B V1 from Illumn.

Pm me your address and I will ship them out as soon as I get them.