Review: Xeno E03 XM-L (Pic heavy, beamshots)

Will have to do further test. I remember it cut off, not sure if its batt cut off or by the driver. Coz it seems quite close to voltage cut off by driver, and also there was noticeable dimming before that. But the TF 14500 is protected.

You see, the voltage gets too low and gets cut by the driver, you just have to switch off and ON, it will come on again for a while. The E03 does this, so does the Sky Ray 3 X T6 which i confirmed is the voltage protection level set by the driver. I think battery cell cut off by PCB does not do this...you need to charge it to reset it.

it would be a very nice edc in red with ww.. but i don't want to go 14500, rather compact 18650 xm-l rocket

and it's little pricier :)

thanks for the review!

Xeno E03 NW and WW now on limited time promo on www.hkequipment.net for BLFers at only usd31 shipped, details here. That's 10.49usd cheaper for the WW version for international buyers than the US site. I think they only secured an order of 20 NW and 20 WW.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2913

Oh no.. thats really tempting!!

I just pulled the trigger for one neutral white Blue E03 from Ebay, seller is also HKequipment. I previously bought one cool white from them and arrived after two weeks, hopefully this one will be the same.

Currently completing my runtime test on Eneloop AA.

High: 1 hour and has usable light output for two hours

Med: 4 hours

Low: Currently completing test and light is already in the 24th hour.

Xeno is still going strong on low mode, 28 hrs now.

Wow.... looks like a really good light.

Completed runtime test on Eneloop AA.

High: 1 hour and has usable light output for two hours

Med: 4 hours

Low: 33.5 hours.

Got mine today. Wow, this is a great light. No one at work was impressed because they all know I carry the Spark SL6 as my work light but they don't understand how useful a common cell light like this is. On low there is more than enough light as a candle to light a room with the power out. Medium would be perfect for showering because low doesn't do well through a solid color shower curtain and high is just too much for indoor use. I am waiting on it to get dark so I can take it on a quick hike.

Has anyone found a good pocket clip that installs between the tail cap and body?

Pretending they are in the same price range - what would one get an E03 or a ZebraLight SC51?

If you're dead set on a Zebralight, get the SC51c or SC51w. The standard SC51 uses a Cree XP-G R5 cool white LED. I HATE cool white XP-Gs because the CRI seems to be much lower than other cool white LEDs.

Being half the price, the Xeno is a far better deal.

It is sort of comparing apples and oranges when comparing SC51 and E03. The E03 is much cheaper and is much simpler. The SC51 has much more flexibility in modes and mode changing and with the side switch is really a different form factor despite still being a 1xaa light. If you don't need what the SC51 offers, then you save the money and get the E03. Zebralight does have more prestige than Xeno and in the CPF mindset, that can often trump everything else.

Any Suggestions on a compatible clip for the E03?

I wish they come with memory. Hate cycling thru the modes to access low every time I turn it on. :)

Absolutely E03. Actually the E03's type II surface can withstand pretty tough usage. Already been some weeks in the pocket in and out of it etc, not a single scratch. Choice of NW or WW at usd31 shipped at HKequipment plus ability to turn into a pocket rocket with a IMR14500 from bestinone.net (cheap and excellent in performance), i don't see if anything can come close.

anyone know if the Sipik SK68 clip will screw on to the E03?

Well there aren't any matching holes on the e03, so...

Oh okay, so i guess the holes on the tailcap are just for lanyards.

Hi, i'm from Italy and i have bought a Xeno E03 XM-L and i have noticed something strange. If i use NiMh battery with voltage under 1,2v (low battery) the E03 would not light ON. Is it normal? Can someone do a test?

If I put the same battery in another flashlight, it works.

Thanks a lot.
Davide.