Review of charger Xtar MC0

I was one of the winners of Xtar new super mini charger MC0 giveaway.

MC0 charger came to me at 6 days from China to Greece.

The charger came in a small cardboard box with the specifications printed on it.

The box contains the MC0 charger, a USB cable (yes you can charge your batteries at any USB port), a instruction manual (only English) and the warranty card.

The charger is small and light weight (only 22g) and only smaller batteries fits in the charger.

The charger only chargers lithium type of batteries, it supports charging 10440, 14500, 16340, 17500, 18350 and 18500 sizes of batteries, so forget about charging large batteries like 18650.

The charger has three leds, one (red/green) to show charging and the other two (blue) to show which current settings that was picked.

During charging the charging led will show red and when done the led will turn to green. There is also a dip switch that when pressed will pick the 0.25A or 0.5A current setting to charge the battery.

The slider moves smoothly and can hand cells from 31mm to 52.5 mm long.

I have charged several batteries 10440-0.25A, 14500, 16340, voltage was between 4.18V and 4.19V on all batteries.

Pros:

Small and light
USB port and cable
Two optional charging current
Three-stage charging and 0V battery activation
Small charge current when start to charge
Reverse-polarity and short circuit protection circuit

Cons:

No power supply included with the charger
No charging large batteries like 18650

Conclusion:

Another good charge from Xtar.

If you are looking for a very compact and cheap charger (~$8), MC0 is the charge that you need.

This was my first review of a charge, was not a technical review because i do not have so specialized knowledge, if you want a technical review, please go read some other post.

Thank you.

Thanks for the short and sweet review jpil.

thanks for the nice review, I am looking out for one of these for my small batteries :-)

I was looking for this charger and can not find it for sale on any of my usual sellers. Only at nkon.nl they have it listed, but they do not have it in stock.

So, where can I find it? (cheap, free shipping etc.)

Thanks jpil!!!

Thanks, jpil!

I wonder how good will it sell considering that 18650 seems to be the most popular size around here, eh :D?

Nice review, thanks for taking the time to do it.

Just got mine from RMM. It’s perfect in the truck for recharging my Saber 1A and Solitaire 10440 on the go. Cuts off at 4.15V.