Feeler kinda**Waiven collar**

Hey guys iv been buying things to make my own Waiven collar and i decided im going to take it to the next step on making a batch of around 50, i made a half a one and a driver to dim the led down so i can see the light focusing back to the LED……well it did :slight_smile:

it cost me around $100 to experiment so im gathering funds to make a small batch of 50 and the final cost would be around $12-15 each would anyone be interested ?

i no i have no pics/better info but just a rough idea ? And the SIZE will be medium just like the waiven collar

“Waiven collar” ??
Wow, everyday I learn how much more there is to learn. Google here I come :expressionless:

Cool. I'm definitely interested in at least 1, but I would like to know a bit more when you at a good point to share.

once i get a better pic ill post them, the shape is more like a Hemisphere nothing like a reflector that has more of a point to them….more to come when i get the samples in

Interested!

I’d like one. I realize wavien has the patent but it really is just an inverted sphere isn’t it? I think wavien could’ve made more money by selling them for what they are worth.

Count me in.

yes its nothing identical as there’s, and its pretty much a DIY job/item

Irrespective of whether it looks the same, it uses the same technology (idea) which is what they were trying to protect because it is such a simple thing.

Interesting, please share your performance gains in an aspheric setup!

Their prices are too low, actually. They should charge $1000 each, think how much money they'd make then!

(pity their unique solution can be duplicated by a cut-down old Maglite reflector)

so true, when i get the money built up ill make few of them with different size holes to see if it makes any difference/more light to the led

I think the hole should be sized so the viewing angle from the die ends up illuminating the full surface of the lens, but none of the ID of the head. Know what I'm trying to say?

i sure do

It seems like a half sphere would be the best shape to reflect light back to the center. I picture an ican reflector directing the light straight down to the pill, not focused on the emitter. Maybe there is something I don't know about the old Mag ican reflectors.

Camera was in manual mode with the same settings for both pics, you can easily see the difference at the die between the two.

Can't argue with that. Nice work

id be interested, any progress in getting the samples?

Interested

What sizes are we looking at…any for the SK68 or SK98 or is this going to be for non-zoomies?

Waiven collar?

Interesting!

Inverted reflector UNDER an aspheric…whoah!

hehe this tech have taken some of my time from me, experimenting. have some result will make a thread and link here. it may help… and it may spare the others some time too… have some ideas to improve it and make it more compact, that’s why i will make a new thread, because its not that easy to explain. pity 2014 scratch hand made contest have stooped all my other project :frowning: