TRADED! highly polished SC52 for D25C clicky or Quark or 18650 quark body

Gone.

I have my ZL SC52 which I’ve chemically stripped of its ano in all spots but the lows of the fins and the tail threads for lock-out then highly polished it. There is a small imperfection on the flat where the clip would go (shown in photos). Also the clip mounting point was ground down for a more streamlined look. The clip and screws are however included. The lens is in great shape with the AR coating still reflecting the typical purple color it should. The beam is right around 6000k with a hint of green, no blue, almost neutral. This is a beautiful light and as far as I know is one of a kind. I just recently touched it up on my polishing wheel with some AlOx compound and flitz so its extra shiny at the moment.

I’m looking to trade for an XM-L / L2 version of D25C Clicky or any configuration non-low voltage Quark (pro or tac w/ any size body) or an 18650 Quark body +cash.

Pic 1

The imperfection, this isn’t a scratch or polishing issue, its a flaw in the metal.

amazing, what a beautiful Zebralight! Don’t know how you did it, have never seen any other like it. Wondering why no one else has done it. Thanks for the pictures. I’m sure someone wants it.

Oooooh, shiny. Zebralight should sell them like this normally. :slight_smile:

I don’t have anything to trade though; I’m just admiring it.

Trade ya for that H52w listed in your sig line…

Thanks for the compliments guys, about a dozen hours in it.

Hmm… I think I could do that. (PM on its way)

Trade pending with ToyKeeper… Will update ASAP.

Thanks TK!

Trade deal struck, ToyKeeper your one of a kind ZL will be ther Saturday, thanks again!

Hope you enjoy owning/using it as much as I enjoyed making it. If you ever get tired of it, or 1000 people do their own now that I posted pictures and it isn’t special anymore I hope I can get first chance to acquire it back, even if its old news this one will always be special to me.

expecting a future review from ToyKeeper on this one. Nice you guys worked out a deal.

I received the shiny SC52 today, but I’ll have to wait a bit to do the review. I barely slept, and there’s not really enough sunlight left to do good pictures now.

So, for today, just a quick teaser pic showing how it looks next to other Zebralights: (SC52, shined SC52, H52w (traded, sent to CK about 30 minutes after this pic was taken), and my trusty old H51w)

Wow! That looks pretty awesome.

Incidentally, I think it’s possible to order Zebralights direct from the factory without anodization as a special request. I vaguely recall seeing a picture someone had of one they’d purchased that way maybe 6 months ago (might’ve been on CPF).

might want to send that picture off to Zebralight :slight_smile: What a conversation piece! Any other Zebras on your wishlist? I would like an H502, and I’m waiting for the H52 300 lumen to show up in stock…

is that SC52 an 18650? I have to sign off, that thing is blinding me!

Firelight2, you are correct. I hadn’t heard of this before, but it only took a moment to find the thread with pics: non-anodized ZL SC52.
I may have to try this at some point in the future, like, maybe next time they come out with a new product I want. However, their recent darker anodizing does look quite a bit better to me than their older products.

saypat, no SC52 takes a 18650 battery. However, it does accept a 14500 AA-sized Li-Ion battery, and I have a couple Sanyo 840 mAh cells which are suitable. The only significant difference it makes is that the H1 mode runs at ~500lm for the first minute before dropping down to the usual ~280lm level. So, it adds a “turbo” burst mode. It also provides flatter regulation on the highest mode or two. Otherwise, an Eneloop performs almost exactly the same.

Zebralight has a new model coming out, the SC62, which looks like an SC52, but with a slightly larger battery tube. The SC62 uses an 18650 battery.

The only SC62 model currently up for preorder is the SC62d, which has a high-CRI Luxeon emitter, but a disappointing 320ish lumen output. Long runtimes though… 3 hours at max power.

I was really excited about the H502d and SC62d and other ‘d’ lights from Zebralight for a while, but then I read some reviews from people who had both a ‘d’ flavor Zebralight and a Nichia 219-based light… the verdict was that the ‘d’ models were slightly better tint than a neutral-ish XM-L2 but not nearly as nice as a Nichia 219.

So, I guess I’ll keep waiting, and keep hoping, and keep emailing Zebralight once in a while. I’d really like a H52 with a Nichia 219b high-CRI neutral white emitter. Maybe a frosted lens too. But by the time they actually do it, I probably won’t care any more.

The SC62d does look promising though… it’s their smallest 18650 torch yet, and should have pretty decent light quality. It might be a good candidate to special-order without anodizing.

I just posted a review of CK’s polished SC52. Lots of pictures are included.