4 LED lights @ manafont

18650 wonder what leds these lights use

Those are interesting, I too am curious what led they use

Kind of a cool looking light, wonder how it performs as a workspace light?

On a different note, did you notice the name of the company?

DaZongTong. I wonder if they make thongs too? Then you could brag that your girlfriend wears a DaZongTong Thong. Nothing wong with that!

If I had to guess, I would say it has four superflux Leds like these:

http://www.led-tech.de/en/Light-Emitting-Diodes/Superflux-LEDs/Super-Flux-LED--4-Chip-Technic--LT-944_1_7.html

I take it that in the head is a plastic lens, and below that you see the domes of the superflux leds with their fairly large dies.

Could be wrong though. I wonder if the lights are current regulated, that would give them a really good runtime with a usable ammount of light. Good find, paint me interested!

Edit: Typo

The finish/materials look shabby, and that "glass lens" looks a lot like a plastic lens. Way overpriced imo.

Just ordered a 16340 one. To be honest, I don't expect too much from it but we'll see.

They are interesting. I would be concerned by them if they were made by DaZongTongonFIRE.

I would be more willing to glue magnets to the bottom of one of these than my ZL H501W.

Looking at the pictures, it appeared that the 16340 one had red leds, wheras the 18650 one showed bright white. I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on this.

Didn't notice that....

Note to self. Pay more attention. Looks like it might need to be modded out of the envelope. 4 of those white LEDs from squeeze lights might fit the bill. Should run for a good percentage of forever with those. Maybe 4 Nichia GS LEDs will work.

But I'll find out within a minute of its arrival.

anern, while we appreciate the assistance to help avoid the 5-0 in our grow ops, please post ads in the commercial sellers forum.

Hey Don, has your DaZongTong 4-LED light arrived?

It has. It is nicer than I expected for the money - it is on the neutral side of cool white. It also puts out over 100 lumens which was a nice surprise. I'm sure I've stuck it on the lightbox but I can't find the numbers anywhere.

One annoyance is the resistored switch - it goes high-low-off

It pulls around 1.6A on an IMR 16340, 870mA from a protected Trustfire. It prefers shorter cells.

Expect a review soon once I've finished trying to persuade La Migra that a student visa costing a hundred quid to apply for is taking the mickey for two weeks. Don't expect to win that one though.

Cool! I look forward to review with pictures :)

Thanks!

Doesn't seem to be a resistored switch - just an odd driver. Which I've yet to see. The plastic optic is loose in the head but resolutely refuses to come out.

Here's the top end dismembered.

The out of focus metal washer sits on top of the switch - the rubber switch boot sits on top of that, then the black retaining ring holds it all together. The switch is just sitting on top of the hollow tube - not elegant and there can't be much room in behind the LEDs for heatsinking material.

Another shot.

Hmmmm, looks very interesting. it certainly looks like there'd be a lot of modding potential behind this light

I was looking at the "LED Emitters Thread" on CPF and thought it might use these:

Osram Oslon SSL

I don't think they are Osrams - I've not got any good enough photos to show this, but it appears like the typical generic China LED with the bond wires heading to close to the centre.

This is a burned LED from a dollar light that turned out not to be able to cope with 10440s. This is what the LEDs most look like (Apart from the burnt bit), but I've been wrong before. Wish I could get the optic out to have a closer look.

The output is quite impressive though.

Light Battery
DaZongTong High IMR 16340
DaZongTong Low IMR 16340

Just a note to say that the build quality is good. Threads came well lubed....downside is the plastic lense. Also I

noticed thats the clicky is not quite as tight as maybe it should

It gives out a broad flood which is even. Its a warm white light,,,not a white wight light!!

The design and size is cute

Sounds good to me!

i don't suppose you guys could post a picture looking straight-on into the optic by any chance?

I think i'll buy one of the 18650 ones, i have lots of those (and no 16340s). on low it should run for hours on one :)

I hope i get a warm-white one like Scoobybrights' :D

Does anyone have a review on the 18650?

The Manafont specs say red or white light depending on the battery installation. It also shows red and white beams.