Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY Now @ $ 36. New coupon code - tatasal -(to close July 15) NOW CLOSED

As far as I know, only Nimh cells gain from “break-in or refresh” mode. Li-Ion do not, you only hasten its demise when doing so.

I thought that was the purpose of this charger, that it would refresh a Li-Ion battery like the c9000 does for Nimh.

The first one of the pair came off at 4.20v, but this second one reached 4.2v, and now is back at 4.13, 4.14, and 4.15, I’m wondering if it will get back to 4.2 and just say “full” at some point, or if it is frozen in some cycle?

It does get hot spots of up to 109f at times, in temperature.

you can not buy the charger at $39 and use your $2 coupon :expressionless:
look like the $2 coupon is for future use, and can not be combine with any other discount… sheesh :Sp

I will try to find that article concerning refreshing a Li-Ion cell being not beneficial. Anyway, doing a charge/discharge cycle on li-ion doesn’t do any good to them, it’s even harmful!. I have experimented this with my hobby charger. You just do more damage by decreasing its life-cycle. Remember, li-ions does not even like to be deep-cycled, not even fully-charged (which is ironical) nor deep discharged. Read battery university’s article on it.

Here it is: How to prolong lithium-based batteries

If you don’t have a hobby charger, I believe one of the better features of this charger is its ability to discharge-capacity test a cell/s, thereby avoiding the ‘guesstimate’ of knowing the health of your Li-ions or any cell for that matter, aside from its other features. This way, you will know when to finally retire your beloved cell!

The Refresh Mode, on the other hand, is really beneficial to NiMh.

My package finally showed this today:

(It was shipped April 29th but ‘slept’ at the postal office for 5 calendar days)

2014-05-15 16:28, Order departed from sorting hub
2014-05-15 00:00, Posten, Direct Link, Singapore, The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link’s international terminal for onward transport abroad.
2014-05-06 09:28, Order departed on flight from origin
2014-05-04 15:00, Order dispatched

Now I’m starting smell it….

I received a reply from GB to a support ticket as follows

Dear Earl,

Thanks very much for placing the order with us.
Could you please give me your address as below ,as we can not find your shipping address in google map , we need to reconfirm it.
Name:
address:
city:
state:
zip code:
phone:

If any problem more , please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards

I know that each order require the buyer to provide the above details for any order to be processed. PayPal also provide these details to the seller. So I can’t understand why they ask me those details again?

Hey Bro,
I will take it up with Dora tomorrow when office hour starts. Thanks

You should have low confidence in GB. It took them almost two weeks to get mine in the mail, and I chose express shipping. I ordered a TR-J20 from them on Wednesday (to spend the store credit that they gave me for express shipping last time). It was expensive enough that I got free express shipping, but once again, it looks like it’s going to be a long wait — it’s been two business days, and they haven’t shipped yet. (OTOH, mountain electronics, from whom I ordered the batteries, shipped immediately).

i guess expedited shipping does not mean expedited processing lol

mines been sitting for 2 days … i should have just gone with the free shipping

I went with free shipping. Ordered on May 7th. The package just popped up having gone through Chicago customs and now at Chicago US post office. If things go as normal, I should have it in about two days.

Ordered on 05/01/2014
Finally got an update with great news!
2014-05-14 21:56, Processed Through Sort Facility, ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)

There’s a good chance I’ll see it on Monday May 19!!! 3-5 days from NY to Marengo, IL
That beats the July 6th I was getting! LOL
dwdw47

So basically GB shipping is very slow? where are they located China? i thought China> USA shipping is around 1 week.

Finlay got my unit on 15th May free shipping. I received “has been shipped” status on 30th of April. I am currently charging KK 18650 cell in slot 1 at 2A. In slot 4 i put 18650 cell and set charging at 1A. In slot 3 a put another 18650 cell and also set charging at 1A. Soon after that, charging current in slot 1 went down to 1A. This charger has 4A charging current 1A for each slot and can also split 4A evenly into slot 1 and 4 right ? So while slot 1 uses 2A other two slots should have 1A each available, am i wrong ? Meanwhile slot 1 reduces charging current form 2A to 1A (at least so indicates LCD), so the charger operates at 3A max with three slots occupied. I also noticed that, when i set 2A at slot 1 or 4 and put second cell in slots 2 or 3 (2A in slot 1 and 1A or 2A in slot 4 works fine), the charging also reduces form 2A to 1A in slots 1 or 4. Is it normal behavior ? Am i missing something in spec ? It may happen you start charging one cell at 2A slot and you decide after 1h to charge second cell in slot 2 or 3 which results you got suddenly longer charging time in one of “2A slot” due reducing to 1A.

Its 4A max, no matter how you mixed it. 4x1A 2x2A….the 4A is the max.

The charging current can be selected for 200mA, 300mA, 500mA, 700mA and 1000mA.
If only bay 1 and/or 4 are used to charging batteries, current 1500mA and 2000mA can be further selected.

Hello Earl,

We checked your order, it’s because your shipping address is different from your address listed on paypal, and we can not find your shipping address in google map, it’s possible for post office can’t find your shipping address too, we just want to confirm, otherwise your package would be sent back to us. Hope you can understand.

If you need a screen shot, please PM me, thanks.

Hello dazed1,

GearBest.com offers three types of shipping: flat rate shipping, standard shipping and expedited shipping. Just go to product page on GearBest.com, there is a detailed chart about each type of shipping time. GearBest.com offers FREE shipping, which is “Flat Rate Shipping” which usually takes from 10-25 business days, and buyers can choose to pay additional for Expedited Shipping, like DHL/FEDEX, which takes only 3-7 business days.

We also hope you can understand that shipping time is dependent on the respective courier.

It will be so kind of you if you can recommend other faster shipping ways, we will try our best to list them on our shipping partners.

Thanks!

Just send to either address, it will be delivered. My two cents. Am I right Bro? haha