Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY Now @ $ 36. New coupon code - tatasal -(to close July 15) NOW CLOSED

It was a bit lucky I got it today. I had just been at the post office collecting some other stuff and when I arrived home I saw the postlady was working at the apartments next to mine. I did a fast run to my mailbox and there was a notice about the parcel, another fast run to catch up with the postlady and I got the charger.

The tracking from the Danish post gives the same message as above.

I got it with a US power supply and will probably do all tests with 115VAC. I hope to do the first test run today, but I have to finish some other stuff first.

Hi All,

I received this charger as part of the group buy and it looks to be working great, although I notice the fan is always on regardless of the temperature.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? I wonder if one of the temperature sensors might be faulty?

I think its the latest versions as it shows 2.0 when powered up.

Thanks!

Please test a few 16340 and 14500 cells. My charger works fine on 18650 cells, but I get some strange results on my old 16340 and 14500 cells.

What strange results are you seeing? I’ve tested my stash of crappy blue UF and red flame TF 14500 cells and got the expected high IR and low capacity. One of the newer TF flame with 900mAh on the label just completed testing at 723 mAh at 0.5A with 201 IR, so it’s not too bad considering. The rest had IR in the high 200’s and capacities from 300-500 mAh. These cells had been quite used and abused, so I wasn’t surprised by the results.

KuoH

i received mine today.

my 2 keepower 14500 tested at 787 and 814 mAh.

i tried testing a TF Flame 18650 bought from Tmart a year ago. the charger first charged the battery, but when it was supposed to start discharging, it flashed ‘null’/’charging test’/’500 mA’, and somehow it didn’t start discharging… it happened in slot 1 (to the left). i had to remove the battery, and then i put a keepower 14500 which worked in the test mode.
i don’t know if there’s something wrong with my charger perhaps?

I had this problem in the early days. As I understand it, this is due to poor contact. In BT-C3100 when compared with XTAR XP4 very weak spring, which often makes poor contact. Now I’m used to press his fingers lightly contacts after installing batteries.

An unbranded charger lol!!

Doesn't say "OPUS" anywhere, does it? ;)

I just took a look at all the review samples in page one of this thread, of 4 reviewers, none have the Opus name. Only the BT-C3100 is printed in the upper left corner.

I like the name OPUS.

In our scene it's the new chinese COMPANY NAME of the year, 2014.

Next to GEARBEST.

Both really made an impact, coming from nowhere!!

you can buy the powerfocus branded one

not the same price, even with 23% discount.

Is it the v2.0 firmware?

I think not…

I was just asking..

Well, it does not pop up.
I’m trying to work with GearBest support, but they are still playing dumb…

A fast note about my testing of the version 2 software on the charger:

It looks like the oscillations are gone.

But I am not very impressed with this charging, usual my cells does only hold about 3100mAh:

The problem is the still the current spikes.

I.e. do not trust the mAh displayed when charging!

Discharging shows the correct capacity.

I will do a few more tests and post a supplement to my review (It does not look like there are enough difference to justify a new review).

@HKJ, so what you are saying is the charger will not charge 3400 mah cells to around ~3300/3350 which should be their real capacity, instead it charge them to around 3100? :confused:

Edit nevermind, i misread you, its NCRA cells.

So the best way to measure capacity is when they are not charging right>?

The real value is show with test function that show discharge misure.

The best way to measure capacity is always with a discharge, but for LiIon the difference between charge and discharge is within a few percent.

Interesting

Using my iCharger to charge my li-ions, in the charging mode, the mah display is ALWAYS about 25% or more above the nominal capacity of the cell upon termination. Like a 3000mah cell, it will always display at least 3900+mah BECAUSE, as most of that energy are just converted into heat. The manual of the C9000 also says the same thing.

What should be taken as the real capacity of the cell is to take it during the discharge mode termination after showing full, then normally a new 3100mah cell should show about 3030-3050mah.

HKJ’ s photo of the mah charged input into the his 3100 looks normal to me, IMO.