Switch-direct-rechargeable series flashlight,new design

Correct—proprietary being a unique connector while non-proprietary (or standard) being a widely-used connector.

I think this is a fairly novel idea though. Rubber flaps do wear out over time, and there’s nothing more annoying than a broken or stretched rubber flap on a device. This tech seems to eliminate that problem. Of course, the “perfect” solution would be a Qi wireless charging tag (standard format, allow for perfect waterproofing), Qi doesn’t work through metal. So that would obviously be a huge problem.

Is carrying around a power bank that has to be charged so you can attach your flashlight to it for recharging really more convenient than carrying a spare cell that can be swapped in less than 30 seconds?

I think it makes a lot of sense for a work light where you're usually near a power source, probably a vehicle or a desk. You can top off whenever you're there, and take it off and be out of there in a moment. It looks like it should be possible to plug in with one hand by feel. Heck, I sometimes get it wrong with mini and micro usb even when I can use both hands and eyes.

I think the power bank example was more to capture 1) the fact that it can be charged from any USB port, even one from a portable device and 2) show how one Convoy product (the flashlight) can properly interact with another Convoy product (the power bank.)

This is a good way for Convoy to go after people who are less comfortable with changing batteries and having an external charger. Assuming the charging circuitry is a good one, I see this is a product that appeals to more than just your average BLF-er. I could see this replacing incandescent MagLites for people looking for more light output without an increase in size or weight.

I’m certainly interested in buying one, and if I really want shiny accents, I can sand or strip the anodized coating and polish it off to my tastes!

Nice original design.

Very clever to use the switch as the electrical contact for the charger. :smiley:

for my buck the very first thing you have to solve is the imminent loss of the charging device… after that we can talk charger circuitry and water resistance.

Don’t get me wrong, i like the concept but a hold with a plug that accepts a micro usb makes more sense to me.

Hmmmm, interesting.
Any $5 promotion deals :smiley:

The brand is 北斗光 (“BD Torch”). The logo is clearer on H36:

“Big Dipper Light”? Beidou.

yes ,the same manufactory

Late, but yes, your right TexasToasted, I remember I was catching up on the last epsiode of "Game of Thrones" on DVR while responding, not thinking!

Proprietary switch! Why Convoy, oh why not make it microUSB? Would be cool to just charge it off my phone charger, wherever I am at. Makes a lot more sense.

Do you have any more cool lights planned for release? And is it possible to add a led power switch that shows battery level indicator around or in the power button, like the blackshadow terminator or nitecore lights? Surely a little led power button switch can't be too much more to add in could it?

Interesting.

A few questions:

Are the charger circuit and driver circuit separate? (can I change the driver and have the charger still work?)

Can I use the flashlight while charging?

Is there a pill or a shelf for the led to sit on?

Will you send one to HKJ for testing of the charger circuit?

Price? When will you start selling it?

+1

Charger needs to be tested properly.

Or the model name of the charge controller.

I didn’t see it for sale in your store… is it for sale yet? :smiley:

+1
Independent testing is necessary when charging 18650s inside a sealed metal pipe.

A safety blow-out vent should be have been included in the design.

Great original design, but a little complicated for me, I prefer tiny flashlight with simple UI

almost the same price as L4 ,dont worry

just sample in my hand

Interesting and ingenous way of including a charging connector without the addition of an extra “port”. Im supprised a light company has not used the MacBook-method of using a surface connector with the Neodynium Magnets yet.