Any info about this light (3 heads - UltraFire 3x 2000 Lumen)?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any info about this light:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-3x-2000-Lumen-CREE-XML-T6-LED-18650-Flashlight-Battery-Charger-USA-/271493410598?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3f3644af26

I thought that I had seen a thread about it awhile ago, maybe a mod thread or something, but I can’t find it now.

Thanks,
Jim

Triple head like a Fenix TK45.

Could it be the same as one in the movie “Promtheus” ?
which was triple head like a TK45 Flashlights in movies

Have one of the first ones this guy sold, they were not T6’s then and they are not now. XP-E
Anyway it is a decent light, under driven. But it is unknown how to pull apart the heads, the hole reflector wants to spin.
Cheap construction, only a couple threads mating the tube o the head.
It throws good for what it is, tint is kinda blue, but I have worse.

The side switch will blink when off, once batteries have been changed. To stop this, hold the button down for like 4 seconds and it will stop.
HTH
Keith

A few people picked this clone up a while back. I think they were on ‘sale’ for like $13.99 b/o (ebay).

Low drive current was all I can remember. I think it might also have a 26650 tube, not sure.

Yeah… I have one of those… not too bad for the money, definitely it’s not XM-L T6 though.
Even though it’s under driven, but it still gives a good throw but caution if you decide to remove the head, as the wires are very thin and very short… it’ll cut the wires off when you pull out the bezel.
I have a problem trying to pull the driver out, seems it’s glued :expressionless:

Hi,

In case anyone is interested, I found it’s “on sale” on buyitnow for $12.87 from a U.S. seller (Ebay item #301161725624) - I’m not affiliated with the seller - just passing this along. Everytime I try to paste a link to the item, I get this kind of funky URL, so I don’t want to post that.

I kind of guessed that it was actually 26650 (which is good) from the size of the tube, but that’s kind of not-so-good news about removing the heads and the weak driver. I was hoping that, at the least, I could replace the emitters with maybe XP-G2s or something and bump up the driver current…

Thanks,
Jim

Do you have a link (or subject line) for a thread about it?

Hi,

It appears that no one has a thread for this light yet? I’ll post at least pics of it when I get it, but still would be very interested if anyone has disassembled and/or modded it.

If found the thread I alluded to earlier, but it wasn’t for this light, but rather a Terminator, so that wasn’t applicable.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi,

Thanks! I’ll post on that other thread to continue that.

Jim

Hi,

This is an older thread, but I was able to get the heads off, by “carefully” unscrewing them, and the wires twisted, but didn’t break. All 3 emitters still light!

However, I can’t get the darn body unscrewed. Has anyone been able to that? Where exactly is the break? Is it between the switch section and the head? Or between the battery tube and the switch section? Or both?

Also, how did you unscrew it? I haven’t tried anything drastic yet, just rubber gloves, but the thing won’t budge :(!!

Thanks,
Jim

EDIT:

Also, it seems like the emitters are in series, because if one goes off, they all go off.

The head and body can be separated. so does the tail… they’re not glued :smiley:

I’ve been guessing that that’s the case, but haven’t been able to make it happen yet. I really don’t want to put this in a vise or vise grip, and I don’t have any strap wrenches yet, so I may try a heatgun, which I do have.

Just give it a good grip and twist.

Hi,

Thanks! Did you do any mods with it?

Jim

I figured seeing where it separated is all you really needed.

I have it running direct drive, I didn’t like going through all the modes to turn it off so I put in a tail switch also, a pretty good thrower in direct drive. If I remember correctly I think it’s pulling 3.4 amps on a laptop pull.

Correction: Just checked it again, it’s pulling 3.88 amps

I can’t take the driver out :~ how did you do it?

I bought one a while back as well. One of my to do projects. I kinda dig it and for the price it’s a cool light. I’ll probably put the emitters on sink pads and de-dome them. I’m sure I can bump up the driver somehow or replace it.

Hi,

I appreciated the confirmation that it could be opened, but to be clear, I still haven’t been able to do that yet…

Take the battery tube off and use some large needle nose pliers (use them in reverse to span the distance between the sides of the threaded ring holding the driver in) apply pressure, turn counter clockwise. It’s just like many others but does not have the holes drilled in it.