XinTD X3 drop test, waterproof test [VIDEO]

Hey all. Relatively new here but I've been picking up some great info and also some great deals so so I wanted to say hi, and thanks for such a great forum full of helpful people.

I just received my Xintd X3 from aliexpress seller simon mao (got it the same day I saw that there was going to be a promo next week). Anyway, I thought I would knock up a quick video for anyone that may want a closer look before deciding whether or not to get one next week. I am fairly new to collecting flashlights (didn't even consider I was "collecting" until the other day I realised I had more than 20 torches), so still know very little (but learning) about modding, drivers and all that stuff, so my video is very basic. My video skills are... low to poor.

So please don't critique my video or review ability, I know its not great, but it may still be of interest to someone thinking of buying this flashlight. For $29, I would highly recommend it.

As far as waterproof rating goes, I don't think there would be any problems with it being submerged for quite some time. O-rings are a decent size and threads nice. My initial thought was that this torch seems very tough. Hence why I bravely dropped it a few times from overhead height. The aluminium didn't hold up that well, seems a little soft. Doing the same with my Nitecore SRT7 leaves it unscathed. Torch still works fine though.

Some specs:

Batteries - 1 x 18650 or

1 x 26650 or

3 x AA

Lumens - 1000

Modes - Typical Convoy 2 group modes.

LED - CREE XM-L2

btw, I am in no way affiliated with Shenzhen Great Wall Technology Co.Ltd, I paid full price for this flashlight. A week to soon.

Fantastic review. I wish all reviews included water and drop testing.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

If I bought at higher price, and saw this weekend promotion I would probably drop it like that on the ground too. :p

:D

Thanks for testing!

:beer:

the person in the video does not talk.

who is that, you?

muted?

you're a convoy-ultrafire fan, all righty!!

I also noticed that the anodizing itself is also sub par on the xintd..

Gets damaged quite easily.. most people don't take that in consideration when buying this light.

The drop test made me cringe. I'd never do that with one of mine, especially on concrete. Nice video though...

yeah, that's me. I'm not a very confident speaker. When I try to speak on video it's sounds like I'm speaking in tongues.

I prefer to write, I can do dat prerfekt.

Thanks for the video review. Nice effort. You'll have to buy two lights. One for testing and one for keeps.

I'm confused - Simon has it listed for $64, Banggood for $37, WallBuys for $45, IOS for $50. 30% off is $46 or so, which is about the normal price? I got mine from Hank at IOS a while back, before anyone else had it. Think I paid $45 at the time.

Ohhh - just saw the drop tests - OMG!! Lack of SS on the tail really does a # - this light is heavy - lot of force coming down on that tail...

It seems that simon lists items with an inflated price, then "discounts" them. Generally most of his lights (convoy anyway) are so called "discounted" 90% of the time. This brings the prices in line with what you would expect to pay. At the moment I think he has removed all discounts, I don't think he will sell much with current pricing.

His service, and quality of lights is alway a+

Very nice review. I find the video of beamshots even more useful than pictures of beamshots. I can relate to them in use more. This light would be too throwy for me. I wouldn’t be able to do those drop tests, not with my lights anyway.

I see it's at $29.57 now here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-XINTD-X3-CREE-XM-L2-U2-1A-LED-Flashlight/330416_1552661701.html - I think that's Simon...

Dude, I don’t know what your talking about. Seriously. You showed off the XinTD X3 very well. Not much one could even add. Great video. I’m interested in the XinTD X3 now. Wasn’t very interested at all before. Just the lack of a side switch might keep me away.

Love the opening glamor shot. Very nice setup, carefully placed on a nice log, splash of water drops, lush background greenery, nice view as the camera pans around it. I could see some sellers stealing screenshots from that.

The light is built like a tank, but odd cell size - too wide for 26650's (they fit but too much space), too short to accommodate longer 26650's. This is all to handle the 3 AA holder I'm sure, but I have no interest in that option.

Thanks for the positive feedback Helios and others. I guess just feeling hesitant when posting due to some of the fantastic in depth reviews others do here.

It really is a good flashlight for $29 bucks! I will be getting a new one, and maybe I'll try my first ever mod on this, now very used one

It came with an o-ring that I believe is to help 26650's fit better? Don't have any 26650's yet so haven't been able to test it out.

I don’t understand why these lights are now being supplied with crappy 3xAA holders that wont be able to deliver the necessary current to the driver. The one I got from IO came with a quality low resistance carrier which makes me wonder if some of these cheaper examples are actually clones.