Ultrafire LW-18T6 5x32650 and...

Whoa, Mama:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10006644/1574202 LW-18T6

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10006644/1519900 LW-12L2

Amazon has the SuperNight 12x Cree for only $59.99 and free shipping. I didn’t use my Prime account and still got it in 2 days to New York. Had the same high power driver used in the Lightcastle version.

AMAZON

I like the first one, but it's a lot of money to put into a light without knowing it performs well or having a driver that supports 5 batteries if the original driver performs poorly.

You serious? Anyone know how it throws?

I really wanted that 18x cree version with the side switch, but the thought of having to purchase 5 cells killed it for me. If it was properly driven, and could be used in a 2 cell or even 3 cell configuration, I would have made it part of my collection. I also believe, but not positive, the XM-L’s used are upwards of about 8500K, so it may shine with a fairly cold tint, or very blue in color.

The specs say it can run on 3/5 26650 or 36650. 8000-8500k leds.

Yes, it can run on 3 cells, but I’m sure the output would be a joke. For it to perform, it would be best to install a FET driver
from RMM.

Just ordered the 12 cree XML2 from fasttech $68.82 after coupon. This light is xml2 version where amazon is selling t6 version!

Great purchase!

Just make sure you only use it with Un-protected cells of very high quality. If your batteries are good, it’ll illuminate on High mode, if not, it’ll flash then bypass high mode and go to strobe. I have a set of KeepPower 5200mAh Unprotected 26650’s arriving today. I’ll let you know how they work after a quick top-off charge.

The 12 emitter lights seem to be the way to go. The 15T6 I got (different brand, maybe Ultrafire) had 4S cell holder (Could run on 2 cells too), emitters were wired 5S3P, and had a very whimpy boost driver.

EDIT: Opps, posted the above in here accidentally.

Great! Awaiting you light up this massive monster!

No way to run an 18x off 5s cells with a FET driver. You’d need an extension for 6s cells and wire it 3p6s. Driver options are gonna be very hard to come by for that setup.

Hey Cereal, thanks for correcting me. I actually knew that but must have had a brain lapse.