0 - 10 volt PWM dimming with RF remote - help needed

I just bought a large 24,500 lumen luminary that contains multiple drivers with dimming options for 0 - 10 volt dimming. A search finds several expensive bulky controllers and network management solutions, but only a few inexpensive single channel controllers with RF remote capabilities. I just ordered this one (slow boat from China) but Id like one that adds passive IR and photocell options if the price is right. Does anyone have any experience with 0 - 10 volt dimmer controllers?

Product Info

I’m also interested in this topic (0-10v dimmers for fixed lighting). I don’t see why this wouldn’t be a good topic to place under LED Light Bulbs rather than Off-topic Chatter. That should net more eyes on the problem.

Thanks Wight. I moved this over to the appropriate section.

I received the dimmer and its quite decent for the money. The only problem is in the difficulty of pairing the remote to the controller. Its takes about 50 attempts (or more) for it to pair up correctly. Once successful, only partial functions work, so the pairing sequence has to be double-entered in quick succession for all the functions to work. If not, I have to start all over. Ive been in contact with the Chinese seller and they replied with a bunch of bogus information for some other device… go figure. The largest frustration is that once programmed and running, if power is disconnected from the controller for longer than 12 hours, it forgets the remote code and the pairing sequence hassle must be sorted through all over again! |( Its hard to tell if this is only with my sample or if they all share this problem.

The good news is that the controller draws around .8 watts when powered down. The controller is rated to handle 200 watts power. The luminary draws 250 watts, so I bypassed that part and plugged the light straight into mains for testing. I might buy a relay to pass the power control later on.

You are probably already aware but a simple potentiometer can be used for 0-10v dimming.

Thanks for the advice. Ive been using a 100k logarithmic potentiometer, which dims both drivers when connected to the 0-10v inputs (wired in parallel).