Costco, new Duracell 1000 lumens?

Howdy all.

I’ve just learned that some Costco warehouses have a new Duracell light at 1000 lumens. My location won’t get them til the 15th. Has anyone seen these yet? Specs?

Thank you…

Is it this one? Looks like a zoomie…

Found it here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duracell-1000-Lumen-HIGH-INTENSITY-LED-Flashlight-MADE-IN-USA-FACTORY-SEALED-/221565630389?\_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Hmm. Interesting. I did a Google search with Duracell 1000 lumens and this eBay ad did not come up. It very well could be the same one that Costco is supposed to be selling. Thanks…

Some family from Mexico bought all of them What I can say is they are zoomies with a TIR lenses for 29.99$ I saw them while they were checking out.They seemed pretty decent and a big improvement over what they had carried in the past.

I’ll try to check tomorrow. All the flashlights normally come in a multi pack.

I think I saw those last week at my Costco, they were 19.99
Is this the one?!
The one on EBay is $44.97, but it does have “free” shipping :wink:

This is probably why that Mexican family bought so many, they are for resale.
This is to be expected, Costco IS a wholesale club.

Fixed the pic for you there, dchomak! :wink:

His worked fine too until he edited (I assume he edited as it no longer works).

Were the ones, I wish they would say what emitter was in it and driver, I wonder how the alkaline batteries would hold up?

Well, I did some quick searching, and found nothing about the LED. But according to the packaging, it has a runtime of 2h on high and 35h on low. I don’t know how you can get 1000lm for 2h out of 4 “C” cells. I guess it’s possible to get the runtime, but not at max level the whole time.

I think I’ll pick one up as soon as they hit my store. Probably run Tenergy NIMH Cs in it…

Remember that ANSI run times are to 10% of original output so at 2 hours it will be 100 Lumens supposedly. To me ANSI run time and throw numbers are for comparisons only, not real world performance numbers.

Thanks for fixing my pic DavidEF. I did make an edit and accidentally deleted a character that affected the viewing. I was JUST about to fix it when the phone rang. :slight_smile:
Anyway, here is a shot of the emitter, it’s an XM-L2.

Hmm. Another Costco in my area had them today, so I grabbed one. I might return it. When the light is on HIGH, it takes 3 clicks to turn it off. OFF only happens once the light goes through its modes: High, Low, and High Strobe. Plus I’m not crazy about the additional printed text on the light. CHINA CHINE 1434 on the tailcap. 1000 on the other side. And the Zoom/Focus graphic on the bezel. When the light’s bezel is pushed out (spot mode) the beam pattern image is the shape of the LED. Almost Sipik 68-like. Lastly, the stepdown/regulation seems too aggressive and abrupt. After the light’s been on high for about a minute, you can easily see a quick step. Then in another minute or so, another. And so on. If I had to guess, I’d say it steps down 50-100 lumens per step.

Was it 19.99 at your Costco too?

Yes, 19.99…

Bought one today. Very very bright. Compared to myg25c2 eagletac. Very similar although the eagletac has a lot of spill along with the beam. For close up…10to20feet… It’s very impressive. Huge flood of light. Cost was $20.

Just got one today at Costco for $19.99. Great Flashlight, checked it out against my Nitecore AE4 (860 lumen) and it is brighter.

Does anyone own the infamous Defiant 650 to compare?

This light was a real steal and great performer during the many Home Depot Defiant liquidations.

http://budgetlightforum.com/search?q_as=defiant%20650

Ended up returning mine today. The step down thing was weird on my unit. It would step down a noticeable amount several times over a several minute period; and then it would step UP! I tested all of the batteries. They were all around 1.37 volts.

Sigh. Maybe mine was defective. I “may” try another one soon to see if it behaves the same or differently…