New batch S3 in stock( protected 18650 lithium fits),new batch C8 next week

S3

Any chance of a host only option? Looking at getting at least two of these.

S3 host?

Nice!

Yes. An S3 host. I already have several drivers and LEDs needing a new home, and I may have found it! :slight_smile:

here it is :

S3 host

Awesomeness!!!

I’ll buy a pair of them by the end of the day.

edit: ordered!

Oh you can triple emitter the hell outta this one! :slight_smile: (it has the short reflector)

Do you mean that a spacer is not needed for a triple with carclo lens?

Is anyone able to explain what the difference is between the S2 and S3 and S2+ and S3? Thanks.

the size of reflector
S2:20*20MM
S2+ :20*12MM
S3:20*12MM

pill of S2+ is bigger than s2,s3 uses no pill design

S3 has stainless steel bezel.

if it uses the short reflector, yes, the pill and TIR optic is the same length as the short reflector, the long reflector you need the spacer or the pill screws in too far

Ordered.

*XML2 T6-4C

*7135*8 output current 2800mA

*mode (2)5%low—–30%mid—–100%high

:smiley:

Great, I didn’t know that. Now I can get a couple of these hosts and postpone having the learn how to use a lathe :slight_smile:

Received my kit. But one of the kits, the lens was chipped. Also, I found my NCR18650B cells (non-branded, protected) to not fit into the body. However, my ICR-18650-30B cells fit just fine.

I’ve put them together both using a Qlite Rev.A driver (selected the 4th star), with one light having a XP-L U5 7A3 (80+ CRI) and the other, XP-G2 R5 5A2 (min. 70 CRI). I got to say, I do like the beam profile of both LEDs, but more so the tint of the XP-L (warm white, 3000K).

The s3 has no pill. It has inter grated shelf. You need to make a spacer for tripple set up

S3 black anodizing is much better than new M2 imo. Please make one with the same black anodizing for S2 in SMO!

Was about to order the S3 host without knowing this, thanks!

A direct triple build without the need for any spacer it’s only possible with the S2+, with the longer pill it can screw further to the front.