Acebeam MT-G2 headlight ???

Anyone know about this? I know there is another thread on an Acebeam headlight a few months ago but that thread refers to a XHP50 light. Now its showing MT-G2.

Although the specs show it uses 1x18650, but I’ve read that single cell isn’t possible with MT-G2.

Acebeam MT-G2 headlight

LED: Cree MT-G2 LED with a lifespan of 10+ years of run time
Maximum Brightness : 2000 lumens;
Weight:47g(not excluded battery)
Power:1*18650 Hight Drain battery (Do NOT use 2*CR123A or 2*RCR123A battery)
Rated range:3V ~ 4.2V
Length:108mm
Head diameter:24mm
Body diameter:21mm
Waterproof to IPX-8
Impact Resistant:2 Meters
Accessories:Opetator´s manual, Warranty card, Spare O-rings, Magnet replace O-ring, Clip

It is possible, but I don’t think it would be industrially convenient, and thus I believe that is a typo and it’s meant to be an XM-L2.

I don’t think it’s a typo, but I think it’s unnecessary.

an MT-G2 will not run on 3-4.2 (but could be boosted but it would not be boosted for long) or contrast that to the prohibition to running two 18350’s and the rest falls in place.

I sent the inquiry to Acebeam (when I receive a reply I will post it here)

Inquiry to Acebeam:

“You show this headlamp is MTG2 is that correct? How does it run MTG2 on single cell 18650 battery 3V ~ 4.2V?

LED: Cree MT-G2 LED with a lifespan of 10+ years of run time
Maximum Brightness : 2000 lumens;
Weight:47g(not excluded battery)

Also when will the light be available for sale?”

If Fenix is making a single battery MT-G2 light, Acebeam could, too.

so in theory :

a booster circuit needs 5A from 4Volts to give 2,5A @6 Volts (assuming 25% loss)

how many Ampere are necessary to drive a MT-G2 for 1600 / 2000 Lumen?

iam wonder,if there will be flashlites in convoy size with mtg2…this headlamp looks also as a crazy model…

I think it’s MT-G2 , hence the high drain battery requirement

Runtime will probably be kind of sucky.

Well you could choose a lower mode.

I would buy something like that in a heart beat. I love that format light for EDC and with an MT-G2 it would be beautiful and bright!

1*18650 & MT-G2 or xhp50 or xhp70 :party: :heart_eyes: :party: :heart_eyes: + with high cri :crown:

Acebeam never replied to my inquiry so I sent another just asking when this will be available.

If they can do this then maybe they can do it a regular tube style light like their EC30.

Acebeam could do it as well. But this is something that just works ALOT better with a 26650 light. First of all, a 26650 actually has enough capacity for the light to have a decent output for a respectable amount of time. And secondly, a 26650 light can better dissipate heat due to its size and bulk. On the other hand, the MT-G2 would still probably be a good idea at lower power with 1x18650 due to its better tint and floodier beam compared to other emitters.