Finding centering rings?

It has been a quite some time that this LEDs are on the market but I still cannot find centering rings for:
- XP-G2
- XP-L
- MT-G2

for Convoy C8/M1... reflectors

I think I bought all models I could find o_o

Did you had more luck?

XP-G: https://www.fasttech.com/product/1576101
Maybe fits XP-L, too.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/7-5MM-Insulation-Spacer-for-led-CREE-XM-L/411584_612054094.html

I’ve bought the butterfly style and the adapter/spacer style from Mtn and they both work great with my ultrafire and convoy c8s with both the xpg2 and xpl.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=25_82

I have them, they are not good for Convoy light.

I do not think I have those, will order them right now and check how they fit :slight_smile: thanks

Have all 3 tipes, are you sure they fit Convoy C8 thight?

Yup.

Recently though I even took the spacer off my convoy with an xm l2 that has a 20 mm emitter board. The reflector is now sitting right on it. I think the focus is much better with the emitter sitting deeper in it. It has plenty of clearance from the wires and emitter.

I’ve played around with the reflector in my ultrafire c8 with both the xpl and xpg2 using the spacers from Mtn and it fit great. I just have to make sure the pill is at the right height for a good tight fit.

The little clear ones on that page have the tightest fit. The butterfly ones you have to make sure the reflector gets screwed down just right.

The emitter opening on my C8 style lights is larger than a normal xm-l style making it difficult to replace with an xp-sized emitter and have it neat and properly centered. Maybe this is what the OP is having trouble with?

I will take some photos when I get back from work with Convoy C8 reflector and different centering rings.
finally those photos I promised:

small error here, group on the left is not meant for XP-L

So, convoy C8 SMO reflector opening is 9mm in diameter and ideal centering ring would have
hole in the middle for XP-L / XP-G2 / XP-E2 emitter and 9mm outer diameter to fit right inside
of the reflector siting flush on the led mcpcb.

Been looking for suitable centering rings as well. I've resorted to cutting the thin stick-on insulation gaskets and tapping the head to get the reflector as centered as possible when tightening. It's a pain, and I'd gladly pay for some that are appropriately sized.

If I get the time (I doubt :frowning: ) I will try to cut some test rings from thicker tracing paper (we have Graphtec FC7000 cutter at work) and then stack them together

Have you tried contacting Convoy? They might have a better source. There isn't anything that really fits as it should. It's all sort of "best you can get".

Yes, the one on the picture, marked as Convoy C8 is from Simon, he does not have any other “gaskets” as he call them…

This one is used on Lucky Sun lights and some others;

Where to find this one?
Thanks,
Keith

went ’oogling for images and this is the best collection on the Internets for info on varieties and sizes of these things.

I use these in Convoy and Ultrafire. They work great, my Convoy is a fixed shelf and the Ultrafire has a removable pill.

Matt