Jacob A60 OUT OF STOCK

Good Luck N10Sivern,

I never managed to found better reflector thrower in Jacob A60 size(I don't want to doubt but I really don't think you will manage to find it either, maybe with bigger head and reflector but not in this size :) )

If your will be similar size, and 200kcd range I will take it.

53x51mm reflector, single 18650 battery. No pill, built into the head just like the A60. Looks similar to the A60. Should be better made. 57mm head, 178mm length. Type III anodizing. Only issue is price. It’s costing me like $30.50 each shipped for 5 hosts. Actual price is $25 plus shipping. I had to order 5 so the shipping and paypal fees didn’t rape me. If we were to order 50, the price would go down to $23 each, but if we did this as a group you have to add shipping costs to company, shipping to us, paypal fees, and profit so we would be back at $30-35 shipped for a group buy if I had to take a guess. I will just have to see. I just paid so I will let you know how they turn out.

Won’t take long to figure out what I ordered

Might be interested, a little pricey for a host of that size (last I paid for a A60 was like $11-$12), but if it came with a decent AR lens on top of the quality advantages, then maybe. Id' be interested though to see what de-domed LED performs best in it without modding the reflector.

For my de-domed XP-E2 R3 1D0 Jacob, the best I can get is 165 kcd after finding the right amps (~2.4A - 2.6A), perfectly focused, and with a UCL lens. I'm testing at 5 meters, so not sure if a longer test distance would produce higher #'s. I might have a bad (lower performing) LED or bad hot de-dome, though it all looks very good.

No pics, but details:

• added a copper 20 AWG round under the Noctigon because the reflector appeared to be not able to sit low enough on the centering spacer
  • using the XP centering spacer, see-thru type, exactly like this: mtnelectronics XM to XP-G2 adapter, but sanded down from 1.83MM to 1.54 mm, mostly off the top
  • I can twist the threaded connection between the pill and the head to focus it. Unmaintainable to sell/use this way unless I glue it in place or something, or could try to build up something to move the LED out of the reflector very slightly - it's a clearly defined narrow zone of a sweet spot

Conclusion: disappointment in not getting close to the 200+ kcd other are getting, though it looks great compared to my domed XP-E2 A60 (tighter, brighter beam, brighter hot spot on trees at roughly 75 meters).

Jacob A60 reflector dimensions are:

50.4mm OD of reflector, and real usable diameter(cup)or ID is 48mm, and 45mm depth.

Jacob outer dimensions are: 55mm head, 170mm lenght

So when we speak about N10A60 with 57mm head, 178mm length it will be bit larger in size and bit heavier. Jacob has plastic reflector and because of that it has thin wall diameter while N10A60 has aluminum and it should he thicker wall which means it could have less than 50mm usable diameter but with bigger depth.

So yes N10A60 could become new champ... I see potential...

Tome E I think it is hot de dome... I really did practice on old emitters(if XP-G2 R5 is old) and results vary a lot for me. They are not better than my gas de domed(some of them had same lux values, but most had much lower values than my best gas de domed emitter), and some of them looks the same as gas dedomed so I am not really sure that tint shifts that much as everyone saying.

I tried hot de dome upon reflowing while emitter is still hot or with waiting cooling times, and I really de dome it either way but always some residue on top of the emitter. I also tried acetone which just crumbles the dome and leaves some cleanable residues on top of emitter.

Your gas de dome works the best for me. I slightly cut and lift silicone around the dome on 4 edges with scalpel. And in a less than hour dome fells off(or if it not i just lift it easy with toothpick), and almost each time leaves clean emitter without any residues. It only leaves some silicone around bond wires.

It could be centering issue. I can make wider or narrower beam on XP-E2 driven Jacob A60 (P60 style) which will throw 150 in wide or 200kcd in narrow beam with same emitter. So it could be that also.

Ahhh -- thanks!! Will definitely then do a gas de-dome. I got plenty of the Mitko XP-E2 R3's to play with. He's still got em to sell, btw. I'm a bit short on XP Noctigon's though, but still got a couple.

Fingers crossed :)

i would defiantly get a full light as i have no time to build one right now.

For me its quite to opposite: gas dedoming got always a warmer tint( on same emitters) plus its slower

Hot dedoming on the other hand: i `ve found out that using hot air, a hot knife and so isnt that great: the sillicone hat dont warm the way i like

I use a 18650 battery- and DD with it the emitter till the sillicone hat gets soft, from first i watched the PCB temp( when it reaches 100deg), but now i dont: i used to it already :slight_smile:

- 2-3 times for 5 seconds( sillicone cap check for softness), then i lift the emitters sillicone hat by 1mm, then another 2 times ( 5 seconds each) and voila, we have an almost clean dedome

- copper DTP emitters need a bit more heating time

• i use a Ultrafire 18650 battery, cause it dont give that high current when DD- at 4.2v prolly about 3amps, its a must, at first i used Sasmung 25r but i fried several emitters, so here we have the only situation in the FL world where Ultrafire battery is the better option( thats not a joke)…a laptop pull could work too

This way i have like 90% success rate….i usualy tear those tiny gold wires when in a hurry from time to time

Mitko how many hours did you have emitter soaked in gas?. I know how to do this in short period of time like 50minutes, and it seems that I don't have green tint shift.

Last year I went on holidays(about 2 weeks). Before I went I had left 3 emitters in gas and forgot; when I returned there were all inside IO oval plastic box. Nothing happened to them but tint really looked greenish than other that are done in shorter period of time.

So Ultrafire you say :) I tossed them all in a trash...But worth a try.

Your procedure reminds me on Vinhnguyens54 video of de doming i saw on you tube. I tried to find but it is not available.

I don't have luck with hot de dome. I consider de dome failed if I have silicone residue(even the tiny bit) left on emitter because I can see that residue in aspheric projection(it should not be issue in reflector though).

Yep, I’d say the most effective method for “hot” dedoming to heat the led by running it without heatsinking for a few seconds. That way the dome gets “soft” where it needs to be, right on top of the phospors. Since the rest of the dome is still solid, it comes of in one big piece without any crumbling or residue left behind.

I would also be interested in this new light, but it would have to be pretty fantastic to be worth $30 to me. I can see KKW or others buying a few for re-sale though.

I wonder what kind of thrower this would be. 159mm*63mm*63mm
http://szobm.en.alibaba.com/product/60152730337-200275902/Wholesale_OEM_LED_Flashlight_Torch_for_tracking_XM_L2_LED_1200_lumen_powerful_Fast_Track_Flashlight.html

Funny you mentioned that. I’ve already contacted them. I’m waiting to hear back what the reflector measurements are. Doesn’t matter if it is a 60mm reflector if it is only 30mm deep.

Looks like a HD2010 head on a 18650 tube... ? HD2010 reflectors are fairly shallow, but throw a ton. In this case, depth is not as important as width Smile.

Yeah, smth like that would be quite fine: we do miss a nice budget 18650 single battery thrower

Has anyone tested this CNQ aluminium reflector, OD 52mm, ID 47mm & 40mm deep.

If we raise the mcpcb a few mm it should match up, and maybe file of a little from the rim. It looks like an possible upgrade to me :slight_smile:

According to luminarium iaculator, the Jacob A60 reflector is

“50.4mm OD of reflector, and real usable diameter(cup)or ID is 48mm, and 45mm depth.”

Well. It looks exactly like a HD2010 head in size and style, so I'd rather have a HD2010 with 26650 or 18650 capability. Maybe advantages for gun mounting with the smaller diameter body? I'm thinking from the wholesale price, you'd find them at $30-$40 listed at a discount retailer, which is a little higher than the HD2010 at TMART -- it's a guess though, could be ~$25, same as current HD2010.

Tom- HD2010/ Y3 are good enough, but including 26650 battery they weight 400 grams… compared to 200-250 grams for the M2x its 2 times more: it could cause a weapon debalance, plus most weapon mounts are 25.4mm( 1 zoll( inch)…and some weaver side mounts are unique, that cant be replaced with crafted easy

Plus, the heavier the FL is, the bigger the chance for it to damage the optics if its mounted on its top

What why M2x UT have that great suxcess btw

230g (18650 HD2010) vs. 341g (TMART 26650) as listed, so the 18650 vers is lighter - big assumption the listed weights are correct. Dunno - to me the A60 is in an entire different league in weight and size. M2x - you mean the Olight Javelot - different league in terms of price.

Yeah, M2X UT can be easy found for 68$, but its driver cant be customised that easy you know :slight_smile: And the head diameter is kinda big for a .223 common light rifle

They widely use C8 here, but we do need something between C8 and M2X

In a matter of fact i bought only once hd2010 from Tmart, after that it was alwasy out of stock: was talking about Yezl- i bought many of those, good flashlights but kinda big