Quintuple XHP70 flood monster. >20,000 Lumens OTF ~270W.... over 9,000°C ;-)

InfinitusEquitas wrote:

My bib is in place, and the drooling has commenced. Eagerly awaiting updates.

LOL, for sure. Looks like I need to keep a stock of bibs next to my computers for when I open LinusHofmann threads.

LinusHofmann's Slogan: "Go big or go home!"

You’re a mad man! I want one three!

Wow wee.

Go big, then GO BIG.

My BTU Shocker Triple XHP-70 will do 20,079 lumens with 3 LG HE-2 cells on board. That’s only 3 as compared to your 5 and running 6V set-up.

With 2 cells it’s around 13,000, over 14,000 with 6 18650’s in the carrier.

My modified battery carrier DID NOT LIKE that little experiment! I almost fried the traces on the 2 pcbs of the carrier. (stinks, burned the masking off and the copper is a bit worse for wear it appears)

All these XHP builds that I have been seeing on BLF has gotten me anxious. I can’t wait until the plunger that I just ordered gets here.

awesome!

Yeah, baby! Here we go again!

By the way, the first battery pack you made was inspired and really neat. This latest pack is amazing. I find myself wanting to see one of those shielded switches where you have to flip the shield to toggle the switch. Like a master arming switch.

Regarding frying traces, maybe you could conspire with Hoop and machine a driver with big traces?

You mean this plunger?
I agree… that will make an awesome light! :bigsmile:

I just replace em with sheet copper, just got done.

Point being, when we mod for more power there’s more to it than just bumping current, the traces on the board have to be able to carry the new load, as does the switch and everything else related. The way Linus is doing this one is the right way, my Shocker mod is being stressed to it’s limits. :slight_smile:

Great project, it looks like it will be build very well, with the active cooling, this beast will be really useful as well!

Wow, just wow! Very useful to find the key hole after a late night out :wink:

Can´t wait to see some 20k lumen beam shots!

Kind regards

Of course *

*Secretly I just hate working on small fiddly lights :wink:

Sure, the 20k lumens is probably a bit on the conservative side as an estimate. But I’d rather under promise and then over deliver on something like this than vice versa. :slight_smile:

Plus it’s really important that this light is essentially fool proof and ideally also capable of running on full output for the duration of the battery life.
These are the aspects I’m more worried about achieving than simply going for max output.

And having BTU traces act like sacrificial fuses is pretty insane, haha. Good to know the limits of those carries though :stuck_out_tongue:

The pill and tailcap may look familiar? :wink:

Ambitious and awesome!

The new era has arrived. :bigsmile:

Eagerly awaiting those centering rings :slight_smile:

Sugru is your friend, if you haven’t tried it I highly recommend you do so.

It’s uncured Silicone that you can form like PlayDo and it cures overnight. It comes in a foil packet, several different colors available and like PlayDo it can be mixed to create unique colors. As silicone, it’s an insulator and does not conduct electricity. Because it’s not a glue it’s removable. I’ve used it to repair charging cords at the terminal for phones, make insulation/centering ring/spacer discs in flashlights, it’s really an endless use product.

Sugru, you should check it out.

Hot Diggity damn