SOLD- Convoy S2+ modded to DD triple XP-L and 18500- SOLD

Hi all,

Up for sale is a Convoy S2+ shorty modified with triple XP-L V6 3C emitters under a Carclo frosted narrow spot tri-optic. Using ideas gathered on this forum I also modified the light to accept a flat top 18500 cell (not included). These modifications included shortening the original pill by cutting off the top to preserve the original driver retaining ring on the bottom. A FUBARed triple XP noctigon was sanded flat and soldered to the top of the brass pill and then the XP-L noctigon was in turn soldered to the top of the first noctigon. I also filed some off the top of the switch retaining ring in the tailcap to gain a bit more space. The tail spring was cut to low profile and resistance moded with 22 gauge silicone wire.

This S2 draws 8.5 amps off an efest purple high drain cell and gets hot fast. The driver is a singe sided FET driver flashed with four mode star firmware featuring four modes in ascending order with no memory (low-med-high-turbo always starting on low). I did not include a turbo timer in this light. See pics below.

It is 60 yards to the sugar camp.

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $75. International buyers pay actual shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is kyfishguy@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking,

Brian

INSANE!! Love it!

GLWS Brian!

very hard to resist! I have one of your Mini Mags! One of my finest lights!

A Shorty Triple! This thing is sweet. The more I look at that beam shot the more I’m impressed.

Nicely done! :beer:

Is it possible to change the Ui to start on high first?

Yes it is but consider the fact that these triple XP-L pocket rockets emit enough heat to cause serious burns and start fires. It starts on low with no memory so you can't accidentally burn your pants down.