Nitecore EC4 CREE XM-L2 U2 LED 1000lm & EC4S XHP50 2150lm 2x 18650

Ohh I just realised heh :zipper_mouth_face: my bad

1.5 hrs on 2x18650 @1000lm doesn’t qualify this light as very efficient tho. Other levels’ runtimes are not fantastic either am I wrong?

the Nitecore P36 out performs this in every spec.

banggood p36

Product name: NITECORE P36 CREE MT-G2 Tactical LED Flashlight
Brand: NITECORE
Model: P36
Emitter Brand CREE
Emitter Type: MT-G2
Material: Aerospace grade aluminum alloy
Mode: Turbo,high,mid,lower+
Tactical Strobe,Slow Flashlight,Quich Flashing,Location beacon,SOS
Runtime: 45min,1h,7h30min,325h
Battery Configurations: 2 x 18650 battery(not included)
Peak Beam Intensity: 22300cd
Switch Type: clicky and twist
Switch Location: tail of the flashlight
Impact Resistant 1.5 meters
Brightness: 2000lumens (max)
Range: 300 meters
Lens: Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass
with anti-reflective coating
Reflector: Utilizes a micro-textured metal reflector
Carrying Strap: included
Waterproof: IPX-8 Waterproof 2meters
Color: black
Weight: 252g without battery
Size: 173mm x 50mm(length x head diameter)

But the P36 costs TWICE as much…

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder what capacity 18650 the runtime was tested with? Hopefully not 3400 because I would hope it would run longer on two 3400mah 18650s.

and it is ugly.

Not if you know M4D MAX :wink:

Per Nitecore’s website, the EC4 runtime was tested with two 2600mah 18650s so using 3400s should make the runtime on turbo quite a bit longer than an hour and a half.

They always test with their 2600mah cell. I never understand why the do not use their 3400mah cells.

EC4/S has good cooling performance. Hope it can driven harder on higher mode.

any update on the ec4s?

EC4S will be fitted with XHP50 2150 lumens.

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/nitecore-explorer-series-ec4s-ispo-award-2015-product-winner-lighting-energy-section

http://flashlight.nitecore.com.media4studio.com/html/uploads/ueditor/image/product/EC4S/EC4S_UM_EN.pdf?c97d26

Just placed an order for the EC4S, should be here Wednesday (9/30) can’t wait to compare it to the EC4 I already have. :slight_smile:

Envy...

Heh. I don't know why some member PM me for EC4S GBP . Unless, you guys want that to happen???

Hahaha, that’s funny because I saw your name along with the EC4 and EC4S on this thread so I clicked it thinking it would be a group buy too.

Can turbo be memorized? Or only high?

does exist the xhp version with black battery cover?i dont like the pink/red part of it)

As the first model XML2 light was just mentioned (THANK YOU ecko404) in the Deals thread with a discount coupon

I put a link in that thread to this discussion.

One caution if you go to buy it, watch the checkout cart page prices carefully.

The NOTE— OLDER MODEL — XML2 light was shown as for sale for $79.95

(The NEWER MODEL XHP5 light is for sale (3 only!) from the US warehouse only for $65)

I took the XML2 and applied the discount code

I saw the list price jump (light gray font in the checkout page) when I put in the discount code — to over $100 US.

I backed away, looked at some other things, and came back removed a couple of miscellaneous items from my checkout page,
and looked again, and the list price for the XML2 showed as back down to $79.95 with the discount applied making it $30.

Hm. Okay then.

Their page also was taking several minutes to load, so something’s not updating properly or at all.

Screenshots wouldn’t hurt if you want to be able to show exactly what was displayed when you made an order, if there’s any problem.

Now to pick a thread on modding this light and jump in ….