The Zoomable Jax Z1

HERE English Review From A German Forum

http://budgetlightforum.com/search?q_as=jax%20z1%20review

Z1 is a very high quality zoomie. I dont recall hearing of an MTG2 or XHP 2400lm version… Sounds interesting and HOT! (Literally) :slight_smile:

Thanks guys.

Here’s that 2400 lm one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAX-Z1-Cree-XHP50-Zoomable-2400lm-8-Modes-Flashlight-/331566155574?

Ahhh HKEquipment http://hkequipment.net/index.php?p=1&s=e5d82cfcc5f9f213bbbf46a040317eef&act=search&lang=en&favorite=jax&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Emailed the selling company, they said the throw was about
500m on the 2400L version.

Any signs of the MTG2 or XHP emitter version of the Jax Z1 from the Chinese retailers? Banggood still only have the original XM-L2 version.

Interested to see how Jax dealt with the 'Black X' and 'Doughnut hole' in the hotspot of these emitters, using just the aspheric lens and no reflector to help.

I was holding off from buying the Shadow JM35 or spending money on the older version, pending an updated Z1.

Many thanks if anyone knows any news...

Keep shining, Hirsh

Imagine the big dark cross that will be projected with the XHP 50!

I got a 402meter throw with my jax Z1 and the SBT70. It’s not the maximum. I can only get a 400meter area to maesuring for the moment.

The Jax Z-1 is a well-made zoomie that is a cut above the run-of-the-mill Chinese lights.

In its original form (XM-L2) it did about 55-60 kcd.
Mine was modded by a fellow BLF’er and now does about 195kcd :slight_smile:
using an xp-g2 emitter. Overall a ‘good little zoomie’ if you don’t mind the price.

How did you got 195KCD?
How many amps you put in you xpg2?
My Sbt-70 got 9.90 amps (FET driver from mtn) and I can only get 500meters throw for the moment. I’m thinking to replace the lens to get better throw.

Banggood as the XHP 50 version too

Just thought would mention it here:

I believe I’m getting about 4.2 amps into the xp-g2 emitter. At full zoom measured at 10m I’m getting 195kcd
using an EVVA 26650 battery. My other batteries (including hi-drain 26650’s) were getting slightly less.
I expect the xp-g2, being a smaller die size, has more concentrated beam.
Less lumens but more throw.

You modded your flashlight? Or a modder do it for you ?
What driver did you get? Fet ? DTP copper pcb? Sorry for all these questions but I never pass 2.6amps with these diode.
And now I want to make my next mini thrower.

Stack 2 .33 ohm resistors on the sense resistor of the stock driver. Add a dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B on a 20mm Noctigon and you’ll hit at least 200kcd in a Jax Z1 that started life with an XM-L2.

A fellow BLF’er modded it for me :slight_smile:
I wanted it to use only ONE cell (shorty version) and so it’s using the standard Nanjg driver
with added 7135 chips.

You could use the original XM-L2 emitter (dedomed) but it wouldn’t throw as far as an XP-G2.
Others have achieved around 220-230kcd but I didn’t want to go the full 5 amps because of heat issues.
I’ve used it now for about six to eight months and no issues.

Hum what is the sens resistor?
I have the driver here but no flashlight for it . And an xml 2 too.

Don’t know much about sense resistors, or what they do.
But maybe this will help:

or this:

I see some of the XM-L2 Z1’s are sold with an extension tube, I presume it gives more user time. does anyone have experience with this?

I just order one with the Tube. Just curious on what to expect :slight_smile: