Review: Thorfire KL02 Keychain Light (Giveaway Closed)

Ok, so Thorfire sent me this light a while back… they gave me a choice between this and the USB lantern. I chose the lantern and they sent me this too. Anyway I decided I was going to do a quick review of it- even though I didn’t have much time. The light worked great for a while but then died. Now there doesn’t look to be anything wrong, but it doesn’t want to stay lit… I don’t have the energy, time, or patience to figure it out- because keychain lights aren’t of any use to me. I messed with it for about 10 minutes short of disassembling it- maybe the board isn’t making contact? Anyway here’s my honest review of the light, and I’m going to give it away if anyone wants it. Shipping is on me. I understand it’s probably the worst giveaway ever, but it’ll be really scientific. The very first person to PM me gets it mailed to them. This is a US giveaway only… sorry international friends. EDIT: Giveaway closed!

Anyway… the review. It’s short and boring, and probably the closest thing I’ll ever do to a table top review. I had already shot all the footage, and decided why not… it took me 30 minutes to do a voice over, edit, color, and upload it. But seriously, it’s a one mode keychain light- what else is there to say?

It’s already gone folks!

Thanks for the short and sweet review. Some prefer them large but to me its just to large, as a keyring light that is.

I am a keychain minimalist. I have 5 keys and a FOB for work… that’s it… And I think it’s still too many. Yeah it’s like the size of a chapstick or something but fatter. Plus I feel the video is still about a minute and a half too long. I wasn’t feeling creative… but if it brings me in a few dollars of google ad revenue over the next 20 or so years and a few subscibers, it’s better than deleting all the footage. I wasted 9 hours of time lapse footage on my camera for this thing!

Best sucky giveaway ever! :smiley:

Hell, I liked the video review. :stuck_out_tongue:

sure it was suxx :smiley:

Thanks everyone!

Wow, hadn’t seen the time stamps on the posting, I must have looked at it and sent the PM just after it was posted. Thanks Mhanlen for the giveaway. I seemed to have one it by luck. I will see what I can do to the KL02 and it will be my 500th post giveaway in a bit is what I am thinking for now.

Thanks again for another great review, got to say the lantern one was great, this one was too for what it is…

nice

No offense, but you could have been little more professional (and just as stern)

You should send it to old lumens, by the time Justin is finished with it we will be hearing on the 6 o’clock news that NASA has discovered a potent light source pointing upwards coming from Texas that shorted out their surveillance satellite

This light looks like it was made for Ladys only…
if you understand what I mean :wink:

Your professional integrity remains in tact, but I hope mfgs will avoid sending you crap in the future.

Chinese !@#$fire company emptor!

That light reminds me of Maratac lantern TLL Strobe Light by Maratac® REV 4 + Includes AAx4 Insert!

Yeah you sent that message maybe a minute or so after I posted it. Quick on the draw! Good luck with it, and let me know if you figure out what’s wrong. Like I said, I didn’t investigate it too much other than test it with a 14500 (with a series of wires) to make sure it wasn’t my battery. I do probably need more than one 16340 anyway.

I am going to assume that man gets a lot of junk. I personally sent him an SG3 a while back that died because the reverse polarity didn’t work. I’d feel bad if I sent him more stuff that didn’t work.

Yeah it does. Maybe it was modeled after it?

In all fairness I don’t know if it’s something I did or a manufacturing problem. That said, it shouldn’t die during testing right?

That’s exactly what I though. The Thorfire Magic Bullet!

In fact it is a copy of the quite old on the market now, JIL Lite Constel.

Sure enough looks like it. Thanks for the pics!

By old I mean I know about this flashlight for at least 2 years. You will see how even the LED package was copied as you can see in the photo below.

This is of course not the first JIL Lite to be copied, others were actually cloned before, like the JIL Lite J2.

Huh. I just now saw your review... I actually like the idea of a compact lantern light. This would make a good tent light for camping. Hang it from the top it would illuminate the inside nicely. This looks like it needs the emitter replaced with a WW emitter and an option for a lower mode. I'm not buying one, but it's unique enough that I would like to have one in my kit...

Don’t get me wrong… It’s not a bad light. I love the dome… And hanging it from the top of the tent would work nice. I just don’t like putting lights on my keychain. But as some sort of alternate portable candle it’s perfect… Provided it works!