What can you tell me about this driver?

I recently purchased an UltraFire 1226 from another member here. When taking the light apart, instead of the 7135-based driver I was expecting based on this review (Review: Ultrafire 1226), I found something more unusual.

This driver has a single 9435 IC, and space for three more on the PCB:

In addition, there is a bank of eight resistors (?) all labeled Z•Z (or 2•2, I can’t tell which):

As this light uses the SRK-style battery tube, I don’t have a convenient way to measure tailcap current. I jumpered with some alligator clips through my DMM and using a single 18650, only got about 1A. Can this resistor be modded to improve output?

I can always strip the board and piggyback a Qlite or FET driver…

I presume the 1226 I have came from Gearbest. Differences from the review posted above:

1. Driver is obviously different
2. Emitter is presumed counterfeit based on visual differences
3. Emitter is mounted on larger 31mm aluminum PCB
4. Shelf is a thin but solid piece of aluminum attached to body with thermal adhesive

The 9435 could be a MOSFET, something like?

http://www.datasheet.hk/search.php?part=ic+9435a&stype=part

Is there anything on the other side of the board?

Does the light have modes? Or is it single mode only?

I don’t see another chip on their like an MCU or controller?

That is the entire driver. Nothing but contacts for the battery on the opposite side.

The light has the typical five modes, High/Med/Low/Strobe/SOS.

I think that little three-legged chip on the bottom right, above the capacitor, is the “controller” you’re looking for. I don’t know anything about it except that’s what I’ve seen on lots of cheapie drivers in cheapie lights that I’ve opened up.

The small part makes the modes and the big part is the Fet.
You can bridge the resistors or move the positive led wire on the other side(before the resistors) to get more current.

what values does these resistors have?