Brinyte B158 XP-G2 heavy duty zoom. Rail Mounts, remote switch, solid brass pill. Updated w/ video & rough price.

Brinyte sent me a message on Youtube, asking me if I’d like to review it. It looks like a fairly decent model. Thoughts anyone? Look like a mod contender?

http://www.brinyte.com/product/1440491407.html

Looks pretty nice to me. I wonder what it’s priced at.

No clue. I almost missed it, because sometimes YouTube doesn’t notify me of messages. I’ll try and get some pricing info hopefully and report back.

I reviewed some of their lights, and was impressed overall. Interesting design on this light as well. Brinyte makes good quality stuff.

Never used one of their lights before. This light looks pretty cool though. I don’t have any zoomies other than my SK68 currently. This one looks super easy to mod.

Might be a good contender against the UF-1405.

Yeah, looks like the build quality is on par.

The 54mm head diameter matches the UF-1406 (UF-1503), not the UF-1405 (UF-1504). I got 230kcd with a dedomed XP-G2 R5 in the 1503. This light is slightly more lightweight than the 1503, 249 vs 272 gram.

Hmm it’ll be interesting to try! Wonder if the driver is a standard size? What driver did you use djozz?

I used a FET-converted NANJG AK-47, so the XP-G2 was direct drive. It was an old XP-G2, so just an R5 bin, but also with lower Vf than the newer ones, that will draw less current. I still think that the latest bins XP-G2 will give a bit more throw.

Thanks for the info! Not dedomed huh? I like the idea of swappable pills. I wonder if they can provide several pills per light.

Sorry not to be clear: the XP-G2 was dedomed..

Thanks! Some more info… The red and green module use. AK-47 driver and the white module uses a 105c driver.

More info on the light. The lights appear about $27 USD and a bit of change for quantities less than 10. I do not know yet if that includes shipping. Here is a video about the unit in English. It’s pretty informative and includes disassembly.

Price seems pretty good if the build quality is good. There’s a good chance I’ll pick one up at some point.

Shipping currently ain’t great. Might be a group buy light, but I need to check it out first. I’d be nice if a retailer could get it and handle shipping. He said they could make sure to not glue it at the factory if it is requested.

I’m still curious on how waterproof a zoomie can get.

Maybe if you could review them zooming underwater

I’ll surely try it. It looks like there’s some sort of threading system, that must make it much harder for water to ingress.